• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What makes amphetamine "burn" ?

Loved To Deth

Greenlighter
I find it weird how amphetamine sulphate sometimes burns like a mother fucker when snorting and sometimes its completely smooth, regardless of the actual quality. I've had shit speed thats burned way too much and really good speed that hasn't at all, and the other way around. I assume it can be a lot of different things, anyone have any insight on cutting agents? Does pure, lets say 90%+ speed burn? For context im from Finland and buy my speed from the street mostly from random dealers since I don't use speed actively.

Caffeine, creatine, glucose

I know speed here and less so UK is very impure in general. I imagine speed in Finland and Norway is a lot better.

But it's really a guessing game.

Caffeine, creatine, glucose

I know speed here and less so UK is very impure in general. I imagine speed in Finland and Norway is a lot better.

But it's really a guessing game.
So pure amphetamine doesn't burn? I think a lot of people associate the burn with it being strong. And for the record I don't think the average speed here is any better than in the UK. A lot of the shit here is under 20% purity.

Yea, the best speed I've gotten my hands on was around 70% purity. Snow-white, no burn, absolutely rancid taste and 0,2 orally made me clean my house and write one of the best songs I've written in my life. It really is the working mans substance.

I guess it depends also is it salt or sulfate I don't really remember what kind of bonds amphetamine utilizes, maybe someone else knows.

I find it weird how amphetamine sulphate sometimes burns like a mother fucker when snorting and sometimes its completely smooth, regardless of the actual quality. I've had shit speed thats burned way too much and really good speed that hasn't at all, and the other way around. I assume it can be a lot of different things, anyone have any insight on cutting agents? Does pure, lets say 90%+ speed burn? For context im from Finland and buy my speed from the street mostly from random dealers since I don't use speed actively.
Many drugs burn when you snort them. And all amphetamine salts I tried do so, less or more.
If there's (significant amount of) unreacted oil (amph freebase), it'll burn even more. That's likely the case with the strong stuff that burned a lot.
Also amphetamine sulphate in pure form is fluffy white powder not "paste".

Been a time ago but afaik the speed over here was quite smooth to the nose.

And more important it never compared with what Cocaine did to the nose. That 'good Cocaine' this is pre Levimasole. Pretty pure stuff, but alway's nosebleed's after 1/2 or 1 gr. max. And my nose would feel terrible for day's (bugger's). Kept me from doing it to much which was a good thing.

Just chew some fresh Khat is my advise, if lookin' for a recreational stim.

Maybe unmelt the ice and join them the first time. Show interest in the drug and the people.

My experience was the opposit of yours. More like a Europian who desperately wants to try our drug. Lets take him along. (just don't look like a NARC). But casual.

I second the comments on purity,
I used to do speed of very uncertain quality at festivals and parties and i always found it silky smooth, like sometimes barely feeling you snorted it, if not for that acrid plasticky taste...
Night and day, compared to very high purity legal-ish stuff like 2-FMA, i do them often and literally always feel like snorting a drill, I never got used to it,
even that time i was dumb enough to snort molly i don't remember it hurting like most of these RCs do

I actually have a Somali friend who promised to arrange for some khat, but he is yet to deliver. The guy likes to drink and doesn't want to be drunk in the presence of his kinfolk due to wanting to appear like a good Muslim, so he can't just take me to the khat guy when we're hanging out.

I've used drugs for 20+ years, so i know how to deal. I've also had enough of doing deals with random people off the street (tbh i don't get out much now that i'm sober), but i'll ask about khat the next time i share a joint with a Somali. Not even a big fan of stims really, just curious to try it since i generally prefer natural products over synthetics.
From the moment our gouvernement decided to irritate those lazy brench chewer's and made it illegal. Some went to UK, those who stayed according to research. Lost a important social gathering. Stayed more at home, unemployment, causing more divorce's and/ or trouble at home. And Alcoholism among that community raised immediately.

Harm reduction at its worst!

I second the comments on purity,
I used to do speed of very uncertain quality at festivals and parties and i always found it silky smooth, like sometimes barely feeling you snorted it, if not for that acrid plasticky taste...
Night and day, compared to very high purity legal-ish stuff like 2-FMA, i do them often and literally always feel like snorting a drill, I never got used to it,
even that time i was dumb enough to snort molly i don't remember it hurting like most of these RCs do
I’m not sure if you mean crystal when you say speed, but in my experience it’s the exact opposite. Crystal fuckin burns sometimes others it’s just gaggy, Molly I got once from the dark web and it’s was smooth as fuck as far as I remember.

Last edited: