• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is life.

iLoveLucy999

Greenlighter
hello people.

my snapchat is iLoveLucy999. add me if you wish.

my problem is that i cannot seem to find a meaning to life. every day i am tortured by thoughts and i have not yet found why we are here. what is the purpose? do we live just to die? the theory of complete darkness haunts me in my waking life.
i am seeking for advice. thank you all and iLoveLucy999

Yes its all blackness out there but you shouldn't be afraid of it; we all come from the blackness. We are the somethingness out of the nothingness. When you look at a star on a clear night, what do you feel? I feel that I AM somehow that star, that i am a part of its family living out the wishes that it could never accomplish as a star.

Do what makes you really happy. Be true to yourself and try to have a good time. Try to be good to other folks, and if you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE , even if its small. Donate your time and energy to the people who could use your help in some way ; not only will it make you happy but it will bless you with amazing karma.. its pretty basic shit, it only means as much as your willing to put in to it. It cannot provide you with much besides whats already inside your own self. Playmates and playdates and sightseeing; thats what life is about

We are just here to live..u can choose your own meaning to life maybe helping people? Start a family? Find love? U should learn to quiet your mind and meditate..u will be surprised what happens when u cease your thought process..its total peace just awareness of the present moment.u shouldnt be scared of anything that cannot harm u..there is only darkness because there is light

i know if sit worrying about it too much it will pass u by quick . do some reading from philosophers?

albert camus said life is an absurd creation but one can give it meaning...

you might find this interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus / http://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/sisyphus/

Camus summarizes his discussion of the variety of absurd lives, saying that life ends with death, but until then, everything is up to us. If we are not bound by the thought that there is a life after this one—or that there is some higher being that determines what is right and wrong—then this life becomes entirely ours, and we can live as we choose.

You can't make sense of the pattern, it is not a causal relationship.

It's up to you to find your own way back to the source.

Have fun, be safe.

Last edited:
Haha, another snapchatter. I haven't used it in a while though, and I deleted it too. It can easily be put back, but meh.

Yes, we do live to die. Every living organism shares the same fate. But that is what makes our time here valuable. I think all of us have a well-defined purpose that some already know, and if not then some will know when the time comes. It could be something as simple as having fun and enjoying ourselves, or finding out the next big theory that changes the direction of humanity.

I think our purpose is multi-faceted though, and it has to have great meaning.