• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment What in your opinion is the most effective and equally important safe medicine for bipolar 2 hypomania? And depression

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
I am likely going back on meds tomorrow but am cautious because I don’t want to take something like lithium for the rest of my life. Shit is toxic. My wife’s dad died fro organ failure eventually due to it but he had BP1.

I thought hypomania can be managed without meds but with life style changes and skills learning on how to recognize when I’m panic and such with my therapist.

I don’t see her until next week so whatevs but I am likely starting meds tomorrow and want to know what I am willing to take before they just throw me on something. I hate psych meds long terms but fear it may be necessary. I’m not THAT manic. Just talk alot really. That’s it. Idk if it’s mania tho but I’m starting to think it is but maybe it is truly adhd..

I for certain have PTSD maybe it’s that?

Look man don't take this as hard medical advice or anything. This is completely anecdotal. I took mirtazapine years ago. Seemed to work quite well, the lower doses (15mg and 30mg) help with sleep. The lower the dose the better sleep you get. I think I was on 30mg, you can go up to 45mg but the sleep effect stops.

Desvenlafaxine is a good one, possibly even just venlafaxine. Lowest dose possible.

That's for the antidepressants. I know sodium valproate is sometimes prescribed for manic episodes or mixed episodes.

That's my 2c. Everyone is different though. Lithium fries kidneys. Definitely not worth the risk most of the time. Hope this helps, just anecdotal like I said.

Good on you for pursuing therapy though, that's half the battle. But being on an antidepressant to keep you functioning well is also a good idea. I'd avoid sertraline personally. But the newer antidepressants are generally not half-bad.

"

What in your opinion is the most effective and equally important safe medicine for... "​

A decent diet and routine physical movement(s). Just me, bro. What is it that draws your attention?
Hoping changes/freedom come sooner than later.
SO is talking about it (I brought it up... ) but am loathe to go deeper into this for some reason. Gotta confront it....
Exercise daily helps me stay *grounded but whatta ya do when grounding doesn work so much?
I will look at a rock hold plz I'll post what I think is dessert glass from the east
Damn they on the other phone lemme swtch up....

Here it is
HPomofR.jpeg

Rj31Ug5.jpeg

Interesting caught my eye. Broke in my pocket before I got home. Bout 30g total. Cute....
This other phone is better but despise them all. Time for a cig.
Peace

Last edited:
iv got bipolar 1,

for depression i take venlafaxine every day

for hypomania/mania/psychosis

olanzapine will nip that shit in the bud, and knock ur ass to sleep

seroquel is good to have around to get sleep as needed as well, but it wont stop the mania beast in its tracks like olanz

important thing for bipolar is getting decent sleep every night, noticing how quick ur thoughts are getting, pressured speech etc

some people seem to like taking antipsychotics and mood stabilisers every day, i don’t rly get that having been down that path for a period in the past.

i would do it if i became psychotic again and failed to stop it myself, cos that shit can destroy me

iv got bipolar 1,

for depression i take venlafaxine every day

for hypomania/mania/psychosis

olanzapine will nip that shit in the bud, and knock ur ass to sleep

seroquel is good to have around to get sleep as needed as well, but it wont stop the mania beast in its tracks like olanz

important thing for bipolar is getting decent sleep every night, noticing how quick ur thoughts are getting, pressured speech etc

some people seem to like taking antipsychotics and mood stabilisers every day, i don’t rly get that having been down that path for a period in the past.

i would do it if i became psychotic again and failed to stop it myself, cos that shit can destroy me
That’s what I’m afraid of is I do t want to be too down for once I feel good about life and the future and have great drive . And I cant take some meds like Depakote ( hard on liver) and will not take lithium.

I am just concerned about being on meds long term in regards to organ health. A lot of these mood stabilizers are hard on organs I think. My primary symptom is pressured speech so this really resonated with me.

