• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids What % of your usual dose to you think you required to stay out of withdrawal?

I could probably drop my habit but if there is an option I would rather drop 50%.
Not sure I could get an actual true weight at such a dose.
Maybe a larger bottle....
Now ya talkin. ;)

Really depends on dose to start with . I think most ppl find tapers harder towards the bottom end even if done at the same percentage all the way thru. Obviously the longer acting the opiate makes a big difference too. I found the first sort of 30-40% dropped going in increments of 5% weekly were easy then noticeable wd signs became apparent . Basically saying the lower it got the lessu can drop without feeling it or less often .

As mentioned above if ure on high amounts I can prob goto a third and not even get sick.. Again depending on opiate and how often taken etc.

Hope this helps

It's hard to say. When I was on 380mg/day of methadone, I would take 240mg in the morning as soon as I woke up, then another 140mg in the late afternoon, yet every morning I woke up in pretty mild but clearly noticeable withdrawal. I would wake up in withdrawal, feeling cold and uncomfortable, and immediately gobble up 24 pills of the 10mg methadone tablets (which isn't fun because they aren't small, and tend to crumble), and then I would just wait around feeling uncomfortable for around 90 minutes until I finally started to warm up.

So for me the answer is 110% of my total dose in a sense. It's sort of a black hole for me.

When I was in Australia and ran out of my methadone supply, I had to go to a local methadone clinic, and the most they'd give me was 180mg, which is around 45% of my 380mg dose. Needless to say, I got pretty sick.

Long term or short term? I can go down to about 20% of my dose for about 3 days. If I want to taper 75% dosage, 90%dose if benzos.

30% was always my golden rule for being able to go to work or not go into work. I'd still be craving like a fiend all day, which can interfere with my work with the students, but it's enough to get through in a pinch.

coming to this late but it really raised my eyebrows! 20-30% of your dose to keep off withdrawals, that seems crazy- i’ve
just dropped 20% (i.e on 80% of
my original dose) i’m really feeling it- dropping 80% would be close to CT for me

am i getting mixed up here?