• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What pain meds were you given for Ureteroscopy/Laser Lithotripsy

not quite the same, but i had a cystoscopy - i had general anesthesia for the procedure (as there was going to be some minor surgery), coupled with IV fentanyl in the recovery unit, and was sent home with fuck all :)

p.s. sorry i forgot i had a moan at them when they said they were sending me home with nothing and i got two tramadol to take home and they gave me a DHC tablet while i was waiting to be discharged...

I hope my urologist sends me home with a script. I heard its a very painful procedure.

I had surgery and while I was there I was put on IV Morphine. Upon discharge, they gave me a shitty script for 30 5mg oxycodone. My doctors reply to any of my suggestion was "BUT YOUR A YOUNG GUY! UR A YOUNG GUY!" So I didn't even bother to ask for more at the follow up visit.

It's a common enough surgery but most doctors will try other routes before opting for surgery. It was considered for me because I have kidney stones (yes a common condition but many people go through life without them) and my doctor wanted to do imaging first to see how embedded they were and if they were likely to remain so. I never did have the surgery but passed small stones and was treated medicinally for a while. I think you'd have more responses on a renal health forum than here where it would be a random part of the population that this may apply to as opposed to the majority. The anesthesiologist usually determines the drugs used just prior to the procedure or following the pre-op intake. The doctor determines the meds you will go home on and they vary widely depending on their own personal preference, how pressured they are by insurance/DEA, and your personal history. It could be anything from anti inflammatories to strong analgesics/narcotics. It could also be advice for OTC meds. Depends on a lot of things. Ask your doctor in advance if you're concerned about it.

Thanks for responding. First time having surgery but I've passed about 25 stones since my first 2 years ago. I am a stone machine!

I used Bluelight because its the only fourm Im already a member of amd that has a lot of members.

Ive researched this procedure and just hear a lot about how painful it is. Both during and after. I dont deal with pain well. Hoping all works out.

Well had the surgery. FUCK does it hurt. My first piss afterwards had so much jello like blood clots in it that it just clogged the strainer. Also, the stent with a string hanging from my dick doesn't help.

They gave me general anesthesia before the operation which I believe included Fentanyl, Morphine and Diladin.

Went home with 30 Roxy 5's. Thank God they they wern't Perks with all the Tylonel.