• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

What is the risk of dying when passing out on ghb and choking on vomit?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
This is very hard to get real data on.

People say ghb is 'incredibly safe' when that is the only thing being used and yet I read countless reports of people puking when they haven't even passed out.

There is so much conflicting data because the old scientific studies where Henri Laborit and Claude Rifat etc used to dose super high doses and they could say nothing bad about it. They even dosed into the 10s of grams at a time and never discuss the puking risk there yet the contemporary user reports of this are all over the place.

Laborit also used it throughout his life 3x a week or so till he died so it wasn't like some honeymoon period and then realized some latent dangers and stopped using it.

Also Xyrem is prescribed up to 4.5grams per night x 2 to a total of 9g max recommended dose per night. So surely it would be taken off market if there were any serious effects like users dying from choking on their vomit and it must be used by thousands if not tens+ of thousands of narcolepsy sufferers every night.

So what is the deal? I would say that from reports I read online just as many users say they took GHB and passed out without incidence as did the ones who said they took x amount and puked for hours without passing out.

Last edited:
@Tieeurrrop
Be careful man loads have died from it.
I think it's down to multiple factors.
How strong your stomach is
Tolerance
Stomach content
If you've drank alcohol, or milk,
Etc

I did gbl loads of times and sometimes ya puke - sometimes ya don't 🤷‍♂️ be really careful with these 'knock out' or 'sleep' doses. If you really want to try one try lie on your side with your back against a wall in the recovery position so if you DO puke, you don't choke - but that isn't always a guarantee, unless you strap yourself into the wall somehow lol. Or lie on your front in a massage table with your head in the hole and a bucket underneath 😂

With G there's a very fine line between having fun and falling the fuck over, and an even finer line between falling the fuck over and straight up dying.
It's one of the easier drugs to OD and die on. Easier than heroin. If what I've read is true...

Playing with high dose G is playing with fire

I don't think the medical data supports what you say and I have researched it quite a lot. There have only been a few deaths where ghb/gbl has been the only substance and you can find a handful of reported deaths for any drug.

You are counting poly drug use in with all the deaths which goes without saying is many times more dangerous and that would apply to mixing any downers not just with G.

I am just saying decisions should be informed by scientific data not propaganda.

Last edited:
Still playing with fire in the doses you talk about in my opinion. I can only say 'be careful' so many times.

GHB can make you fall asleep uncontrollably at doses much less than what is enough to block the reflexes that prevent you from choking on your own vomit. In combination with alcohol or something else, it can be a different situation. With opioids, the situation is that if you shoot an OD of heroin, your breathing stops even before you lose consciousness.

Ye I have read that too,

As I mentioned though, there do seem to be a lot of reports of puking even with G as the only substance involved. The tough thing to gather in most reports online is the sloppy dosing reporting 'x mls caused me to puke my guts out' or even worse 'caps' which gives next to no clue of the actual dose ingested in grams when most times they don't bother to tell the concentration.

I am trying to get an idea of what the numbers are (grams wise). I know 'it depends' on the person but there are certainly general figures, like 2-3 grams seems the average rec. dose for most, I am wondering what the safe sleep inducing dose ranges would be.

And of course with G as the only substance ingested, any other talk is nothing to do with the OP.

Last edited:
from the XYREM monograph:
The recommended starting dosage is 4.5 grams (g) per night administered orally, divided into two doses: 2.25 g at bedtime and 2.25 g taken 2.5 to 4 hours later. Increase the dosage by 1.5 g per night at weekly intervals (additional 0.75 g at bedtime and 0.75 g taken 2.5 to 4 hours later) to the effective dosage range of 6 g to 9 g per night orally. Doses higher than 9 g per night have not been studied and should not ordinarily be administered.

I would expect that GHB alone is not as likely to cause nausea and vomiting as opposed to GHB plus other sedatives, especially alcohol.

The danger are interactions and overdose. Impurities too, once I had some white, hygroscopic flakes cooked in a kitchen out of a precursor - it made a dirty, nauseous high (but might be that I was the only one noticing that). Also maybe some say GHB and mean GBL, which attacks the digestive tract.

Just because something melts something, it doesn't have to be overly toxic. Coca cola dissolves meat. Alcohol is a widely used solvent, as is H2O.

I've personally never had problems on.GHB, don't think.I've even felt sick.and.I've.gone under.a lot. However I don't drink, I think the biggest problem is mixing with alcohol. Just my experiences though.

Okay, i'll tell my story.
I went to this house, meeting a friend.
I had never done GHB.
He said - take some. I took 3ml straight, because i had never done before. I put it in my mouth with syringe.
My entire mouth burned.
Then he gave me 40mg oxy.
I went to bathroom and started puking. These black shits came out of my stomach, the GHB caused that.
10-20 mins later my friend found me there laying on my back puke in my mouth he slapped me and told me i was gonna die.
I hate GHB it's cancer drug makes people act like excorsist. Demon possessed.
I had also done the Oxy IV but still, buulllshhiiit drug.
One friend was addicted to it.
He had to be tied up in hospital, because of he was having these huge strokes and they could have caused damage to his spine.
DON'T DO GHB/GHL itäs BULLLLSSHIIT!

Why are there so many of these 'bro science' comments like the one above in NPD now days? This sub used to be very scientifically rigorous. Things have gone down hill a great deal vs some years ago when I used to browse here.

