• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals What Is The Cheapest And Easiest Ayahuasca Analogue?

brokedownpalace10

Bluelighter
As the title says, and it's not MHRB.

MHRB is actually getting to be watched from what I understand. DMT is on the way to being a street drug and MHRB is basically a precursor.

So, what is a good Ayahuasca plant which maybe isn't as perfect for extraction. Something easy to get, under the radar, and low in 5-Meo-DMT and other nasties.

ngl, i don't think mimosa hostillis is being watched to level of precursers like ephedrine and lysergic acid. I extract dmt for personal use and haven't had any issues so far, even when buying pretty big quanitities. While I don't know of any cheaper alternatives, I wouldn't say mimosa hostillis is an unrealistic option. Should I be worried? I think DMT doesn't have a public image issue to a level where there is a coordinated effort by the DEA to crack down on it to the level of other schedule ones. (but idk what i'm talking about :) )

People been saying this for years, it’s still exactly how it’s always been every time I check..

That said, Acacia confusa and Diplopterys cabrerana are two good options. Phalaris brachystachys might be another but that’s still to be determined. If it’s as high yielding as some say it can make a great lawn grass ;)

Imagine mowing your lawn then taking the clippings, spray them down with distilled vinegar to make sure the alkaloids are well converted. Then soak in water for 24hr, pour off through a filter into a kiddie pool for evaporation. Once evaporated reconstitute in minimal amount of water, use this as one would in a normal A/B purification of DMT by then basifying and pulling with naphtha then toluene for the remains. Best to only do one pull of each, you’ve got more or less unlimited grass no need to waste solvents.

-GC

As G Chem said phalaris grass is by far the easiest and fastest plant to grow and has a good yield

Isn't Phalaris largely 5-Meo?
I grew Phalaris years ago and ran it through a wheat grass juicer as suggested in The Entheogen Review. It worked, but it was mostly 5-Meo DMT.
G_Chem, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll be looking into them.

Mimosa gives the purest DMT. Acacia second in line but with the chance for a highly variable NMT content. (Anywhere from 1-99% the overall product, so extremely variable.)

Diplopterys is extremely varied in many different alkaloids which vary in content based on numerous factors from region picked to time of year. NMT and beta-carbolines are common. It’s possible some may contain 5-MeO but I don’t think so based on my own experiences and analysis research.

Now notice guys I said Phalaris brachystachys, this is different from your common Phalaris grass. Much shorter growing and reported contains a very high yield, as much as 3% has been reported but this is disputed. If I remember correctly it also contains less 5-MeO if any.

-GC

Mimosa gives the purest DMT. Acacia second in line but with the chance for a highly variable NMT content. (Anywhere from 1-99% the overall product, so extremely variable.)

Diplopterys is extremely varied in many different alkaloids which vary in content based on numerous factors from region picked to time of year. NMT and beta-carbolines are common. It’s possible some may contain 5-MeO but I don’t think so based on my own experiences and analysis research.

Now notice guys I said Phalaris brachystachys, this is different from your common Phalaris grass. Much shorter growing and reported contains a very high yield, as much as 3% has been reported but this is disputed. If I remember correctly it also contains less 5-MeO if any.

-GC
Interesting.
When I had my foray into Phalaris, I bought a known "clone" and put it in my garden. I let it get about waist high and ran it through a wheat grass juicer. This gave me a product which could be barely distinguished from the pure 5-Meo which was becoming available at the time. Plenty strong as well. When I harvested again, hoping for more potency from the re-cut, it was a bit weaker.
From then on out, I got nothing from my grass.
I know that time of harvest, etc., are supposed to greatly influence alkaloid levels, however, my theory is that the Phalaris mixed in with regular lawn grass and lost it's magic that way. I figured that if I ever used Phalaris again that I would have to keep it separate in a pot of it's own and not put it out "in the wild".

I did always imagine gloating hippies with a bagging lawn mower, though.

Your answers are perfect, BTW.