But I wonder if it will level out in its own. I mean I was taking stims a lot last year all year. Not every day but I’d binge every weekend and for a month strait one time. So I wonder if it’s just my brain needs time to recalibrate because I was essentially causing bipolar episodes false ones I think drug induced. And then immediately I’m depressed as hell during the come down then back up when I use again.

So I was training my brain to act as if I was bipolar unintentionally. So you get hypomania? Because if I am manic it’s hypomania. I just don’t get delusional thinking like I’m God or anything like that. I don’t get outlandish thoughts like that which I dont judge anyone for that at all. Why would I? I’m just saying I don’t get those kind of symptoms I don’t think. I mean I have goals but they are realistic goals, finishing school and stuff like that. Succeeding in life type stuff but how is having drive and pressured speech the only symptoms and i am told I’m manic by my wife and some others. Maybe it’s just adhd hyperactivity? But idk…I will never take adhd meds again tho unless clonidine. I guess that might help with hyperactivity and in that one safe long term so you all think? Of course I’ll ask my doctor but man doctors don’t give you all the information straight sometimes

That’s what I’m afraid of is I do t want to be too down for once I feel good about life and the future and have great drive . And I cant take some meds like Depakote ( hard on liver) and will not take lithium.

I am just concerned about being on meds long term in regards to organ health. A lot of these mood stabilizers are hard on organs I think. My primary symptom is pressured speech so this really resonated with me.

But I wonder if it will level out in its own. I mean I was taking stims a lot last year all year. Not every day but I’d binge every weekend and for a month strait one time. So I wonder if it’s just my brain needs time to recalibrate because I was essentially causing bipolar episodes false ones I think drug induced. And then immediately I’m depressed as hell during the come down then back up when I use again.

So I was training my brain to act as if I was bipolar unintentionally. So you get hypomania? Because if I am manic it’s hypomania. I just don’t get delusional thinking like I’m God or anything like that. I don’t get outlandish thoughts like that which I dont judge anyone for that at all. Why would I? I’m just saying I don’t get those kind of symptoms I don’t think. I mean I have goals but they are realistic goals, finishing school and stuff like that. Succeeding in life type stuff but how is having drive and pressured speech the only symptoms and i am told I’m manic by my wife and some others. Maybe it’s just adhd hyperactivity? But idk…I will never take adhd meds again tho unless clonidine. I guess that might help with hyperactivity and in that one safe long term so you all think? Of course I’ll ask my doctor but man doctors don’t give you all the information straight sometimes
how are you sleeping? getting at least 6 hours each night for the past week?

able to cook for yourself and eating, not so distracted that you are not able to take care of yourself like showering etc.

25mg seroquel instant release, 1 hour before falling asleep, will help to get a good 8 hours rest, help quell some anxiety/hyperactivity, without sucking the life from you and feeling soulless

can be used as needed up to a week every day, beyond that can cause some reliance on it for sleep. and dr's are more than happy to prescribe it as a sleep aid

how are you sleeping? getting at least 6 hours each night for the past week?

able to cook for yourself and eating, not so distracted that you are not able to take care of yourself like showering etc.

25mg seroquel instant release, 1 hour before falling asleep, will help to get a good 8 hours rest, help quell some anxiety/hyperactivity, without sucking the life from you and feeling soulless

can be used as needed up to a week every day, beyond that can cause some reliance on it for sleep. and dr's are more than happy to prescribe it as a sleep aid
I exercise every day pretty much for the past tweek and a half so I actually do sleep pretty well.

That’s what’s so confusing to me about this. I don’t have an inflated sense of self worth and I don’t have sleep issues aside from every now and again I’ll get night terrors but other than that no sleep issues.

But it seems like a lot of people think I’m all over the place on bluelight so they seem to think I am manic.

Maybe it’s true…I was diagnosed originally at 17 but didn’t buy it…but they tricked me into being locked in there so kinda didn’t trust them from the jump.

Thank you for the suggestion. If I can get something easy on the organs then I’m fine with that I mean one pill as needed should be good on my organs.

Starting to think that I’ve been blind all my life about this.

I’m 41 now…