• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is the closest thing to Vicodin in the UK?

Morphine is the closest thing you'll get. Maybe Oxy.
Odds are you will be given Tramadol. The UK is extremely stingy with opiates.

Morphine is the closest thing you'll get. Maybe Oxy.
Odds are you will be given Tramadol. The UK is extremely stingy with opiates.

I have been taking Tramadol at the max dose but don't find it effective. I am worried about taking Oxy

Morphine Sulphate would be the next step a doctor would take. They only gave me oxy because I kept asking for higher and higher doses of morphine. I had just gotten addicted but they thought it wasn't working so they switched me to oxy.

Im not saying don't take either. If you genuinely need it, then go for it. I personally became an opiate addict. But I was suddenly very ill and they had me on IV morphine for two months in hospital, that's what did it.

Morphine Sulphate would be the next step a doctor would take. They only gave me oxy because I kept asking for higher and higher doses of morphine. I had just gotten addicted but they thought it wasn't working so they switched me to oxy.

Im not saying don't take either. If you genuinely need it, then go for it. I personally became an opiate addict. But I was suddenly very ill and they had me on IV morphine for two months in hospital, that's what did it.

I have quite a bad back injury from falling down a flight of stairs. I take diazepam when needed for muscle spasms, Tramadol, Codeine and Naproxen to try and help with the pain but nothing seems to be shifting it.

Probably oxycodone. Oral morphine is next to useless, since at least here, Drs tend to assume oral dose=intravenous dose and don't take the bioavailability of maybe 20-25% or so, 30 if your real lucky with your liver enzymes. So that when dosing morphine to patients IMO they are often undermedicated. When I switched from oxycontin 80s to morphine/lower dose IR oxy for a backup for breakthrough for my joint issues I literally HAD to inject or use it rectally, or else make some alterations to the morphine itself on the chemical level in order to take it, and not withdraw, the drs were not interested, despite being informed of the VAST difference between oral and IV/IM/SC morphine didn't do a damn thing.
Even in hospitals, they are quite content to inform a KNOWN chronic pain patient taking several hundred mg morphine a day along with 80 or so of oxy,
And say 'sorry 10mg is the maximum (oramorph) we can give you (in spite of an immobilizing injury of a mature I literally could not help but scream in pain). Eventually they gave me another 10mg. This has happened every time I've been in hospital. They won't even often heed pleas to use if an oral opioid is the only option then to use oxycodone/morphone that have an oral bioavailability of scrap value. Most times I've been in hospital its been really, really fucking grim. Not even bothering to see to my regular prescription meds that have been stable at their values for a fair while including anticonvulsants. Every time, it means pulling whatever strings I can, even resorting to emergencies like stocking up on RCs, or DIYing an anticonvulsant agent. Because I've been left to go cold turkey for a week or more, before being thrown out of the door with a massive, and irresponsibly so quantity of morphine, oxy IR caps, liquid oxy, morphine XR 100s, 30s and 10s with a bunch of dispensary hospital stock bottles of chlormethiazole along with.