• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is a good starting dose for morphine?

Do you have ANY Opioid tokerance or experience? If not, then take a sub therapeutic dose, to test for allergies or oversensitivy; something like 2.5-5mg

From there, you need to provide a bit more info

no tolerance. Have used codeine before but that's all

It's a linctus. The ingredients are:

morphine hydrochloride equivalent to 1mg anhydrous morphine per 5ml
peppermint oil 1.5 microlitres
ethanol
benzoic acid (E210)
capsicum tincture
caramel
menthol
citric acid
hypromellose
sorbitol solution
treacle (sucrose and fructose)
purified water

would drinking large quantities of any of those ingredients cause problems? I guess there's no way to easily extract the morphine....

Last edited:
Id start at 20mg. Up it to 30 if it doesnt feel like enough. The allergy test was a good idea, too.

^ Yes

And a single dose of morphine is supposed to be roughly half the potency, actually at low doses the BA% could in theory cause it to be 1/3rd of the potency

In general though, 1.5-2x as potent (oxy compared to morphine, by mouth)

After allergy/ sensitivity test, make sure you have an antihistamine; diphenhydramine or another first gen is best in the US, though it may cause drowsiness(although it can also potentiate/enchance) the morphine, otherwise at least have Cetirizine, an antihistamine will reduce the side effects, and help reverse histamine release from morphine

Those inactive s should be ok, after tester dose, would actually start with 10-15mg, wait 30-40 minutes to find where you are at, and if you want, take another 10-15mg; don?t reside again after that for a awhile, it takes about ~100minutes for Morphine P.O. to peak; then go from there

Good luck and be safe

do different drugs release different types of histamine, or do all types of antihistamine do basically the same thing? The hayfever ones are non-drowsy so I'll try those first

^ You need an antihistamine that acts as an anti-emetic, and is effective enough to combat possible itching

Which antihistamine? Most would be fine, however wouldn't recommend the "3rd gen" antihistamines

Cetirizine is a good choice for non-drowsy, 10 or 15mg works for most people- 4mg Chlorpheniramine maleate is supposed to be effective FTP;

Any antihistamine should technically work, however many of the 2nd gen antihistamines do not penetrate the CNS-this jeans that they won't cause drowsiness, however they tend to be less effective and they are not ad good for nausea, if that becomes a problem, though often if you take a high(er) dose, most of the 2nd gen can get into the CNS to some extent. Just take recommended dose, and think your good to go and enjoy your morphine elixir (just like that term, would like morphine elixir, 40mg/ml ;(nah-well, doubt would turn it down

Last edited:
but diphenhydramide is one of the things that inhibits the CYP2D6 enzyme, so you wouldn't want to take that with codeine though?

same with promethazine?

Diphenhydramine is a mild /D inhibitor- take it with the codeine and 25mg would make no difference

Thought you had morphine?

Enzymes don't matter with morphine, it is metabolized via phase 2- considering your troubles with codeine, 20mg might be more along the lines of a starter dose, just do like 2.5-5ng first, as a test dose

If you have morphine it will work; it is the end result of Heroin, and multiple other opioids- now how much you enjoy it, a different story there

unfortunately the morphine is only a tiny amount mixed with the J Collis Browne mixture, and I can't stomach chugging it all down - I've read other people who have say it did nothing for them except made them sick. Same with the Kaolin/Morphine solution

I just took 300mg codeine but stupidly took a Cetirizine first to prevent itching and it completely negated any effects. Didn't feel a thing 8)

I'm abandoning codeine now. Seems pointless unless I can get hold of some sort of CYP2D6 inducer...

Cetirizine doesn't inhibit P450 enzymes, it would not hurt or effect codeine

Yiu seem desperate- Dihydrocodiene is NOT a prodrug, and 1.5-2x as potent; and apap isn't that big an issue- it is a lot easier to remove, and you can take / grans with no side effects if you're young and not an alcoholic!

That is your' best, and simple option.

Cetirizine doesn't inhibit P450 enzymes, it would not hurt or effect codeine

Yiu seem desperate- Dihydrocodiene is NOT a prodrug, and 1.5-2x as potent; and apap isn't that big an issue- it is a lot easier to remove, and you can take / grans with no side effects if you're young and not an alcoholic!

That is your' best, and simple option.

I'm not an alcoholic now, but I've had liver issues in the past, and my liver's been aching recently.

But I will follow your advice and go for DHC - it only comes combo'd with APAP - and make sure I extract every last speck of APAP to be sure...

Haha man APAP itself is not toxic; when too much is consunsed liver enzymes convert it into a hepatoxic metabolite; and at, what, 10mg/ml?

Your fine-a standard CWE procedure; though this is seeming a lot of trouble, just saying

Whats the normal dose of this? It has capsicum in it (although doesnt say how much) and too much of it could be unpleasant.

Have to agree with Lorne, between the oft repeated, near endless concerns you have regarding various aspects of Codeine, Dihydro and now morphine, none of which are renowned for their euphoria, save morphine (at least when not when taken orally, for me and a lot of other folks).

That said, I wouldn't ever recommend you skip on over to oxycodone or what have you, especially when considering HR, and my ongoing, truly detrimental heroin addiction. Basically seems you'd like to enjoy a relatively weak opioid far more than most ever would, minus any potential health risks, all while hoping to somehow manage any significant build up in tolerance. Please, don't take this as in any way a harsh criticism, nor as me poking fun at you, as I certainly don't intend either, but it really does seem as if you've hit a wall regarding th experimentation with the substances, dosages and ROA's you're willing to give a fair shot.

^well I haven't tried poppy seed/pod tea yet. That's my next step once I'm certain that codeine/DHC has no value for me, whcih it looks increasingly likely it doesn't

That's yet another avenue I wouldn't bother going down, but by all means, there's plenty of info on here regarding pods, although how current much of it is, I have no idea. Cash doesn't seem to be an issue for you either, so maybe it will pan out. If it does though, do be wary of tolerance and addiction potential. Myself and many others had clear cut, firm intentions regarding our intake once upon a time.

Dihydro is a better idea;

If that doesn?t work, make up something and get hydro if you are that f?in determined (no rudeness just saying this is getting a bit much)

Poppy pods and such, cannot speak from experience though most would far prefer rx opioids... a lot of people just get that stuff/make the tea because it is legal in the US; we cannot simply get a Mu opioid agonist like dihydro and perform a simple CWE to get by in desperation/ experiment

You can?t have your cake and eat it too, and cimetidine(although Rx only in UK if not mistaken) or grapefruit juice would enhance dihydro and reduce the body?s ability to produce APAP?s toxic metabolite, making the already harmless sub therapeutic dose even less dangerous- if that is possible