• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What is the T1/2 of THC and CBD?

Renald

Bluelighter
Wikipedia gives 1.6-59 h for THC and 9 h for CBD. I dont remember where, but I saw T1/2 for CBD to be more than a day. Also, 1.6-59 h is extremely wide margin for a substance to evaluate it. I am very inexperienced with cannabis, so I have no subjective data. More experienced users tell be smoked cannabis (THC high feeling) is felt for a hour for them and CBD is felt for about 3 hours after oral consumption of high CBD containing product.
Why so large margin in THC T1/2 and what about CBD T1/2, several to 10 hours or several days?

...uhhh......

...uhhh.....

hmm... hey guys?

55544721.jpg

I think he is talking about half-life of cannabis lol.

The pharmacokinetics of THC & CBD is dependant on route of administration, but im going to assume you smoke it like a proper G.
Pulmonary assimilation of inhaled THC causes a maximum plasma concentration within minutes, psychotropic effects start within seconds to a few minutes, reach a maximum after 15-30 minutes, and taper off within 2-3 hours. Following oral ingestion, psychotropic effects set in with a delay of 30-90 minutes, reach their maximum after 2-3 hours and last for about 4-12 hours, depending on dose and specific effect.

CBD is probably longer.

Also probably depends on stuff like a persons weight, blood pressure, vital capacity...too many factors

why would you even care lol xD

Ok so kinda off topic but closest thread i could find. Talking about half lives, i smoked Mon and Tuesday this week and only about 4 small hits a day. When will the thc be gone. Not saying for drug test cause thats not allowed. Im just curious to hear other users opinion. Some sites i was on said 7-13 days for moderate use which mine def was. Any help?

Ok so kinda off topic but closest thread i could find. Talking about half lives, i smoked Mon and Tuesday this week and only about 4 small hits a day. When will the thc be gone. Not saying for drug test cause thats not allowed. Im just curious to hear other users opinion. Some sites i was on said 7-13 days for moderate use which mine def was. Any help?

You've got 1-60 days, considering all the variables involved. Good luck.

My guess is that the variables have to do with all the variables of the body. I've heard that the same body will remove thc faster from the body with a tolerance.

How true this is... no clue. Certainly wouldn't base any data or potential job.

cleverly worded question but I really doubt that you will find any real answers here, other than something like "1-60 days" and have it be applicable to you.

"half-life" in this context is a measure of the blood plasma concentration of a substance, which makes it useless as a measure of how long it takes for all subsequent metabolites of the substance to be gone from the body, but accurate as a measure of whether a person has been toking recently enough for them to still be feeling the effects (if blood is drawn and tested). but let us not flirt excessively with the drug testing topic ;)

"half-life" in this context is a measure of the blood plasma concentration of a substance, which makes it useless as a measure of how long it takes for all subsequent metabolites of the substance to be gone from the body, but accurate as a measure of whether a person has been toking recently enough for them to still be feeling the effects (if blood is drawn and tested). but let us not flirt excessively with the drug testing topic ;)
interesting...