• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the reason that drugs reach a point where there's no high or crash?

champagnencocaine

Greenlighter
Ok so it's reached a point where most drugs for me just don't get me as high and low as they used to.

It's reached a point where MDMA has become even worse than speed when I first started using.

And speed has reached a point where I don't really get high at all, nor do I feel much of a crash, it used to be the case that I would crash the next day but now often I go without crashing at all and i'm in the 3rd day of a binge feeling emotionless - no high or low.

But people say that all you have to do is sniff more if you want to get higher - this is true tolerance right? Well for me the peak of the high has really decreased regardless of dosage.

It could be many things...

-Neurotransmitter Depletion
-Tolerance to amphetamines in general
-Neurotoxicity

I feel a bit of energy from speed but the high is basically gone - it used to make me high and then low but now it does neither except make me a zombie the longer I binge.

Tolerance. You have just spent like four paragraphs defining and describing tolerance .... and yes tolerance means not only needing more to reach the desired effects; it also means a ceiling effect, to where no amount used provides the desired effects yet your body will feel the Need for the substance just to feel 'normal' or avoid sickness. This is tolerance , becoming physical addiction.

^^^ yup. the last two months of using meth i was never high. i just used to function i used upwards of 2 grams a day and never felt any sort of buzz. it was just to bring me to a point where i had a will to live and keep going

Take a long break dude.
Smashing stimulants far ages results in simply boredom, it becomes ineffective other than keeping one awake....