• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is a good dose for someone with little or no tolerance?

TioW42

Greenlighter
What is a good dose for oxycodone where I can chill out watch some movies or play some games without feeling sick or blacking out? I have tried oxycodone a couple of times but I only do it twice a month so my tolerance is very low. I don't mind the higher doses just longer it won't make me feel sick.

What is your usual dose when you do it twice a month and become quite high?

Start on 10mg and you can always redose if you need more, however I wouldn't suggest oxy if you just wanna chill and watch films. IMO something like hydrocodone is better for monging out.

My first time I fucked up and took 60mg because I thought I could handle it given I had been doing another opiate before. Nothing other than an extreme high happened. I guess I established a limit then because the next day I took 40mg then 20mg the day after that and became extremely sick. I was getting sick for 3 days straight until I finally went to the hospital. Now I do 20mg and it's a perfect dose for me, but please don't think you can handle a large amount at first. Start off with 10mg then continue to add 5mg after 30-45 minutes of waiting if you don't feel anything.

If you just wanna chill 10mg. If you wanna nod 20mg. If you wanna proper nod all day 40mg. That's been my experience at least.

^ 40mg seems like way too much for someone without a tolerance, if done all at once that would be a very uncomfortable dose for someone that's naive . I would definitely go with 5mg first, better to start with 5mg and possibly waste it than start with a higher dose and be sick or nodding too hard. If 5mg doesn't do it for you then wait at least a few hours then try 10mg and so on.

Really I'd recommend not doing it at all and just using weed to chill and play games, if you have a good relationship with Mary it would be better to stick with that. Plus although opiates are good for pretty much anything that doesn't require being alert, weed is better for watching movies or playing games. IMO it gives me a more intense appreciation for the story and/or the artwork and it also makes me feel more like I'm actually the character in games, it makes for a more rich experience in all regards.

40mg is definitely on the high end for someone without tol but it's not dangerous unless you mix other depressants (obviously don't do that).

First time I used oxy I ended up using 40mg within two hours or so. After railing the second 20mg that's when it really kicked in. Before that it was only a mild buzzy nod. That redose is what really kicked it up.

But that was a full on nod for hours and hours. For mild chilling I think 20mg should be the max without tol.

^snorting also lowers the bioavailability a bit so what your body absorbed may have been lower then 35mg. Either way 40mg of oxycodone is just a negligent dose for someone new to opiates, the OP should definitely be able to get off on less then 40mg

15-20mgs should be a stimulating, euphoric to noddy high for the opiate to near opiate naïve individual. As others have said you can always add to your dose if need be. Take care.

^snorting also lowers the bioavailability a bit so what your body absorbed may have been lower then 35mg. Either way 40mg of oxycodone is just a negligent dose for someone new to opiates, the OP should definitely be able to get off on less then 40mg

That's fair.

I do agree 40mg in a single dose is not a good idea for a user without tolerance. To be clear I took a total of 40mg in separate doses throughout the course of a few hours. And you're right the lowered BA probably meant I actually absorbed closer to 35mg.

With no tolerance at all, 10mg of Oxycodone will have you feeling great.
With a little tolerance, 20mg should be plenty for you to get your desired effects.

DO NOT EXCEED 30MG WITH LITTLE TO NO TOLERANCE OR YOU WILL GET SICK AND START PUKING EVERYWHERE