• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the correct way to store and cut LSD?

moroboro

Greenlighter
Hi, I've got half a strip of LSD or unknown potency. I plan to take a tab tomorrow to access the potency, then go from there. I've never cut my own, and was planning to use a scissors until I read that it's very easy to spoil your acid by handling it the wrong way. Any advice?

I just use scissors and a delicate touch (grab it by the corners, not the actual face of the strip), and I've never had any loss of potency that I could notice. As far as storage goes, I put it in a pill bottle, inside a baggie, wrapped in foil to keep light out, then just put it in a dark cool cabinet. But I usually take all my doses within a few weeks of getting them, so I can't comment on the long term efficacy of this method.

LSD isn't as unstable as people make it out to be. Just don't go keeping it in your hot, cramped wallet like so many people do.

Also, when I finish it off, I lick the foil it's wrapped in. Idk if anything is ever actually left on it, but it can't hurt.

Just use tweezers and scissors. Store it in the freezer for long periods of time. Storing it at room temp is OK for short periods of time. As the person above me posted it's not nearly as unstable as a lot of people assume it is. Keep it away from sunlight, heat, and it will be OK.

Tweezers and scissors.
You can touch it with your fingers with just a light touch and grab it only by the edges, also make sure your hands are dry and not sweaty.
It should stay good for months at least if kept dry and out of sunlight at room temperature, years under the same conditions in the freezer.

I've always just torn off the tabs as necessary. If you're breaking off multiple hits to give to a friend or something then you might want to use a pair of scissors, but if you're just going to trip yourself then breaking them off individually by hand is fine, since you're about to dose them anyway.

Touching them a little isn't going to drop the potency there and then, LSD is more stable than people often believe (though still requires at least average storage in the long run).

As for storage, check out our LSD Storage & Stability Thread :)

Does that answer all your questions?

What's with everybody and getting perforated tabs haha the only time I've gotten perforated tabs they have been SHIT

Clean your sizzors with iso alcohol pads to streralize them and let them dry before cutting your tabs. Any alcohol might affect it, but clean sizzors just help you handle it less.

Where does short term and long term get defined? I've had a hit and a half in foil in a nickel bag in a vial meant to contain alcohols for sci analysis, for about 2 mos. I've searched so long, I want to savor it, but also don't want it going bad. Sorry I'm lazy and don't want to search the aforementioned storage thread. Would it be OK through new years?

^I'm sure it will be fine. People have found decades old tabs pressed in between old book pages before and tripped off them. But if you're really paranoid, just eat it already. Or go the full 9 yards and give it super special air tight storage in your freezer. It's up to you.

Just hold the strip lightly on the sides and cut with scissors. I keep my LSD in tin foil inside a baggie with a desecant. This is all put in a container in my closet. I've never noticed a loss in potency in my tabs over the 5 months of having them.