• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the maximum daily dosage of Olanzapine?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hi.

Just a quick question... How much is the maximum daily dosage of Olanzapine? I currently take 5mg x2 a day (10mg) for Borderline Personality Disorder with psychotic features. Plus...The reason why I'm asking is because some of my symptoms are starting to come back :(.

Help much appreciated, thanks.

20mg is considered near the ceiling of therapeutic doses, I would be careful of taking more than that especially if you take other meds, it can have some serious side effects

I'm sure there are people prescribed more than 20mg, but this needs to be done with supervision

are you feeling a psychosis manifesting?

20mg is considered near the ceiling of therapeutic doses, I would be careful of taking more than that especially if you take other meds, it can have some serious side effects

I'm sure there are people prescribed more than 20mg, but this needs to be done with supervision

are you feeling a psychosis manifesting?
What kind of side-effects? and yeah im feeling mildy psychotic which I haven't felt since before I started taking it.

What kind of side-effects?
All sorts of things, akathisia, serotonin syndrome... but the risk of these is a lot lower if you don't take any other medications such as SSRI

You could consider doubling your dose and still be in the realm of safety.

You really need to contact your doctor, though.

All sorts of things, akathisia, serotonin syndrome... but the risk of these is a lot lower if you don't take any other medications such as SSRI

You could consider doubling your dose and still be in the realm of safety.

You really need to contact your doctor, though.

I took 35mg about an hour ago and alls I feel is mild sedation and it feels like I've got sand in my eyes. Yeah I'll call him tomorrow.