• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the best drug to use to attempt this?

5-MeO-DMT

It's really hard to talk about it because it's the most difficult trip to explain, because it completely unifies and transcends categories. It's *the* ego-solvent though. It's the quintessential spiritual experience (aka satori, rapture, god, enlightenment, infinity), if you prepare properly and step out of the way to let it happen.

cor, I think a lot of people may see something in my view on lsd vs mushrooms but there are also certainly people who have said it's almost opposite for them. I suspect that it could be something to do with extremes in differences between personalities (esp rational vs irrational tendencies and responding to such things), or slightly less likely it could possibly be a matter of dosage: not everyone may equate dosages of LSD and mushrooms the same way, although something that clarifies this point for me is how mushrooms (to me) have much less of an index of being able to trip well yet be safe from its harshness; while with LSD this is not a problem to achieve.

I cannot answer the DMT and 5-MeO thing, they can be enormeously fulfilling in different ways and it depends on how you weigh the value of those which has nothing to do with experience levels. If descriptions appeal to you in a certain way, I guess that helps answer your question much more. 5-MeO is a pretty ultimate sort of experience but content-wise it's not that interesting to me - it is more purely about a state of consciousness and how this changes me. DMT is endlessly fascinating in the 'worlds' you can travel to, this is less abstract or on the level of feelings or states of being. Both have a 'beyond-ness' and have a spiritual potential in their essence.
5-MeO seems more mystical seeing as how you don't get as much of the tools for a narrative, but I would not say that DMT is tangible and rational in an LSD-like way just because there are more explicit sides to the trip. If anything slightly the opposite seeing as how those explicit trips are crazy and a little mushroomy and raise a lot of questions while providing answers in the form of fantastical insights. What makes up for that and then some IMO is that DMT for me is not unforgiving in a mushroomy way but rather compassionate and fair. Going in without premeditation will still make for a bumpy ride, but in my experience the trip won't kick you when you are down about something but is more likely to show you exactly what you need somehow.

I say take a high dose of 2-oxo-pce, you'll be out of your body in a gentler way that DMT and you won't need to vaporize something that tastes really awful
^^^
I love the taste and smell of a fresh DMT!...8)
I think it is divine and quite similar to certain jasmine flowers flavor and smell, especially when it's fresh and properly cleaned. I would recognize it anywhere immediately. :D

Gotta get my hands on some pure 5-Meo-DMT!..

to the OP
my guess is that you want to be conversant in terms of drug culture, since "ego death" means nothing outside of drug culture.

as with any culture, you have to wade in, and explore.

Each person has a slightly different distribution of each 5ht receptor type in their cerebrum and mid brain, so we find different results from each type of psychedelic across the population of experimenters and users. therefore some have enhanced effects for visual stimuli and memory while others may experience a conceptual boost or maybe more tactile activation or euphoria one one drug and vice versa on another.

On top of that the ego loss experience is not just a dose thing, but a combination of reaching an immaterial state (level 5 of the s-a-l-v-i-a scale - identity merging with objects etc.) - superstoned but not quite black out which is the most stoned you can be - mixed with an open receptivity that welcomes a transcendent flash insight and resonates resoundingly to the exclusion of all else like an orgasm of spirit.

There's a big distinction to make between ego death and a near death experience.

None of us can comment for sure, but from the reports of people who've flatlined and come back, NDE is pretty much like switching off the machine.

Whereas the ego death experiences proposed so far (5-MeO-DMT and DMT) will boost the machine to saturation.

So if you are looking for ego death, sure, those will work marvels.
But if you want to experience what (we think) may feel closer to the act of dying, I'd go with Mickeyboi and say ketamine. K-hole dose.

You all are giving very bad advice, if you've never had an ego death from a mild psycpelic it could be psychologically dangerous to jump into DMT. (it could cause PTSD if the experience is frightening enough) I'd personally say LSD would be the best way to go for your first ego death. Even shrooms can cause a very scary ego death.

You all are giving very bad advice, if you've never had an ego death from a mild psycpelic it could be psychologically dangerous to jump into DMT. (it could cause PTSD if the experience is frightening enough) I'd personally say LSD would be the best way to go for your first ego death. Even shrooms can cause a very scary ego death.

So, in your opinion, is less psychologically dangerous to have an ego death experience on a high dose of a long lasting psychedelic that, if a bad trip happens, could last for several hours, than doing DMT, that only lasts for 15-30 mins? You could as well be recommending to take a high dose of DOC or Bromo-DragonFly for your first near death experience.

Can't see the logic behind that.

By the way, LSD a mild psychedelic? It's not 2C-B, it's a really hardcore one. I have got a respect for lysergamides that I don't have got with the majority of the other psychedelics. I can take any tryptamine without overthinking it too much, knowing I'll be back to reality more soon than later. With acid is at least an 8-10h commitment.

Last edited:
So, in your opinion, is less psychologically dangerous to have an ego death experience on a high dose of a long lasting psychedelic that, if a bad trip happens, could last for several hours, than doing DMT, that only lasts for 15-30 mins? You could as well be recommending to take a high dose of DOC or Bromo-DragonFly for your first near death experience.

Can't see the logic behind that.

By the way, LSD a mild psychedelic? It's not 2C-B, it's a really hardcore one. I have got a respect for lysergamides that I don't have got with the majority of the other psychedelics. I can take any tryptamine without overthinking it too much, knowing I'll be back to reality more soon than later. With acid is at least an 8-10h commitment.
I meant it is a mild psychedelic compared to DMT, if he's never had an ego death and breaks through on DMT there's a very good chance he would freak out. I don't see any logic in taking DMT if your not very experienced with psychedelics, PTSD is a serious mental disorder and could serouisly mess him up.

Who are you to speak of that which you don't know with such certainty? My as well as my friend's first psychedelic and ego death experiences were with DMT and we were completely fine. In fact it could not have gone any better. DMT is an extremely gentle drug despite the intensity if you're not a control freak or an extremely troubled individual.

I meant it is a mild psychedelic compared to DMT, if he's never had an ego death and breaks through on DMT there's a very good chance he would freak out. I don't see any logic in taking DMT if your not very experienced with psychedelics, PTSD is a serious mental disorder and could serouisly mess him up.

And do you care to share which personal or interpersonal experiences you have supporting this claim?

PTSD is a serious mental disorder and could seriously mess OP up, they shouldn't ride in a car that could crash at anytime, nor should they engage in any relationship with another human being lest they turn out to be abusive and manipulative. Car crashs and abuse happen everyday. 8)

I used DMT once and woulda blown my brains out if I had a gun. Dunno what it was but something was too real for me to handle. I kinda think it was the total pointlessness of existence as a never ending dance because we are a captured/ignorant god who exist without idea as to why or how.

I would go with ketamine for ego death. Too much and you just black out and wake up not moved (usually)