I've had two Acacia Confusa trips lately, I think it has a nastier bodyload than MHRB and might be less visual but honestly I don't know. I never vomit though and my trips aren't very visual, maybe I haven't taken enough or maybe I'm just weird

Imagine mowing your lawn then taking the clippings, spray them down with distilled vinegar to make sure the alkaloids are well converted. Then soak in water for 24hr, pour off through a filter into a kiddie pool for evaporation. Once evaporated reconstitute in minimal amount of water, use this as one would in a normal A/B purification of DMT by then basifying and pulling with naphtha then toluene for the remains. Best to only do one pull of each, you’ve got more or less unlimited grass no need to waste solvents.
I had a book called Psychedelic Shamanism by Jim Dekorne, 1995. My cousin and I find phalaris all around, and work the recipe in that book but never were able to complete it. We got close. I think it was about 10 years later that a valid tek came out that worked. But I did imagine cutting my lawn of phalaris and have DMT everywhere.

I think the tides are turning. Mushrooms legal in places. Natural things should be left alone. I have not looked for bark for years but a quick glance shows a few vendors willing to ship within the states. The whole drug war is changing a bit.

^ Good point. I never fully understood if Phalaris is used because of gramine. Maybe there is a way to separate it out?

I remember putting some Phalaris Arundinacea through a wheat grass juicer and drying it. Not sure it did much smoking. Slightly. I was determined but there was no info at that time, just that book. Although Erowid was around in 1995 I believe and kick started the whole internet info on drugs. Lycaeum too?? Can't remember.

But I wonder where it was left off with gramine.

^ Good point. I never fully understood if Phalaris is used because of gramine. Maybe there is a way to separate it out?

I remember putting some Phalaris Arundinacea through a wheat grass juicer and drying it. Not sure it did much smoking. Slightly. I was determined but there was no info at that time, just that book. Although Erowid was around in 1995 I believe and kick started the whole internet info on drugs. Lycaeum too?? Can't remember.

But I wonder where it was left off with gramine.
I tried a wheatgrass juicer on a known Phalaris clone I purchased, as said previously.
It was a definite 5-Meo trip, no placebo involved.
However, I only got one more harvest out of it before it became only slightly active or inactive.
My theory, ya gotta have a known clone and you gotta keep it separate.
I've never had smoked DMT.
I've barely gotten a DMT buzz over the Harmala trying to make Ayahuasca a couple times.
All around 1995.
I've smoked enough 5-Meo in my life. I couldn't imagine having a lot of 5-Meo in in an Ayahuasca mixture. I imagine it might be dangerous.

Tried the wheatgrass juicer on some opium poppies as well. Much more of a failure. You'd smoke and smoke and get a buzz. I called it "grade D opium".
Now, when I tried eating a chunk, it was surprising when I woke up still high the next day.
Ah, the early stages of us figuring all this out.

Last I heard there was still no way to separate the gramine from canary grass.

So OP wants to consume whole plants, not extract/buy the DMT and make pharmahusaca?

None of the DMT containing plants have as good a safety profile as Aya. I saw a guy drinking a MHRB concoction on Youtube, If i was going that route i would do a ton of research 1st. Drinking ground up bark, i don't know about that

All around 1995.
What is is with that year? Glad I was not the only one that tried the wheat grass juicer on grass. Did not work as good although I did take the Phalaris Aquatica that I grew as well as the Phalaris Arundinacea I found, juiced it, dried it, concentrated it in a shot glass and tried to smoke. I did feel something like the end of a mushroom trip. Good to know that in 1995 you too were experimenting Brokedown. You must have known about the book Psychedelic Shamanism. The internet was just taking off too.

1995 also had 3 ounces of a strain of Amazonian Cubensis where 1 gram was just so potent. DMT experiments, trips to Tower Records were dwindling because of the info on the internet. And Jerry Garcia died, totally shifting my world. Can't believe we are 23 years out from that.

I often wonder where in my moves that my wheat grass juicer ended up. It is gone. Maybe when I moved to Canada in 2003 that I lost it. I remember having so many poppies in my closet at that time too. They were dirt cheap and potent so throwing them out was not big deal (talking cents for each large pod) . Then I get to Canada and some dude starts mailing me hundred of his little poppies he grew that were so friggen potent. 3 the size of a quarter would flatten you. Now it is a different story. Have not looked for them for years.

