• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What Is The Best Size/Type Of Needle For Shooting Up?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
*I know this is in the wrong category I apologize for that but BL won't let me post in any other type of thread for some reason? Feel more then free to move it! :)*

I need to know the best kind of gauge size and type of needle for shooting up. I would PREFER a smaller gauge needle because it's always been easier for me to hit with the smaller sizes. Thank you! :)

I use a 1/3ml volume, 30 gauge, 5/16" (8mm) point ones for shooting IV. I have accidently gotten the big 1ml ones before I wised up and started using my strategy (described later in the first edit lol), but I find that they draw too slow and cause me to miss as a result, so I have been using those for other purposes like volumetric dosing, which they are GREAT for.

The needle I described just now should be perfect for shooting anything like dope, etc. They always have 30 gauge for me in Chicago, although when I lived in NYC I have used 28 and 29 just fine. I think the needle I described is the one you are looking for. They are the real small ones so they are easy to maneuver.

Edit: junkie tip- save your old baggies that your syringes come in. I remember how nerve racking it was trying to tell them exactly what I needed while feeling like they know I am a junkie. Now I just say "I need a pack exactly like this" and they get it right for me, easy as pie.

I use a 1/3ml volume, 30 gauge, 5/16" (8mm) point ones for shooting IV. I have accidently gotten the big 1ml ones before I wised up and started using my strategy (described later in the first edit lol), but I find that they draw too slow and cause me to miss as a result, so I have been using those for other purposes like volumetric dosing, which they are GREAT for.

The needle I described just now should be perfect for shooting anything like dope, etc. They always have 30 gauge for me in Chicago, although when I lived in NYC I have used 28 and 29 just fine. I think the needle I described is the one you are looking for. They are the real small ones so they are easy to maneuver.

Edit: junkie tip- save your old baggies that your syringes come in. I remember how nerve racking it was trying to tell them exactly what I needed while feeling like they know I am a junkie. Now I just say "I need a pack exactly like this" and they get it right for me, easy as pie.

Over here in Australia the only needles you can get can get without a prescription is 1ml 29gauge , you just walk in and ask for a fit pack :)

Suitable I think for BDD, so moving there from PD..

I think there is an injection megathread around here somewhere if you use the search engine? Also pay attention with IM vs IV, for IM you need larger needles..

Prescription for certain types of needles? Yuck that sucks and doesn't seem like proper harm reduction strategy from whatever the institute in charge of health is in Australia.

My local pharmacy workers won't even ask what it is for if I ask for a specific needles and syringes as I have bought some odd gauges which have had to be even ordered from their central warehouse in some cases as I have always had some weird used for them such as taking the air out of a radiator of my PC's water cooling system, adding E-Juice easily to my vaporizer or mixing acrylic paints or making my own rocket fuel since I don't IV.

I guess they consider me as a some village idiot or mad scientist and use don't ask dont tell -strategy with me :)

Anyhow here in Finland there are no legal restrictions for buying needles or syringes and even not for crack pipes or similar drug paraphernalia and you can also have them with you in public if you wan't.

Of course carrying a huge water pipe with you will most likely result in search of your possessions if seen by law enforcement but still it is not a reason to get fined or to got some jail time as it is in some states of USA.

Prescription for certain types of needles? Yuck that sucks and doesn't seem like proper harm reduction strategy from whatever the institute in charge of health is in Australia.

My local pharmacy workers won't even ask what it is for if I ask for a specific needles and syringes as I have bought some odd gauges which have had to be even ordered from their central warehouse in some cases as I have always had some weird used for them such as taking the air out of a radiator of my PC's water cooling system, adding E-Juice easily to my vaporizer or mixing acrylic paints or making my own rocket fuel since I don't IV.

I guess they consider me as a some village idiot or mad scientist and use don't ask dont tell -strategy with me :)

Anyhow here in Finland there are no legal restrictions for buying needles or syringes and even not for crack pipes or similar drug paraphernalia and you can also have them with you in public if you wan't.

Of course carrying a huge water pipe with you will most likely result in search of your possessions if seen by law enforcement but still it is not a reason to get fined or to got some jail time as it is in some states of USA.

Yeah a hit does suck , they only sell one type of syringe 1ml 29gauge , I needed a bigger needle like a 3 ml to mix up oxynorm capsules because they come with a lot of powder , anyways I asked for it and they said I needed a prescription , even for 2 ml ones , I agree very bad for harm reduction . When I was in Turkey you could get any type of syringe you wanted , they sell crack pipes and bongs here in local headshops . With this fake weed (spice) or whatever you wanna call it one of my mates died on that shit , the government won't allow cannabis to be legal , but all these chemicals drugs that's arent for human consumption are its ridicilous .

I really do hope that many governments will realize the fact that these designer drugs have killed and are going to kill a lot more people than the original drug if we compare it to the amount of people using them. After they do the only thing that can prevent those deaths is the legalization or removing any forms of punishment due possession for personal use of the original drugs as that would remove the need to buy legal research chemicals that mimic older drugs.

And I am quite sure that you can't have deadly OD from cannabis but there have been many reported cases of people dying after using legal cannabis like RCs and as you said it is ridiculous that the deadly drug is legal.