• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What happens when the affects of mango last longer than anticipated

Lavapocalypse

Greenlighter
I'm no stranger to using mangoes to enhance my high. The fruits are pretty well known for a high ß-myrcene concentration (a chemical that, for those who don't know, allows more THC to pass through the blood-brain barrier, making you feel higher from less cannabis than usual), and I regularly eat whole mangoes in for breakfast or snacks because they're pretty delicious. Today at around 11 AM, I had a mango for breakfast. At around 5 PM, I wound up eating half of a very strong edible (a brownie with about 100mg THC total). I've eaten half of these brownies before, resulting in a very strong high that lasts for hours. Generally speaking, they're a pretty good time. What I didn't anticipate, however, was that the effects of the mango I'd eaten in the morning would still be an issue for me to consider. I wound up completely overstimulated. Noises sounded metallic, making most of my friends appear quite robotic. My mouth tasted off, not to mention how incredibly dry it was. I was both hungry and rendered unable to eat, because whenever my eyes were open the whole room spun and made me nauseous. Everything felt like it was moving too fast for me, and I was experiencing a great deal of visual snow. I was hyper aware of the feeling of clothing against my skin, and it wasn't nice. My chest felt like it was burning, despite me not having smoked anything, but the rest of me was freezing cold (or numb? It was incredibly hard to tell). All sounds were muffled, and I was terrified of having to interact with the various members of my family that were home. I wound up having to lie down for a good two hours and try to focus on my friends' conversation before I felt okay again (All in all, the brownie lasted almost 5 hours). Bottom line: While effective, mangoes are very strong and lasted for an unprecedented amount of time. Be careful! Party on =D

I think You might be attributing too much of this experience to the mangoes. It sounds like you ate a really strong edible and got more than you bargained for. You said yourself that half a brownie produced a very strong high in the past, so it's not surprising at all that a full brownie would make you feel the way it did. This kind of thing happens to lots of people actually, especially when it comes to edibles.

Do you smoke often? Because what it sounds like is that, you ingested quite a large dose, not thinking anything of it. Edibles are quite powerful when they start to kick in. So the high probably overwhelmed you just a little too much, and because you had eaten mango, that would have topped it off.

I smoke daily for the most part but use edibles due to asthma when my coughing gets too bad. Generally speaking, when I eat half of one of these brownies I get pretty high, but nothing I'm unable to handle. I've consumed edibles many times before, and I'm well aware of how potent they could be.