Then again bluelight is a shadow of its former self vs 10 years ago. It used the be so busy and active and now seems like almost a ghost town.

I've personally never had problems on.GHB, don't think.I've even felt sick.and.I've.gone under.a lot. However I don't drink, I think the biggest problem is mixing with alcohol. Just my experiences though.

What doses are you talkin'?

100g in 100ml, poss 5 to 10ml a dose I think, repeated? That's off the top of my head though it's something I don't do often but it's nice after amphetamines, MDMA type drugs.

Most GHB deaths occur due to (a) combining it with alcohol or (b) drowning, particularly in bathtubs.

@DeadManWalkin' sounds more like GBL of it burned your mouth.
Pretty sure liquid GHB doesn't burn - it just tastes vile like seawater lol
If your 'mate' gave you 3ml of pure GBL when you had never done it before they are a cunt you could have easily died especially mixed with oxy. Also a cunt for letting you squirt it in your mouth neat - I burned my mouth and throat quite a few drinking it neat even with a chaser. Don't know why I was drinking it like that, fucking stupid idea. Normally only when already under the influence of it..should always be diluted with something, I used to use fruit juice alot, still tastes like shit though lol.
I'm no Saint - I used to mix it with all sorts, hand fulls of multiple benzos, opiates, copious amounts of ketamine(amazing combo if you're sensible), mxe, alcohol, trips, nitrous, etc.

Had 1 bad seizure which was actually one of the scariest drug experiences I've ever been through, walking home by myself after a silly dose after drinking and doing it all night, didn't wait for my dose to kick in then it did when I was walking through a park alone, felt like I got hit on the head then BAM all of a sudden I was on my knees head shaking dangerously near the concrete, managed to roll onto the grass, nearly called the ambulance on myself, tried actually, my hands were spazzing so hard I kept throwing the phone out of my hand unintentionally - I would stop, then it would happen again, it came in waves, after 3 or 4 times I managed to get up and carry on walking, puked, few mins later BAM another whack on the top of the head threw me to my knees again, was horrible, lasted about half an hour, I just sat down on the grass grabbing my knees as hard as I could thinking 'it'll wear off soon it'll wear off soon' would feel ok try get up and then fall over again spazzing out, fully out of control. I love my 'out of control' drugs, but that was too scary.

Didnt learn my lesson and came reallllly close to 2 more other times, both times being drunk and not measuring doses, full on out of control twitching all over, not a nice feeling. Had numerous occasions when I violently puked from mixing it with booze. Nodded out on it loads came round with my head in my lap etc. Fuck me I had some amazing sex on it with my ex though...passed out mid-fuck a few times lol
Lost my trail of thought now 😂🤷‍♂️

BTW I thought you were stopping posting under that name? Maybe you have. I can't stop thinking about that seizure and sex with my ex on G now so I'm less than bothered 😂😂 no offense

Soz for the long post peeps, it's quite a good story if you read it lol

@DeadManWalkin' sounds more like GBL of it burned your mouth.
Pretty sure liquid GHB doesn't burn - it just tastes vile like seawater lol
If your 'mate' gave you 3ml of pure GBL when you had never done it before they are a cunt you could have easily died especially mixed with oxy. Also a cunt for letting you squirt it in your mouth neat - I burned my mouth and throat quite a few drinking it neat even with a chaser. Don't know why I was drinking it like that, fucking stupid idea. Normally only when already under the influence of it..should always be diluted with something, I used to use fruit juice alot, still tastes like shit though lol.
I'm no Saint - I used to mix it with all sorts, hand fulls of multiple benzos, opiates, copious amounts of ketamine(amazing combo if you're sensible), mxe, alcohol, trips, nitrous, etc.

Had 1 bad seizure which was actually one of the scariest drug experiences I've ever been through, walking home by myself after a silly dose after drinking and doing it all night, didn't wait for my dose to kick in then it did when I was walking through a park alone, felt like I got hit on the head then BAM all of a sudden I was on my knees head shaking dangerously near the concrete, managed to roll onto the grass, nearly called the ambulance on myself, tried actually, my hands were spazzing so hard I kept throwing the phone out of my hand unintentionally - I would stop, then it would happen again, it came in waves, after 3 or 4 times I managed to get up and carry on walking, puked, few mins later BAM another whack on the top of the head threw me to my knees again, was horrible, lasted about half an hour, I just sat down on the grass grabbing my knees as hard as I could thinking 'it'll wear off soon it'll wear off soon' would feel ok try get up and then fall over again spazzing out, fully out of control. I love my 'out of control' drugs, but that was too scary.

Didnt learn my lesson and came reallllly close to 2 more other times, both times being drunk and not measuring doses, full on out of control twitching all over, not a nice feeling. Had numerous occasions when I violently puked from mixing it with booze. Nodded out on it loads came round with my head in my lap etc. Fuck me I had some amazing sex on it with my ex though...passed out mid-fuck a few times lol
Lost my trail of thought now 😂🤷‍♂️

BTW I thought you were stopping posting under that name? Maybe you have. I can't stop thinking about that seizure and sex with my ex on G now so I'm less than bothered 😂😂 no offense

Soz for the long post peeps, it's quite a good story if you read it lol
I am sorry, i don't know if it was GHB or GBL but i'm 100% sure you're right!
Also, he didn't give it to me. I asked just what's that and he said take it and i had syringe and i took full one from 1.5L bottle of the GHL.