• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals What is the Best Natural Sleep Aid?

What is the Best Natural Sleep Aid? [Poll]

• Total voters

Branggen

Bluelighter
Personally for me I find Skullcap, Valerian and Kava Kava to be quite good. I believe they all hit the Gaba receptors in some way

I think cannabis (indicas specifically) basically trumps everything else, but it's cheating. This new kava extract I have is quite good I'd put that at #2. Valerian is decent as well.

The others don't help me so much, or at least it isn't obvious. I've never tried skullcap, though.

Mulungu also known as Erythrina Mulungu. It gave such a clean natural sleep while displaying no side effect's like sedation, amnesia or hangover's. Or one hack of a placebo, but the extract worked just as good as the bark un-procecessed.

But I am also very curious about Magnolia bark. Pure and/ or extract as on paper it look's promising. No personal experience with the last one though. They grow all around but the info is scarce. The flowers are ea dibble so I assume its not terribly toxic

Last edited:
Morphine lol

Hey, it's technically natural.

And can give me energy if I'm in pain or depressed, followed by lulling me to a cozy nod.

exercise...

cdn and thc is probably the best cannabis has to offer

I think cannabis (indicas specifically) basically trumps everything else, but it's cheating. This new kava extract I have is quite good I'd put that at #2. Valerian is decent as well.

The others don't help me so much, or at least it isn't obvious. I've never tried skullcap, though.
just learned that there are three, actually four strains.

Hemp, CBD, is Cannabis Sativa and you have the auto flowering Ruderalis.

The Weed we smoke are or Afganica, high small plants skinny leaves or Indica the more compact one with the bigger leaves. Most Weed sold is an hybrid of the last two or three.

They can aid in sleep but will not cause it by definition personally.

They can aid in sleep but will not cause it by definition personally.
yeah, should have clarified it requires a certain mid/high level tolerance as well as being full or at least part indica, but for my whole life if I take a hit of weed then go lay down for bed I am out light a light within 10 minutes every time

exercise...
yeah, I think overall, out of everything in life, this is the best answer

Personally for me I find Skullcap, Valerian and Kava Kava to be quite good. I believe they all hit the Gaba receptors in some way
For me it's weed but I like too not be dependant on something and also you don't get proper REM sleep if your stoned I find if I'm working a physically exhausting job then I sleep every night no problem and I also find if I exercise to vigorously like cardio then I can find it hard to sleep I suffer from severe insomnia not just takes hours to fall asleep but I also wake up frequently as well and find it hard to fall back to sleep when i am clearly tired

Weed for me too. A hard hitting indica or hybrid more indica % though
If you was smoking a pure sativa like original haze and tried sleeping you'd probably find it very hard as sativas are a more up high . Heady high creative an awake where as an indica leaning strain will chill out out an put you into a deep sleep .

Melatonin is good also. When I use to use the tan jabs mt2 . I'd take it 15 mind before bed and wow it knocks u out like a light.

if I take a hit of weed then go lay down for bed I am out light a light within 10 minutes every time
Yeah. And for me that'd be AFTER clearing out the refrigerator and grocery cupboards. Used to be called "the munchies" but there's probably some new fancy medical or psychiatric term for it nowadays! :ROFLMAO:

For me it's weed but I like too not be dependant on something and also you don't get proper REM sleep if your stoned I find if I'm working a physically exhausting job then I sleep every night no problem and I also find if I exercise to vigorously like cardio then I can find it hard to sleep I suffer from severe insomnia not just takes hours to fall asleep but I also wake up frequently as well and find it hard to fall back to sleep when i am clearly tired
My REM sleep is now unaffected by Cannabinoid's as well as Benzodiazepines. Well lets put it like this undisturbed.

Every night at least when i sleep i can remember my dreams, some times multiple vivid ones. But a few year's back i was just like you. Smoke some Weed, hit the pillow and out. Probably i did have dream's but no recollection of them.

Well cannabis is weird, in ways it helps me sleep but then I also don’t sleep as deeply sometimes requiring more than necessary.

Right now in my mind the best is Salvia sclarea oil, better if taken with Rosemary Honey. Hits very fast, deep sleep that lasts a perfect 7-8hrs with no residual crap. Also has a very nice next day afterglow that no other sleeping aid has done.

Just used a drop last night at midnight cuz I couldn’t sleep, yet I’m not groggy 7.5hrs later like many other drugs would make me.

-GC

Working hard physical work high above sea level(all day long)...in the mountain for example...after than even cup of camomille can prepare you quick for good and relaxing sleep

Go get tested for sleep apnea.

The best seems to be tetrahydropalmatine, thp for short.

Well cannabis is weird, in ways it helps me sleep but then I also don’t sleep as deeply sometimes requiring more than necessary.

Right now in my mind the best is Salvia sclarea oil, better if taken with Rosemary Honey. Hits very fast, deep sleep that lasts a perfect 7-8hrs with no residual crap. Also has a very nice next day afterglow that no other sleeping aid has done.

Just used a drop last night at midnight cuz I couldn’t sleep, yet I’m not groggy 7.5hrs later like many other drugs would make me.

-GC
Can you go into a deep dive on the rosemary honey? I read all your posts and comments about it and decided to give it a shot. your the only trace of it being psychoactive on the internet so im unsure how effective it is if its not already well known.

Thanks
~Borax