Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is a "molly pill"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
so the first time i took ecstasy i had a really good time! i felt the effects and i had a hell of a day... but i am very curious about the pill i had taken that day... i was told that it was a "molly pill"... i understand that the term molly means pure mdma so what does it mean when it is in pill form??? does that just mean that theres more mdxx in it than other ecstasy pills??? is there even such a thing as a molly pill??? i dont know if the color has any kind of significance as to what is in the pill exactly but it was green lol the moment it kicked in was pretty intense! and i dont know if it was because it was my first time or because of what was in the pill but it was proly the most intense come up that i have had from any pill after that... also i felt a little bit of pressure on my head like the area around my eyes or temples... so i guess my actual question is what is a molly pill exactly and do you think that is what i took???

Molly is just code name for MDMA... I avoid those who use codes and don't know about test kits. Look up dance safe or eztest. Pillreports is a good site for pressed pills although capsules of supposed mdma Molly you need to test yourself. Be careful there are lots of like compounds with similar effect.

I saw some green Molly pills on databases that were meth...just saying.

Molly is pure MDMA and pure MDMA is molly. A good pill also only contains pure MDMA in crystal form, there is no difference between the two apart from the obvious fact that the crystals are pressed in a pill. Or at least that's how it should be. However these days the term molly is misused a lot because indeed people think "it's called molly so it must be pure". That doesn't say anything at all, it's all just marketing.

We will never be able to tell you what you took. I would buy a testkit, that way you can determine for yourself and don't need to rely on what dealers and other people tell you. Nothing apart from doing that will give you any certainty. They aren't expensive by the way

Pillreports is a good site for pressed pills although capsules of supposed mdma Molly you need to test yourself
Both pills and crystals you need to test yourself. Don't rely on pillreports alone, though it can be an extra indication, a lot of well known and pure pills are being faked by malicious people

I completely agree that everything should be tested yourself. Pillreports I just feel is a pretty good resource for those without kits. It's easy to learn about them there too!

Edit: I'll add pills are usually made or are measured by freebase mdmav weight where most if not all Molly, or mdma crystal, is bound to an hcl molocule taking up 10%-16% weight....

That does not mean dose more as with 100% pure mdma hcl only 1.5 mg/kg is really needed while following with a 0.5 mg/kg booster 60-90 minutes in. For 125 pounds that's around 60 kilos making the optimal dose 90 mg followed by 30 mg. I'd say active safe dose is around 1-2 mg/kg although anything over 1.5 mg/kg produces negative physical side effects (tension, shakes, and sweats).

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Edit: I'll add pills are usually made or are measured by freebase mdmav weight where most if not all Molly, or mdma crystal, is bound to an hcl molocule taking up 10%-16% weight....

That's not true, both pill and crystal form street-quality MDMA is MDMA.HCl, not the freebase which is a liquid (oil) so not good material to press pills. MDMA in crystal form (bad choice of words because pills also contain crystals) is exactly the same as MDMA in pill-form and there are no differences when calculating your dose. Dosage guidelines found online are always for MDMA.HCl, freebase dosage guidelines are not needed as there is virtually no freebase sold on the streets. The HCl form is far better for transportation, handling, consumption and also for economic reasons (16% being HCl indeed so it increases weight)

Last edited:
I need to clarify why I mentioned it... When someone says 124 mg pill or something accurately tested is the full 124 mg mdma. They may have used hcl crystal to make it as you said the oil would be a pain to work with. I could imagine the hcl step being skipped if someone made a batch of pills though as they can weigh the oil itself and mix it all together..... Not like I would know I am just guessing

Edit: my guidelines for hcl too. It seems to match erowids chart imo although it's not a peer reviewed guideline or anything. I just like mg to kg dose charts so doses can be adjusted by weight and titrated for sensitivity level. Just my opinion, but again since it's not peer reviewed or anything it's a recommendation to experiment with.

Last edited:
freebase MDMA would not be soluble to blood (water) and would not get into your brain. So the discussion about freebase vs. MDMA.HCL is purely academic and of no use. All MDMA which makes your world to love you is in MDMA.HCL form.

Your stomach would convert it to an acid when eaten... hcl if I'm not mistaken. I know the same is true for DMT

Edit: I'll add this too imagine cannabis with freebase mdma infused into it by means of evaporating a MDMA freebase infused solvent as one would do for changa and dmt.

A 'molly pill' is a stupid slang term. Nobody can tell you what it is because it isn't anything. Get a test kit.

This is close to drug I.D so I'm going to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.