• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the most dangerous CNS depressant?

Dare7

Greenlighter
I have prescriptions for both benzo and opoid and at times will make adjustments to the dosing because I missed or am not getting the results. I'm pretty cautious and don't do crazy stuff when making my own adjustments but just wondering what people consider the most dangerous to tamper with and why?

I'd say fentanyl for opiates. And flunitrazepam for benzos.

Yikes. I am more of a newbie than I realized in knowledge of these drugs. I've heard of fentanyl but never even heard of flunitrazepam. But is the benzo more dangerous or the opoid to up your dosage?

You mentioned benzos and opiates but I'd argue most dangerous are the Barbiturates. Make a mistake dosing those and you're not gonna wake back up the next day.

Yeah, id say barbituates as well just because they can be fatal pretty easily. But the mix of opiates and benzos (as most people on this website understand) is a pretty strong CNS depressant. Id say the opiates depress your breathing a little more than benzos but thats a pure guess based on my experiences. Morphine in particular really depresses my breathing, but none of the benzos ive tried have done too much to my breathing (although i did always take them in the range of .5 - 2mg dosages if we're talking about xanax or etizolam)

Yeah, id say barbituates as well just because they can be fatal pretty easily. But the mix of opiates and benzos (as most people on this website understand) is a pretty strong CNS depressant. Id say the opiates depress your breathing a little more than benzos but thats a pure guess based on my experiences. Morphine in particular really depresses my breathing, but none of the benzos ive tried have done too much to my breathing (although i did always take them in the range of .5 - 2mg dosages if we're talking about xanax or etizolam)

This is true as well. I'd say a pretty high majority of the famous rapper deaths have been from a benzo/opiate combo. Alone it isn't too common but together they're pretty deadly.

I agree with ovo1024. Fentanyl is the most dangerous because of its potency. The usual therapeutic dose is in micrograms where as morphine, oxy and hydro are usually 10 mg or greater. Usually with those you can take a little (please note I said "little" not "lots") more than the prescribed dose and just end up with some unpleasant side effects without OD'ing. If you screw up a fentanyl dose you're dead.

Gana have to lean towards aprozalam or any drug that's euphoric properties are used to treat the problem, not only will you seize up due to rebound CMS stimulation but you'll start to forget how to live life without always being relaxed. So even after the neurological danger, you could get stuck in what I called benzo psychosis. Which my friend makes u nuts.

It's not the drug that causes the problems, it's the dosage of said drugs. I think trying to say one is inherently more dangerous than another is kind of dubious.

I can't believe we all forgot Methadone. According to the government it accounts for 2% of painkiller prescriptions but 33% opioid related deaths. Who knows if their numbers are correct but even if they aren't true they can't possibly be far enough off to make it a safe option.

And working at a pharmacy I've seen people who were prescribed absolutely INSAAAANE doses of the stuff too. I'm talking multiple hundreds of pills a month. These people walk in looking like they already died years ago. I'm talking straight zombies.

^Methadone is a it of a conundrum though. It's a powerful MOR agonist, like all of our other favorites, Heroin, Morphine and so on. It's been noted to cause an ever so slightly higher rate of respiratory depression compared to other drugs in the class, but not enough to actually call the drug more dangerous than other Opioids. I really think that this is conjecture at this point though.

The conundrum of Methadone is such that I feel it kills in a different way than a lot of other Opioids. As almost all drugs are digested and metabolized instantly (30-45 minutes), a novice has every reason to suspect that Methadone will come on just like an Oxycodone or an Adderall. You can imagine that a lot of folks are going to think they underdosed when they're not high at all an hour and a half later. Then, they consume more Methadone and slowly stop breathing.

The fact that Methadone comes on so slowly makes it quite difficult to actually detect that you're going under. You'll just slowly reduce your respiratory rate over the course of several hours until death. This, is in my opinion, the most dangerous characteristic of Methadone. The fact that maintenance dosages in the USA routinely reach 150mg per day doesn't help the situation either. There's enough drug in one of those bottles to kill the right person three times over and it's less liquid than a shot at the bar.

As far as Methadone being inherently more dangerous than other Opioids, I don't see it. I think it's more of a circumstantial issue. If you're well informed, it shouldn't be a problem.