• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What if pregabalin is the only thing that takes me out of depression

Yes make a substance like it. Horizont I heard was a extended release version of gabapentin. But gabapentin hardly does anything for me anymore. I get prescribed by one doc 600 mg three times a day of gabapentin. And then from my psych I get 100 mg of lyrica. Unfortunately this month I ran low on klonopin and I had to use 90 lyrica in four days just to keep the withdrawals away.

The Friday before I got my script my truck got stolen. So I was paranoid that someone was after me while going through kpin withdrawal. So I know it has its purpose but I wished they created something that was sedating yet stimulating at the same time like pregabalin. By far it beats phenibut and gabapentin. Baclofen hardly did anything. But I'm all ears.

Thank you for shedding more light on the issue.

You have problems taking medication as prescribed.

If you're prescribed Klonopin and you take it as prescribed, you don't run low on it.

If you didn't overtake your Klonopin, you wouldn't have to overtake your pregabalin to prevent benzo withdrawal.

Sorry about being a hard-ass, but I'll reiterate what I said in response to your first post, hell yes, you need to go inpatient and be reevaluated. If you cannot adhere to how your medications are prescribed, you have major issues, and it's not that pregabalin is the only drug that breaks you out of depression.

You are abusing benzodiazepines, that causes depression. You're also most likely using or abusing recreational drugs since you're on this forum.

I think you need to do maybe medically in the hospital, a detox from all of your non-prescription medications. Then I think you need to have your entire set of psych meds reevaluated in the context of being honest with your psych docs, and telling them that you munch on your prescriptions like pez.

Take your meds the way they're prescribed, try that for a minute.

If you can't do that, you do need to go inpatient.

This is a very old thread and I doubt the creator to be still lurking around but if then I'd recommend to look into ketamine therapy for refractory depression. Pregabalin on high dosages behaves like a stimulating dissociative and ketamine is a dissociative which works for many cases if therapy resistant depression. Unlike pregabalin it's tolerance curve is different and allows much time for effects when used once or twice a week. Unfortunately it's pretty ripoff expensive when not covered by insurance.

This is a very old thread and I doubt the creator to be still lurking around but if then I'd recommend to look into ketamine therapy for refractory depression. Pregabalin on high dosages behaves like a stimulating dissociative and ketamine is a dissociative which works for many cases if therapy resistant depression. Unlike pregabalin it's tolerance curve is different and allows much time for effects when used once or twice a week. Unfortunately it's pretty ripoff expensive when not covered by insurance.
Yeah, I realize somebody other than me brought it back from the dead.

Im prescribed lyrica, 90 ×50mg pills every four weeks. I use them recreational as a supplement with other substances. Lyrica goes great with everything. I share them out with my mates and usually there gone within a couple of days so tolerance isn't an issue for me thankfully. Ive heard anecdotally that withdrawal symptoms from lyrica are as bad, if not worse than benzos. Anyone whos experienced benzo withdrawal will tell you that its hellish