• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe What is the ceiling effect dosage of bupe?

It all depends on your opiod use history, tolerance and how long you've been taking bupe. I've been on Suboxone close to 20 years now. At the beginning 2mg would give me a nice buzz. Anything higher was pretty much diminishing returns. I'm prescribed 4mg/day. What I do is take 2mg/day for about a week. Then I do a couple of days at 4mg/day. That 4mg gives me a slight buzz and mood lift. But after more than 2 days, I don't feel the 4mg at all. This is the way I have been taking it for a while now. If you can, tell your Dr. you need more than you actually take -- this way you can build up a stash in the event of a rainy day. I probably have like 15 boxes of 8mg/2mg tabs and strips plus a nearly full bottle of 2mg tabs. I'm my own Suboxone dispensary! :):)

Long story short, there's no real number anyone can give you for getting a euphoric effect. You'll have to trial and error what works for you. Probably, the majority of Suboxone users don't get any kind of euphoria at all no matter how much they take.

Bupes pharmacology is too complex to really answer questions like this.
Plus there are so many factors. Tolerance being a major one. Even then, bupe is so potent that half a milligram will have some one with no tolerance, nauseated and puking for 12hrs rather than feeling euphoric. But a lot of it subjective as well.

Once you're tolerant to bupe or a full agonist, it will never be euphoric, at any dose. Or if it is, it generally is mild and doesn't last long once taken every day for maintenance.

It all depends on your opiod use history, tolerance and how long you've been taking bupe. I've been on Suboxone close to 20 years now. At the beginning 2mg would give me a nice buzz. Anything higher was pretty much diminishing returns. I'm prescribed 4mg/day. What I do is take 2mg/day for about a week. Then I do a couple of days at 4mg/day. That 4mg gives me a slight buzz and mood lift. But after more than 2 days, I don't feel the 4mg at all. This is the way I have been taking it for a while now. If you can, tell your Dr. you need more than you actually take -- this way you can build up a stash in the event of a rainy day. I probably have like 15 boxes of 8mg/2mg tabs and strips plus a nearly full bottle of 2mg tabs. I'm my own Suboxone dispensary! :):)

Long story short, there's no real number anyone can give you for getting a euphoric effect. You'll have to trial and error what works for you. Probably, the majority of Suboxone users don't get any kind of euphoria at all no matter how much they take.
i did the same thing in the past, at one point i had dozens of bottles of assorted pharmaceuticals, valium, clonazepam, subutex, vicodin, t4's, gabapentin, lyrica, adderall, then when i wanted to get high, id just take a couple pills out of my safe, most days i would take half my scripts or less though

Bupes pharmacology is too complex to really answer questions like this.
Plus there are so many factors. Tolerance being a major one. Even then, bupe is so potent that half a milligram will have some one with no tolerance, nauseated and puking for 12hrs rather than feeling euphoric. But a lot of it subjective as well.

Once you're tolerant to bupe or a full agonist, it will never be euphoric, at any dose. Or if it is, it generally is mild and doesn't last long once taken every day for maintenance.
im about to take 0.2 mg to augment my kratom (running low on kratom, but i have a lot of subutex) 0.5 mg would get me high all day

According to the research, 2-4mg. My own experience correlated with this. I find 1-2mg range is the best.

-GC