• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids what is the dosage threshold before OD

Need4speed

Bluelighter
hey guys im just curious what is the OVERDOSE dosage range when it comes to percacet or oxycontin in adult males ?

lets say average wieght and height for men and women

years ago ive seen my ex girlfriend go through a whole script of 90 10mg vicoden over a course of a weekend or snort up a whole script of ocycontin over the course of a weekend

100mg? 200mg ?

im just curious is all and i figured this place will have the answers

avg height and weight means a lot different depending on where in the world you live. With percoset, the limiting factor may well be the apap (tylenol, acetominophen), tho I know of one individual who consumed 45g (90 7.5/500mg Vicodin) of Tylenol over 2 days w/o major incident.

Tolerance plays a huge part in figuring OD range. The LD50 of oxycodone in, say, rats, should be available by a quick Google search. It doesnt translate to humans exactly, nor do scientists go around collecting groups of people and feeding them oxy until half of them die.

Since Oxycontin used to come in 160mg strengths in the early days, and still come in 80 (and roxicet come in 30s), Ive got to think that someone even moderately opiate tolerant could survive a 160+mg dose. I know Ive done 210mg (7 roxy 30s) and while I was fucked up, I was nowhere near dead. Ive heard and seen several stories of ppl taking 500-800mg/day just for pain (Im surethey were buzzed as well).

otoh, my mother pukes her guts up on a single perc 5. Ive heard of kids ODing by chewing spent fentanyl patches. Ive also heard of one case where a hospital ran out of sufentanyl trying to induce anaesthesia on a girl who was taking close to a gram a day of methadone.

It's all subjective. Whether a person is opiate naive or has a decent tolerance.

If they're a regular user who's taken a break of any length then returns to using at their previous doseage.

I'm in the group of Cpp's that have & do take amounts of oxy often such to the extent that Drs/pharmacists can't fathom how I'm standing there, let alone holding a conversation.

Why are you asking?

Rtp

Somewhere I read that for hydro it was 80 or 90 mg for an average Joe but in no way would I just dive into it and test it out. Id imagine That you would be puking and passing out standing up if not dying without tolerance. That # seemed a little steep to me. I took 85mg once of time released tussionex (10mg time released hydro per tablespooon i believe) i got for and the flu I had a feeling that if it wouldn't have been time released I wouldn't be here. I woke up the next day still buzzing hard. BTW Im 6' and around 185lbs and have noticed I have a naturally higher tolerance than most people.

hey guys im just curious what is the OVERDOSE dosage range when it comes to percacet or oxycontin in adult males ?

lets say average wieght and height for men and women

years ago ive seen my ex girlfriend go through a whole script of 90 10mg vicoden over a course of a weekend or snort up a whole script of ocycontin over the course of a weekend

100mg? 200mg ?

im just curious is all and i figured this place will have the answers

It depends on your weight, genetics, on how tired you are that day, what tolerance you have, also how much amphetamine you take with it, so there's no answer.

Depends on tolerance. A 'standard' dosage for a hardcore addict might be enough to kill a small group of opiate-naive individuals.

90x10mg hydrocodone in one weekend is a HELL of a lot. I'm a guy; 5'10" and 150lbs. I'm pretty sure I'd end up in a coma if I attempted that, unless I was also on a huge dose of meth.
I really hope she does cold-water extractions, otherwise that's a ridiculous amount of liver-wrecking APAP to be ingesting. 90x325mg=OVER 29 GRAMS. The recommended maximum daily intake is 4g, with single doses not exceeding 1g.

For starters, I met a doctor who doesn't believe in the philosophy that if you weigh more, you need more narcotics to manage pain relief. He said, the drug affects the brain and CNS and most folks have roughly the same size brain. I always thought he made sense but he's the only one I've ever run into that countered me when I said, I need more because I'm a big guy (6' 270lbs).

As for an OD dosage, you would probably be amazed at what some CPP's take daily. The biggest factor is definitely whether one is opioid tolerant or not. I have been on regular, relatively high doses of narcotics for the better part of 25 years, so obviously my body is pretty used to the stuff. I used to take upwards of 400+ mg of OxyContin daily and I was never close to OD'ing, in fact, I actually held down a management position with a Fortune 500 company. I assure you, no one even had a clue I was on the medicine I was on. With high tolerances, folks who take them don't really stand out. As far as OD'ing, I don't know if even 800 mg would do the trick for me. Not that I'm trying to do so. Basically what I'm saying is, tolerance is the key. I suspect an individual who rarely takes any narcotics, were to take my daily dosage of 400 mg of OxyContin, they may actually die. Whereas, when I took it, no one had a clue. Obviously, an incredible wide range of results. Bottom-line is that it's not that cut and dry. Be careful out there!

Fk knows. Why do you want to?

900 mgs of Vicodin?? Are you a img a laff the paracetamol will kill you before the opiate. That's 45000 mgs.. Not worth it man. Unless she is CWE'ing. And then she will lose some hydro anyway.