• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is a meth high "supposed" to feel like?

watermelon14

Bluelighter
I've used meth intravenously multiple times, but I'm always careful to use as little as possible. I have a very high amphetamine tolerance from my daily adderall use, and I'm wondering if my meth use has ever actually gotten me "high," or if I haven't been using enough to reach the desired peak level. When I've used in the past, I generally never feel any kind of rush or euphoria (even though I'm injecting the drug) and even though I do notice a notable increase in focus and motivation, I don't really "feel" any different (as opposed to, for example, when I take a high dose of adderall, I can usually really "feel" it). Also, the duration of the drug's effects typically last around one day - I'm not using enough to stay up for days on end.

So, if you've used meth before and gotten high from it, what did it feel like for you? Would using a greater amount at one time produce a more significant high or a feeling of euphoria?

Thanks!

My first post, so wish me luck.

I have been using meth on and off the the last 2 years. About 2 weeks ago, my friend convinced me to try IV. Shitty friends, I know. So he prepped everything and encouraged me to watch so I knew exactly what was happening. He used around 150mg, and said that would be a good starting point. I agreed and he shot me up. Now before, he honestly had me a little worried. He explained all the possibilities of what might happen, from me freaking out to not being able to see. So my buddy pull the plunger back, and we both saw the red cloud enter the syringe. He pushed off, and stared at me waiting for a reaction. I felt.... NOTHING! I was kind of pissed off, not just for the waste of money, but I mad I had tried IV and nothing happened. 2 days later, I decided I would try once more and if I felt nothing it would be the end of it. My friend did the same exact steps as last time, except he used around 250mg. He pushed off again and asked if I felt anything thing. I didn't at first and said no. He started rambling about the shittiness of the dope, and said maybe it just wasn't for me. Right after he started talking, it hit me. Oh my god. I can describe it like the tingling body feeling you get after smoking a decent amount, except x100. I was light headed but in a crazy kind of way, and was hit with a big hot flash. Let me just say, I think I now a very basic understanding of why someone would "throw away their life" for this feeling. The rush lasted about a hour, and the high about 5 hours. So I'm not sure what went wrong the first time, but I'm assuming he push the needle through the other side of the vein when he pushed off. I remember the first couple times I smoked, where the high sneaks up on you, and you might notice you're zooming. But IV was different, you will know. I don't want to encourage you to use more, but what I am saying is you might have not used enough for the desired effects. Also, make sure you're doing it right if you're going in solo. Stay safe, and remember IV'ing is all of the shit hitting you at once, and you can always do more. I hope you have a positive experience, good luck.

thats kind of like saying what is life supposed to be like. it varies from person to person me personally my skin would tingle and my thoughts didn't feel like they were racing anymore. other than that i didnt sleep which was 90% of my goal with it.

Might be because of your tolerance. I've used meth lots of times but I have no tolerance and usually I'd only use an extremely small amount cause I don't actually like the meth rush. I really don't. Not a big fan of feeling the rush or the real high from it.

But, having experienced both, a full on rush and high from it which was, ok but not something I liked that much. And the way I'd normally use it which was a very very small amount. What you describe sounds like the latter more than the former. Which would make sense since what you experience with a tolerance might well be similar to what I experienced using a very small amount. What I'd used you'd likely not even feel.

But that's me, I love opiates, love a heroin rush. I lived for nothing else for years. But I'm really not a stimulant person. It's ok in a very mild form from time to time. But that's it.

But yeah, it sounds to my from my notice perspective you're not experiencing the full high and rush others get who use a more normal amount with a mild tolerance or in my case no tolerance. But that's just a guess.

Yeah I never was a fan of stimulants in particular and have definitely smoked and sniffed my fair share of Meth in my time, there was a period of time about 5 years ago when I was injecting meth, that only lasted about 2 weeks, but my goodness I really enjoyed the feeling of the rush of IV meth. I found that the ideal rush was .25 of a gram of meth weighed on a digital scale. A very intense euphoric rush accompanied by a tickling in the throat resulting in a big cough! That was the ultimate rush for me, especially combined as a speedball with 2 to 4 mg of Dilaudid mixed in the rig with the meth. I found any less than a quarter of a gram did not produce anywhere near the perfect rush and no cough, which I suppose signifies the ideal amount and subsequent rush that is necessary for the ultimate feeling of an IV dose of Meth. Be safe though, I don’t recommend this...it produced a horrible obsession that took at least a good 6 months to finally get over....and the only reason I stopped injecting this was that I had stupidly injected a shot of Meth with a large gauge needle going for a vein on the top of my right hand, and I missed....I developed an extremely bad case of Cellulitis Edema a very serious bacterial Staph infection of my right hand within 24 my hand had swelled up to the size of a boxing glove, super swollen, red, and throbbing intense pain, followed by Sepsis. I waited 72 hours to be taken to the ER where I was immediately admitted to the hospital and had a 2 week stay with around the clock IV infusion with 4 different antibiotics. My pain was so extreme, and due to the fact that I was treated at the same hospital (Emory Atlanta) 5 years before this for a Heroin overdose that I was denied narcotic pain medication for the first 48 hours of admittance. To get necessary pain management, It took a friend of mine going down to the patient advocacy office at Emory hospital and having an hour long conversation stating just because I have a history of Opioid abuse does not while under the hospital’s care give them the right to deny me relief of pain or treat me any less than any other human being in legitimate extreme pain. Patient advocacy agreed and an hour later my attending Doctor had ordered me for 10 mg IV Morphine along with 10 mg oral Oxycodone every 4 hours around the clock. A seriously fucked up situation of my life resulting in me having to file bankruptcy due to medical bills as I was without health insurance at the time....all for a very intense albeit fleeting rush. My story of promoting harm reduction as a personal experience of just what the fuck happened to me....please stop this while you still have the chance.

I'm not someone that shoots up, so I don't know about that, but I smoke Crystal Meth (which I assume we are talking about, since it's way more potent than normal Meth), but even when not IV using but just by smoking I get a heavy rush that hits me suddenly after the first good toke, it tingles through my entire body, like a combination of MDMA and Cocaine, it comes close to that, I'm high and gone in my head and my body feels like it is having a full body orgasm, as if the peak of an orgasm is rushing through every vein with a major energy boost, and a huge mental euphoria.

With a rush like that I don't feel the need to even try IV...

Maybe try smoking it, to more safely up your dose...?

I don't get a rush or euphoria. Some people just don't. Possible due to weaker individual NE effects. Amps are theoretically slightly more potent for NE release, so that could explain why you 'feel' them a bit more. ROA may also make a difference.

But still odd, since Cocaine gives the OP a very good rush, and Meth does not, while they both increase dopamine levels for the most part, and Meth to a lesser extent Endorphin levels... So it's odd really that Cocaine does the Dopamine trick and Meth does not, no?

Or am I making a false reasoning here?

EDIT: or I might be mistaken with the OP of a similar topic, my fault, sorry.

I've only gotten super twacked out on meth two times, each time it was a dealer giving me hits off a pipe. The rush was fucking out of this world, I could barely talk aside from repeating "holy fuck I am high" over and over.

Other than that it's pretty ...relaxing? You feel alert and like you can accomplish anything. Everything and everyone is interesting and life's perfect and you have no problems.