• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What makes Xanax taste so bad?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
I mean I tried a couple of pills, benzos, painkillers, all kinds of pharms, x... But there's no pill that could even come close to Xanax when it comes to the taste. It's disgusting. Why is it like that? Is it contains something special, or alprazolam in itself has that taste?

Alprazolam has that taste.

But i can tell from experience that cyclizine and bupropion taste even worse. They are bitter, caustic and numbing.

its a taste you learn to love i can sub them all day and not even bat an eyelash
klonopin is the only benzos for me personally that the taste is delightful
i sometimes get a pixi stick crush the xanax and mix them less bitter

The high number of N atoms per Xanax (alprazolam) molecule is why it tastes so bitter.

really? i always thought footballs and kpins taste quite on the pleasant side, almost sweet

Valium is probably the most benign tasting drug I've had, yes, almost sweet I suppose. Now amitriptyline (Endep) smells and tastes wrong to me, it's a disgusting pill ime.

I mean I tried a couple of pills, benzos, painkillers, all kinds of pharms, x... But there's no pill that could even come close to Xanax when it comes to the taste. It's disgusting. Why is it like that? Is it contains something special, or alprazolam in itself has that taste?

Anything that has 4 nitrogen atoms in it will taste like crap because these compounds are usually strong poisons, and during evolution, humans who found those compounds sweet ate them and died, so what was left was those who hated their taste and did not eat them.

really? i always thought footballs and kpins taste quite on the pleasant side, almost sweet
you ever keep them in your mouth a bit longer? I used to do that with my Zoloft it would taste super good and i'd just suck on the pill and it would suddenly taste like an electric eel just came on my tongue

you ever keep them in your mouth a bit longer? I used to do that with my Zoloft it would taste super good and i'd just suck on the pill and it would suddenly taste like an electric eel just came on my tongue

bleh. xanax taste lingers for a bit at least to me. can taste it thru a pepsi and shit. nasty xD

I have grown to associate that taste with relief...so I like it.

Temazepam tastes like artificial sweetner...in kind of a good way.

I think Xanax itself is just super bitter. I've had liquid alprazolam (powdered alpraz in a PG solution) and it had the same taste as the pills - terribly bitter.

That's one thing I love about my Klonopins. I can put one under my tongue, let it dissolve, and it tastes like sweet, minty candy.

are you all serious ...wtf are talking about ? the xana im able to get is 0, 5 mg, and the pills taste FUCKING SWEET ! no bitterness ever and iv melted a couple of those fuckers under my tongue .

are you all serious ...wtf are talking about ? the xana im able to get is 0, 5 mg, and the pills taste FUCKING SWEET ! no bitterness ever and iv melted a couple of those fuckers under my tongue .

Who manufactures your alprazolam 0.5s that taste sweet? I want to check the excipients for sweeteners. That'd be odd for a pill made to take p.o. (by mouth, swallowed.) I'm just curious.

im using Grindex ones.
and ten or so minutes ago i put one under my tongue and i realized im biased, because im into sweets. coke drink here, candy there. plop a lil benzo and a lil spliff and i'm chilling.

Personally I don't think I've ever tasted anything as horrific as Ambien. Granted I have had a few Xanax in my day (I think I snorted them?) but I don't really remember an awful taste.

guys I have tasted SO much bitter chems that I'm used to it. I do codeine and other CWE drinks frequently. One time I drank a massive t1 codeine CWE straight thinking it was my water... ewww. Let me tell you something though NOTHING even compares to a tianeptine toss/wass... so SO fucking bad, like surreal bad.