• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants what is my meth cut with

androrat77

Greenlighter
ive been getting alot of this wet like really wet crystal and its pretty good but its so wet. what could it be cut with or was it made badly

Attachments

• 20200130_222223.jpg
    20200130_222223.jpg
    997 KB · Views: 84
Those look tasty.
Also looks like maybe someone threw it into some acetone right before selling it to you. What does it smell like?

It doesnt really have a smell that I can detect but my sense of smell isnt the best either but it definitely doesnt have a acetone smell to it

We would never be able to tell you from a picture. It could be anything. Having said that the wetness (which is very common) is typically just left over synthesis crud or some moisture (meth salt is very hygroscopic - sucks in water from the air - and dealers also often like to add a few drops here and there to save a few % of $$).

Congrats on finding some nice product though. Enjoy, and be sensible as you clearly have a lot there - don't take it all at once! ;) 💚 💚

This is not uncommon, especially in humid climates:
answer to the original question, methamphetamine is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture from the air which can turn it from a solid to a liquid. Erowid has an image with the caption "Note the small drops of water forming due to the hygroscopic nature of the material." The solution is to limit the moisture in the air/and or the air flow. Storing it in an air tight container such as a glass jar with a rubber seal should solve the problem. Unfortunately in this case it had been improperly stored previously and not much could be done.
Ask your source about how it's being stored. They may get it like that too. Some people are actually so used to getting wet gear, it may not seem unusual to them.

This is not uncommon, especially in humid climates:

Ask your source about how it's being stored. They may get it like that too. Some people are actually so used to getting wet gear, it may not seem unusual to them.
He gets it like that.

We would never be able to tell you from a picture. It could be anything. Having said that the wetness (which is very common) is typically just left over synthesis crud or some moisture (meth salt is very hygroscopic - sucks in water from the air - and dealers also often like to add a few drops here and there to save a few % of $$).

Congrats on finding some nice product though. Enjoy, and be sensible as you clearly have a lot there - don't take it all at once! ;) 💚 💚
Thanks and yes it is really good stuff at least I know it's not crap now thanks again

There is no way anybody on here could possibly tell you that. And it would be dangerous to guess/assume.

It would have to be tested in a laboratory. There is no other means of answering this question remotely. I really hate to tell people this, but I feel like it saves you a lot of trouble in the long-run. All this will bring is endless and arbitrary speculation that at best will confuse people and at worst cause them to make dangerous decisions.

It would have to be tested in a laboratory. There is no other means of answering this question remotely. I really hate to tell people this, but I feel like it saves you a lot of trouble in the long-run. All this will bring is endless and arbitrary speculation that at best will confuse people and at worst cause them to make dangerous decisions.
Well how can I get a little bit lab tested?

That’s funny I am in San Diego and I am getting same. Yuck
It's not bad at all its actually really good. I just melt it down and blow out the first hit or 2 and it's good after that. The last bit of each bowl is kinda brown and nasty but nothing a cue tip doesnt fix

As cfc said, it's pretty common, often a result of a cook not taking his time and finishing the job...

In all honesty it's probably just left over solvent from the gassing process.used to convert the liquid base to hcl salt form.

Ya it's not bad just so wet it sticks to the bag so bad but that stuff has passed now the stuff that's around has a yellowish tint to it

I'm surprised that absolutely no one here has enough contemporary knowledge of how meth is trafficked and processed to tell you why your bag is wet, especially if it doesn't give off detectable odors associated with solvents / certain volatile precursors. That wetness, is literally just water. Assuming you're in the US, it's almost certain that it was imported as HCl salts of the drug dissolved in a liquid medium that is primarily water, maybe colorants or other things added to disguise the solution as legal commercial products (e.g. liquid soap or cleaning solution, Coca-Cola or other beverages in bottles) or concealed in a decoy fuel tank. At the "conversion lab", the crystals are formed from these solutions, which is why certain batches sometimes have odd residual faint tastes. If you do some research on forum posts of this topic around the net in the last decade, this is a commonly discussed issue at certain times, the most notable one I remember being the "burnt rubber tire" tasting batch which even made it's way across the country to me quite far away, some months after but still the same season in which the posts had been made.

Anyway, without digressing further....sometimes the people running this kind of operation let the product go when it's still kind of wet. Maybe time constraints, laziness, or lack of basic chemical work-up and handling skills cause this, but whichever it is that kept them from rinsing the crystals with acetone one last time doesn't matter as rinsing these with acetone is super easy and will draw away all the remaining water. Grab yourself a qt of acetone next time! It is not necessary to dry it. I'll list the procedure I use for it's simplicity and guaranteed effectiveness.

Shards in coffee filter, acetone in glass or ceramic cup. Filter gets a 3 minute dunk and a few swirls. Filter gets pulled and placed on glass or ceramic surface. 15 minutes to dry. If you want it arid as hell, place it in the oven or under a lamp at just about 100F for a couple minutes and residual acetone is history.

Its likely due to being rushed through a process, possibly recrystalizing. The wetness does seem pretty excessive but its not a problem. But we cant tell you what cut was used from the picture.

I would do a acetone wash for sure.