• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What is pure CBD like?

WillieWeed

Greenlighter
I get mixed reviews from around the web, here on bluelight, reddit, drugs-forum etc. Some people say it just calms them and helps them sleep. Other say it's great for anxiety. Is it like regular bud without the body buzz and weird thoughts and slowing down? I've been thinking about buying some to try it, but it's pretty expensive and don't wanna be disappointed.

I wouldn't buy it, unless you had something like pain or anxiety and you wanted to see how it affects you. If you want to get high don't buy it.

Happy holydays WillieWeed,

I get mixed reviews from around the web, here on bluelight, reddit, drugs-forum etc.

M'well, here's what the WHO (at the United Nations) published recently about "Naturally-Occuring" CBD:

[ www.who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/5.2_CBD.pdf ]

« ...does not induce physical dependence and is "not associated with abuse potential. »

« ...people aren't getting high off of CBD... »

« To date, there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD or any public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD »

« ...evidence suggests that CBD mitigates the effects of THC... »

« ...the WHO is currently considering changing CBD's place in its own drug scheduling code. »

« The report was presented by the WHO's Expert Committee on Drug Dependence... »​

One possible problem is quality. Hemp CBD requires a lot of vegetal material which compared to cannabis tends to concentrate contaminants. While "bio" High-CBD hybrid cannabis (possibly also with THC), on another hand, invites experimentation: e.g. YOU find out what it's good for, even recreationally.

Remember the UN actually initiated the "drug-free world" utopia, they're not exactly best suited to promote the bright sides anyway.

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

I get mixed reviews from around the web, here on bluelight, reddit, drugs-forum etc. Some people say it just calms them and helps them sleep. Other say it's great for anxiety. Is it like regular bud without the body buzz and weird thoughts and slowing down? I've been thinking about buying some to try it, but it's pretty expensive and don't wanna be disappointed.

Yeah unfortunately most the claims right now are anecdotal. It definitely has a place in medicine, but as far as peer-reviewed clinical research goes, there doesn't seem to be much about cannabis in general. I'm sure there are some, but I am not aware of any in particular.

from the wiki article on cannabidiol:
"CBD does not appear to have any intoxicating effects such as those caused by tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in cannabis, but may have a downregulating impact on disordered thinking and anxiety"

So it doesn't cause a high/buzz, but it does have an effect on some parts of the brain. It sounds like the ways in which it affects the brain are subtle.

I've taken a few dabs of pure CBD isolate. I could definitely feel it, it had a strong muscle relaxant effect but pretty much nothing in terms of a mental high. It was mentally calming through the muscle relaxation though. It was pretty nice for a sore throat actually.

It also happens to taste god-awful.