• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the best liquid to use for dissolving Fentanyl HCL for use in a nasal spray?

GUCP

Greenlighter
I have become a fan of the fentanyl analogues and am dependant at the moment, but am also treating pain and plan to kick the habit soon once I am better. The best one in my opinion (bar actual fentanyl) is butyrfentanyl, due to it being easier and safer to handle because of larger dose size (400-500ug for naive), longer duration (analgesia lasts about 3 hours I've found) and euphoria. As I've been using it for a fair amount of time now, my tolerance is quite high, and I don't want to go any higher than I am at now, and plan to be on it for another 2 months maximum, hopefully less, due to my illness but that's another story. I have been vaporising a Butyrfentanyl and mannitol mix, 5% butyrfent, so 1mg of product contains 50ug BF (8-10mg dose of mixture for naive = 400-500ug BF) and I go through about half a gram of mixture a day now, which is 25mg BF.

Anyway, because of my tolerance, the amount I'm going through has got too high cost-wise so I have acquired some proper fentanyl HCL instead (100ug common dose) and plan to measure it volumetrically for a nasal spray, as that seems to be the only real safe way to dose something so potent. I want to do this so I am not 1. consuming so much powder, 2. Give my lungs a break from vaporising, 3. So I still get analgesic effects but can calculate my dose and cut it down more easily, then jump off when I feel ready. I have ordered a pack of nasal spray bottles but I haven't recieved them yet so I'm not sure how much is dispensed per spray (I think the standard is 0.1ml), but I want to set it up at 50ug/spray, so that all I will have to do when tapering down off the stuff is count how many sprays I'm using through the day, and reduce by one or two sprays a day until I'm off the stuff. Im sure it sounds much easier than it will be, but I've been dependent on opioids before, and kicked a 60mg/day diazepam habit last year (which was the worst illness and withdrawal I could ever imagine, I actually nearly died because of the extreme weight loss caused by it..!) so I don't think I'm going to struggle too much with this one... Hopefully!

So what I need to know is what the best liquid is to dissolve the fentanyl HCL in for intranasal use? Is plain water or saline solution okay, or will the fentanyl degrade or something? Is there something that needs to be added too that will stop it from degrading, if it does, or to make it more bioavailable?

Please don't just say I shouldn't be using it at all, it's too late for that... Lol... or I need to be careful, etc... I know the dangers, and know how to handle it and have all I need to handle it safely, including naloxone for emergencies/in case of an accident, and have been using fent and analogs for about 6 months now via different ROAs so my tolerance is high.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I've found out that just plain water is fine to make the solution for intranasal use.

Last edited:
You answered my question about benzos, and I appreciate that, so I'll give you my experience with pure fentanyl.

I would take 10-50mg of fentanyl and put them into vape juice bottles, the 30 ML ones.

I researched that approximately 20 drops is 1 ML, so I did the math on 30 ML of water x 20 doses = about 600 doses. I just used regular sink water, and mixed in however amount.

So in this case, say I put 50 milligrams of fentanyl powder in the 30 milliliters of water, making the strength of each drop to be about 50 x 1000 = 50000 micrograms, then 50,000 micrograms or 50 milligrams is about 83 micrograms of fentanyl for each drop of an eye dropper, or each drop.

I'm sure you know the potency of pure fentanyl.

good luck and have fun, be safe.

Last edited:
Thanks Relapz - so just normal water is okay then? Great, that saves a bit of messing about haha
Yeah, as I said above, I've been using it for a while now so I know the potency and how much I need for effects so I'll be fine, I just need to do this nasal spray to make calculating the dosages for my taper down off the stuff easier. Gonna come down 50ug every 2 days to hopefully avoid withdrawal, and going to try and make each spray 50ug, and just count how many I have each day and have one less each time, which should hopefully feel like nothing too since it's just one spray!
Hope that made sense! I'm in bed and half asleep now!

Last edited:
If you have a HydroChloride salt it will be soluble in water. You will need to sterilize and filter it before injecting. You can use the old cooker and a cotton method. But if you inject frequently you can buy sterile stopper sealed vials and make a large batch of solution, heat it enough to sterilize, preserve it with benzyl alcohol, filter it through a submicron sterile filter and inject it directily into your sterile vial. This way you have a large batch to draw from that you know is sterile, free of insoluble crap, and preserved.

This will make your addiction much more convenient.

If you have a HydroChloride salt it will be soluble in water. You will need to sterilize and filter it before injecting. You can use the old cooker and a cotton method. But if you inject frequently you can buy sterile stopper sealed vials and make a large batch of solution, heat it enough to sterilize, preserve it with benzyl alcohol, filter it through a submicron sterile filter and inject it directily into your sterile vial.

If I'm not mistaken, he's wanting to make a nasal spray and not injecting the solution.

Cashmunny - yeah, as T Calderone said, it is for a nasal spray, I don't inject. Thanks for the info though, as it is the HCL and whether it dissolves properly in water was what I needed to know ?

For anyone that is interested:
The HCL dissolved perfectly in plain water, and having now used the nasal spray it is a very effective and fast-acting ROA.
This bottle is 15ml, with 100 sprays from being full, so 0.15ml/spray.
I dissolved it at 10mg/15ml water, so 1mg/1.5ml or 100ug/spray.
After some shaking of the pipette I used to measure the water and dissolve the HCL in, it looked to be fully dissolved with nothing undissolved that was visible to the naked eye, but I passed it through 2 coffee filters laid on top of each other to remove any possible 'hotspots', so I probably lost a millilitre or so of the solution to it absorbing into the filters, though I squeezed out as much as I could save!
Was going to do 50ug/spray but figured since my tolerance is high anyway it doesn't really matter as I will have to refill the bottle a few times before I can come off it completely, plus with a 15ml bottle it made the numbers easier to deal with.
Now I can count my doses exact, and taper down by 100ug/day (I.e. 1 less spray per day) until I am ready to jump off.
This was very simple to do and is a very effective ROA, behind transdermal patches, so is very easy to measure dosage. (Bioavailability‎: ‎92% transdermal; 89% intranasal; 50% buccal‎; 33% ingestion.)
I was smoking/vaporising on foil a fent/mannitol mix before this, which is also extremely efficient, but some say is wasteful due to losing vapor; it is only wasteful if you're not very good at 'chasing', or if you don't hold it in until it is all absorbed, however this method is extremely addictive and slightly more dangerous, due to complacency and it being much harder to measure dosage - this method is why my tolerance, and therefore dosage, has become so high and I need to give the stuff up.
Anyway, to sum up the info for anyone that wants it -
The HCL dissolves well in plain water, and a nasal spray is very simple to make, a great ROA for harm reduction, and easy for tapering down and watching your dosage if you are trying to get off it. Extreme care needs to be taken during preparation that you do not spill any of the powder, and especially the solution, on your skin, as it is absorbed through skin very efficiently so is very likely to cause an overdose.
For this reason, when working with the liquid, all bare skin should be covered with waterproof material, and when working with the powder, a mask should be worn so no particles that get blown into the air can be inhaled.

Last edited: