• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

What Happens if You're Caught Getting Drugs in the Mail?

poledriver

Bluelighter
What Happens if You're Caught Getting Drugs in the Mail?

Imagine this scenario: you've bought yourself a ten-pack of pills from a vendor on a dark net. But instead of getting a bargain bag of Dutch MDMA delivered by the postman, you get a visit from the police. If you're one of the rising number of Australians—according to the Global Drug Survey—who have bought drugs on the dark net in the past year, this is probably your worst nightmare.

On the face of it, ordering drugs off the dark net is a lot safer than buying in person, both for your health and your criminal record. Most dark net markets have user feedback rankings just like Amazon, which encourage reputable vendors to ensure their wares are (usually) a lot better quality than what you'd buy off some dude in a club. And the anonymity provided by the TOR browser and PGP encryption means your online movements are a lot harder to crack than barely-coded back and forth text messages.

But even so, sometimes that bag of pingers you bought with Bitcoin doesn't turn up at your front door. Sometimes it will get stopped at Customs. So are you going to get hauled away by the cops, or is it just not worth it for the already clearly busy Border Protection forces?

Brisbane nurse Peter Nash knows first hand what happens when the authorities find out you've been dealing with a dark net market. He was a moderator on the Silk Road discussion forums, which were associated with but separate from the original Silk Road.

When the main site was taken down by the FBI in late 2013, Peter was caught up in an international sweep of site administrators, and extradited to the US where he served 17 months in a US prison awaiting trial on conspiracy and money laundering charges. Despite the fact he was never involved in actually selling any drugs. Luckily for Peter he was eventually released with time served.

Peter told me that during his time as a forum moderator on Silk Road "there were often panicked posts from people who had been contacted or raided by the police following a shipment going missing." Most of the time, though, he assumed prosecutions rarely resulted from interceptions of small quantities.

"Sometimes people would get called in for a 'chat' with the police; however, the impression I was given from what I read on the forums was that in most situations the police were not that interested in pursuing matters that rigorously," he said. "The few Australian cases where people have been successfully prosecuted for ordering drugs from dark net markets, they've mostly been busted due to their activities in the real world and not their online activities."

In a handful of odd cases where people were caught, Peter said they'd just ignore letters from the court and keep on ordering stuff to their home address, pretending as though nothing was wrong.

CONT -

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/what-happens-if-youre-caught-receiving-drugs-in-the-mail

I live in Australia and have been using the DNMs for the past 4 or so years . I believe it to way safer with a much better quality than scoring from the " street " , although one should be aware of the dangers of purchasing from other countries , thus involving customs ....

I have had no problems at all when buying from domestic vendors , and this is how I would always go in future . I think this is the way to go , and it avoids any possible rudeness from Customs or Australia Post inspectors and dogs , etc , .

Nevertheless I have also purchased blotters and tablets from international vendors , thus encountering problems of non delivery .... I suspect that because of the small quantities involved my mail was simply discarded and binned by Customs because they are not worth prosecuting .
But some vendors are stupid - I got lucky I guess with my first purchase from the Netherlands as it coincided with Xmas mail deluge , but was horrified to see it sent in a padded envelope .... my next package from that vendor was nabbed ; probably because of the padded envelope , which I had asked not to be used .

Also , I think the country of origin may be of significance to customs - e.g nothing from Canada ever gets delivered , not even blotters in plain envelopes .

Nowadays the DNMs have a multitude of superb local vendors with 24 hour delivery , so purchasing from other countries is unnecessary , The quality is better than I can find myself locally and the prices are great . There seems to be a bit of competition among the DNM vendors locally which is also good news for buyers .
The DNMs work for me [ local vendors only ] and I will continue to support them .

There are undercover police officers pretending to be vendors. If you are one of these unlucky folks to purchase from them, they will show up with your "shit" along with 4 of their police buddies. They wait for you to open the package. Instead of your drugs in the package, it is a silent alarm that notifies the police waiting outside that you opened the package. They come stormin in and arrest you...simple as that. They generally go after people buying mass quantities, recently happened to a kid that bought a bunch of ecstacy. Yes, you will get arrested. They could pin you with a felony because you are using the us postal service to recieve illegal substances, as well as a posession charge, which could also be a felony depending on what drug you purchased.

^^^I read about that happening. It also happens when you import illegal contraband of any sort, not just drugs....and only if they actually can confirm what it is.

Yeah anything having to do with mail, especially crossing borders or state lines will get you federal charges.

really depends on the evidence that the cops have. alot of the times the sting starts from the source of your drugs. its hard to prove that you actually intended to receive drugs if a random package shows up at your door, unless they have emails or texts between you and your vendor.

I know somebody who sighed for a package of pot sent from Denver. Once he signed the d
US Marshells jumped out of explores and arrested him.

its also worth noting that if you are from australia and order from an international vendor and your stuff never turns up there is a decent chance you have been "selectively scammed". there is this perception in other countries that our customs is super tight on an international level but for powders in normal business envelopes under 5g this just is not the case, they are not scanned and the quantity of traffic is too high for the percentage to be significant in terms of sniffer dogs or something detecting stuff like blotter/k/ w/e.

Australia in top three for online drugs

skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg

Australia remains a major market for illicit drugs on the dark web despite the FBI's aggressive move to shut down leading illegal online drug emporium Silk Road and the life jail sentence handed to its US mastermind.

A new study by Rand Corp Europe compared the e-commerce platforms used by sellers and buyers of cocaine, heroin, amphetamines and other drugs on the dark web to mainstream legal sites like Amazon.com.

Australia has the third highest number of vendors selling drugs on the secretive cryptomarkets, just behind the US and the UK and ahead of Germany and the Netherlands.

"Cryptomarkets essentially work similarly to online e-commerce platforms, such as Amazon, but they require encryption software to access and payment in bitcoins," Stijn Hoorens, a research leader at RAND Europe and one of the report's authors, said.

The study found since Silk Road was closed in 2013 online transactions for cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, cannabis, ecstasy and other drugs in new dark web markets have tripled and revenues doubled.

Illicit drugs sold on cryptomarkets were dominated by cannabis (37 per cent), stimulants like cocaine and amphetamines (29 per cent) and ecstasy-type drugs (19 per cent).

Cryptomarkets were dominated by vendors from the US (35.9 per cent of total drug revenues), the UK (16.1 per cent), Australia (10.6 per cent), Germany (8.4 per cent) and the Netherlands (7.1 per cent).

American Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht, 32, who went by the nickname Dread Pirate Roberts, was sentenced in a New York court to life in prison last year.

Queenslander Peter Nash, 43, a prison counsellor who worked as a moderator on the Silk Road site, was sentenced by a New York judge to time served in May last year after spending more than a year in custody.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...ee-for-online-drugs.html#sthash.QkITwVV8.dpuf

There are undercover police officers pretending to be vendors. If you are one of these unlucky folks to purchase from them, they will show up with your "shit" along with 4 of their police buddies. They wait for you to open the package. Instead of your drugs in the package, it is a silent alarm that notifies the police waiting outside that you opened the package. They come stormin in and arrest you...simple as that.

That's probably entrapment though in most of the world outside the usa. I never fear reverse stings in Canada because they can't do it here. Actually I was surprised to see that on those "cops" shows, where they pretend to be dealers and bust anyone who falls for it.

Nevertheless I have also purchased blotters and tablets from international vendors , thus encountering problems of non delivery .... I suspect that because of the small quantities involved my mail was simply discarded and binned by Customs because they are not worth prosecuting .
But some vendors are stupid - I got lucky I guess with my first purchase from the Netherlands as it coincided with Xmas mail deluge , but was horrified to see it sent in a padded envelope .... my next package from that vendor was nabbed ; probably because of the padded envelope , .

The rate of success of packages sent from NL has always been low, since long before dark web. When I was in Amsterdam in 2001 a bunch of Aussies in the hostel i was staying at were mailing stuff back home, or trying to. Customs agents know drugs come from Holland, its always going to be a shit place to order from. There is no excuse in borderless EU not to send from a different country, drive that shit to France and mail it you will have a better chance it gets thru. It's like not mailing it from Colorado. Seems like common sense to me, but half these "highly rated vendors" have no clue or don't care.

man that is a lot of crystal in that pic...or whatever it is. if you have the money you can gert some serious quantity and just about anything you want. was a shame nucleus exit scammed, on 4/20 too, not that 420 mean shit to me, but they did it on the day they knew tons of ppl would be ordering.

I'd imagine the majority of DNM's will end in an exit scam - just the nature of the beast.

I just watched a program on netgeo called to catch a smuggler. They was finding drugs in the mail at customs, they would just take the drugs and destroy them.