What is is with that year? Glad I was not the only one that tried the wheat grass juicer on grass. Did not work as good although I did take the Phalaris Aquatica that I grew as well as the Phalaris Arundinacea I found, juiced it, dried it, concentrated it in a shot glass and tried to smoke. I did feel something like the end of a mushroom trip. Good to know that in 1995 you too were experimenting Brokedown. You must have known about the book Psychedelic Shamanism. The internet was just taking off too.

1995 also had 3 ounces of a strain of Amazonian Cubensis where 1 gram was just so potent. DMT experiments, trips to Tower Records were dwindling because of the info on the internet. And Jerry Garcia died, totally shifting my world. Can't believe we are 23 years out from that.

I often wonder where in my moves that my wheat grass juicer ended up. It is gone. Maybe when I moved to Canada in 2003 that I lost it. I remember having so many poppies in my closet at that time too. They were dirt cheap and potent so throwing them out was not big deal (talking cents for each large pod) . Then I get to Canada and some dude starts mailing me hundred of his little poppies he grew that were so friggen potent. 3 the size of a quarter would flatten you. Now it is a different story. Have not looked for them for years.
:) I've been cleaning up my house slowly for 4-5 years preparing to completely move in with my lady friend and I saw my wheatgrass juicer just the other day.

Found this yesterday

My old Entheogen Review t-shirt.

Around '95 was a big year of transitions for me as well. Jerry died and that was huge, as you say.
In my case, my daughter was also becoming much more aware of things and her mom was a bad person.
I quit everything for around 20 years to raise my kid and try to counteract her mom's "stuff".

So, I was around for the beginning and had to drop out.
Tried 5-Meo-DMT and DPT (which I liked, but never did a large dose).
I had just gotten some 2-CT-7 but had to give that away to a friend along with everything else I had in the house which could have been a problem.
So, I missed the golden age of RC's.

Around '95 I also planted the other stuff DeKorne was exploring, Arundo donax and Desmanthus illinoensis. The Arundo was found to be a wash pretty quickly, only traces of tryptamines.
However, it was a great plant for pipe stems, tomato stakes, and other crafts. It's the reed used in Clarinet reeds.
My patch got pretty big and I just eliminated all of it a couple years back.

The Desmanthus was found to be unreliable as an admixture over the years. It varies quite a bit as to season apparently and most folks report failure.
My one plant slowly spread to a few other places in my yard through the magic of bird poop. I started mowing around every one I saw cause ya never know.
I'm preparing to move most of those to my lady's house this spring. (once they come up)
Maybe I'll be responsible for expanding it's range a bit. Beyond both my yards, hopefully.

Last edited:
Around '95 I also planted the other stuff DeKorne was exploring, Arundo donax and Desmanthus illinoensis. The Arundo was found to be a wash pretty quickly, only traces of tryptamines.
However, it was a great plant for pipe stems, tomato stakes, and other crafts. It's the reed used in Clarinet reeds.
I remember reading about DMT and 5-MEO in reed canary grass which is all over the place where I live. Some years later Dale Pendell confirmed that there is also a toxic cardiac tryptamine in Arundo Donax. So we have both Phalaris and Arundo Donax that still need more work on purifying. I mean if someone extracts a pure form from a batch of Phalaris grass then DMT will truly be everywhere. There are fields of this grass all over the place. But personally it took another 15 years to see success from things like MHRB or Acadia. The internet made info readily available. So really from the Dekorne book I only tried two things, finding or planting Phalaris as well as tried mixing harmala with mushrooms.

Very cool :cool:

Beware of buying acids/alkali's from chemical supply houses - they dox you to the police.

Arundo was found to be a wash pretty quickly, only traces of tryptamines.
My patch of A. donax from Sasha and Ann's garden is getting pretty big now. I have a little path I keep mown through the middle of it. It's a pretty plant and a sentimental treasure for me.

With the discovery of Acacia and Mimosa, I don't think most people would ever bother with anything else except as a lark.