What if you took Prozac during your roll?

Rie

Bluelighter
I've heard that taking Prozac after you roll MAY offset some damages. But what do you think would happen if you took it during your roll? I mean Prozac is supposed to raise seretonin levels, so if you took it during your roll, would it be better b/c there was more seretonin for the E to release? Anyone have any ideas/info.
------------------
...Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts...Albert Einstein

Prozac is an SSRI...how it raises seratonin levels is by blocking reuptake of seratonin after it has been releases, making it stick around longer, not by stimulating any additional seratonin production or releasing already present seratonin. Problem is, the place where the SSRI plugs in to prevent seratonin reuptake is the same place the E enters to stimulate the seratonin release in the first place. So popping Prozac before all the E enters your system would actually inhibit your roll. That's why people who take an SSRI regularly usually can't roll well...the E won't get in.
frown.gif

------------------
If it's orange and fuzzy, it's FoXy....

Thanks FoX! I wasn't really sure about the whole thing. . ..Now I know I'll stick to taking it on my non-E days and only after the roll. Thanks again!!!
------------------
...Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts...Albert Einstein

OOPS AGAIN! DAMN THESE DOUBLE POSTS!!!!!
[This message has been edited by FoX (edited 21 December 1999).]

Now in theory if you're on your way down but not completely done rolling popping a 'zac should lengthen the roll (since all the E's already in you can safely clog up the reuptake spots). Now, since I'm a dumbass and always leave my 'zac at home I've never tested this...anybody have any good experience with when is opportune to poastload with 'zac?
------------------
If it's orange and fuzzy, it's FoXy....