• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What is your daily practise?

Why so aggressive against participants in your thread about spiritual practice

Silly
Spirituality can be a sensitive topic for some people and my initial comments didn't really say much, so his response was understandable to a degree. All is good.

I am aware of how I avoid myself, constant music, stoned before the real world comes into focus. I don't have the will to change that, but I can integrate meditative moments. A hug recipricated, a bird feeding while I watch, both of us unafraid, a cloud passing that I watch until it has merged or dissipated.
The stillness makes me want to cry from all I'm running from. It reminds me I am not whole.
Last night the moon was huge and bright again, I used to pray to her, last night her colours were rainbows emerging from behind, she looked unreal and I felt ashamed I couldn't see straight to pray to her.
Things are going wrong here on the ground, today, now, that is real and I want to run.
Times like this I wish I had a more useful set of beliefs.
Any suggestions?

but I can integrate meditative moments. A hug recipricated, a bird feeding while I watch, both of us unafraid, a cloud passing that I watch until it has merged or dissipated.
The stillness makes me want to cry from all I'm running from. It reminds me I am not whole.
Last night the moon was huge and bright again, I used to pray to her, last night her colours were rainbows emerging from behind, she looked unreal and I felt ashamed I couldn't see straight to pray to her.
<3 <3 <3

I was once taught by a Tao Master to give a simple salute to the universe every morning when you get out of bed and your feet touch the floor. A simple "thank you" for another day. Basic gratitude.

I have recently started doing this again. I have 12 days sober now and feel so much healthier and happier.

This practice is ancient and transcends time and culture all around the world. Whether it's saluting the sun, your God(s), your breath, or nature, people have been doing this for time immemorial. It's so simple, yet so meaningful.

As if!!!!
303250603.0.m.jpg

Read this book 3 times in 35 years. The second time I was in prison. When I was done with it a few other interesting characters like the book so it circulated through the area.

I remember the leader of the 5 % ers seeking me out in my cell to have long discussions. He actually was too nice of a guy to be in a group that was sort of racist. Interesting times though.

I was once taught by a Tao Master to give a simple salute to the universe every morning when you get out of bed and your feet touch the floor. A simple "thank you" for another day. Basic gratitude.

I have recently started doing this again. I have 12 days sober now and feel so much healthier and happier.

This practice is ancient and transcends time and culture all around the world. Whether it's saluting the sun, your God(s), your breath, or nature, people have been doing this for time immemorial. It's so simple, yet so meaningful.
This <3 <3 <3

Read this book 3 times in 35 years. The second time I was in prison. When I was done with it a few other interesting characters like the book so it circulated through the area.

I remember the leader of the 5 % ers seeking me out in my cell to have long discussions. He actually was too nice of a guy to be in a group that was sort of racist. Interesting times though.
Read The Avadhuta Gita?
Same question to you also @Snafu in the Void

I usually set a timer for 15 minutes on my phone and meditate in the morning if I'm not too rushed off my feet and if I am I do it at night. And once a week go to Buddhist centre where the meditations are longer. I like Metta Bhavana style.

I like Metta Bhavana style.
I can fully Respect & understand that myself I Promise you.
The only thing I find that comes up short with that system is it's a bit of a "hard path" to follow unless you have looked into Vajrayana (Tantra Buddhism)

To have TOTAL LOVE for yourself & everybody else you have to accept things aren't always nice in life & are at total Peace with that fact.
My point is IF someone came along & kicked your new Puppy dog to death could you look them in the eye with Pure Love for them? If not your path in the Buddhist practise you are doing will not work (imho)

My point is IF someone came along & kicked your new Puppy dog to death could you look them in the eye with Pure Love for them? If not your path in the Buddhist practise you are doing will not work (imho)
Of course not but maybe it could save me from murdering them in retaliation 🤔 It's a good point think I'll ask one of the Buddhist monks next time. I have asked a similar question regarding a person/situation but the said something along the lines of that it isn't about being a doormat but I can't remember fully what they said