What is considered and overdose

ShawniT

Greenlighter
So I'm new to this and I don't know what to think. I was told by the people around me that I had overdosed and came out of it. Pretty much woke up to being given CPR with ice on the back of my neck and my head propped up on a pillow. I don't remember anything after doing a shot of heroin and walking out of the bathroom. I was told that I had no pulse and was turning blue. My friend preformed CPR and I someone came too. The same thing happened one time before. My lips turned blue and I was unresponsive for about 15 minutes each time. I don't remember either time. I thought when people overdosed they died unless medication was given to being them out of it. I was addicted to black for a year and used about a gram and a half a day just to maintain being normal. I was locked up for 4 months went back out twice and both times using a b or less I've stopped breathing and had almost no pulse. But both times the people around me claimed I've come out of it. I just didn't think that was possible without medical attention. Any ideas on how this is possible? Should I just assume they are lying to me about it?

What you are describing are symptoms of an impending overdose. You essentially dipped out and lost conciousness because your body couldn't adjust quickly enough in going from one extreme to the other. You're fortunate you came around with just some rescue breathing, however, if your friends hadn't initiated CPR you very well could have wound up needing a shot of narcan. Overdoses typically do require administration of narcan, and it seems you were precariously close to going over that cliff.

I'm pretty sure that if you have to be revived to be alive, you overdosed. If someone hadn't come along, you would be dead.

I think you owe those people your life tbh. Without the CPR - which IS someone else breathing and pumping your heart for you (or one or the other in some situations) and if these signs of life were not there, it's unlikely they were going to come back on their own. Thankfully the people around you acted fast enough and Narcan wasn't needed.