• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What happens if you drink and then take psychs?

michael_1992

Bluelighter
I have thought about drinking before a trip to take off some anticipation anxiety or maybe make it more euphoric- do you think this would be good? I have heard conflicting info online- with some people saying that combining the two could lead to a bad experience, but with others saying that they mix well. Also- would alcohol work as a substitute for benzos in calming a bad trip?

I would be talking about maybe only 2 beers and a moderate dose of shrooms (not higher than an eighth).

I drank a water bottle full of whiskey while tripping on 25i-nBOME what a horrible idea. It did take away any anxiety that I had but it also took away my ability to feel anything at all... physically anyways. Just make sure you don't go overboard. Anything acid like removes your ability to taste things quite how they are so you might get carried away and drink more than expected, not sure if that's the case with shrooms though, I've forgotten how food was while on it.

I like to drink a beer or two in the first hour or so of L trips these days.

There have been occasions where I have drank 10 or more beers while tripping, I think acid and beer go together fairly well in my experience.

For LSD 2 beers just before dropping always worked a treat for me. Comeup anxiety is drastically reduced and you get comeup euphoria instead. With LSA this didn't work nearly as well and I felt the beers enhanced the nausea. I'd imagine shrooms would also mix less well with beer than LSD...

Drinking a beer or two on the come-up is a very good idea... I would highly recommend it.

I used to always drink a few beers with shrooms..kinda makes it a smooth trip in a way without taking away from the experience..i just wouldnt get wasted but 2 beers sounds good

Drunkenness is the opposite of mind-expansion. I discourage combining alcohol with psychedelics because I think you miss out on a lot of the magic of PDs when you do. Have you ever noticed how idiotic drunks are when you're tripping?

I don't always follow my own advice though, and sometimes enjoy a beer or two here and there during a trip, depending on the drug and context. it definitely takes the edge off, and can make it easier to hang out with non-tripping people. I like a drink towards the end of an acid trip because it helps me to wind down. Alcohol seems to combine really well with 2C-D.

Drunkenness is the opposite of mind-expansion. I discourage combining alcohol with psychedelics because I think you miss out on a lot of the magic of PDs when you do. Have you ever noticed how idiotic drunks are when you're tripping?

I don't always follow my own advice though, and sometimes enjoy a beer or two here and there during a trip, depending on the drug and context. it definitely takes the edge off, and can make it easier to hang out with non-tripping people. I like a drink towards the end of an acid trip because it helps me to wind down. Alcohol seems to combine really well with 2C-D.

I get where you are coming from Pdawn but if you keep it to a few it seems to smooth things out for me. It makes an LSD experience a little lighter and more hilarious than it already is. I agree with you for the most part but psychs always ramp up my anxiety. I find alcohol better than benzos or phenibut for the most part for psychs. I don't think it takes away from the experience too much unless you are actually drunk.

Definitely don't combine alcohol with 4-aco-dmt. Just one sip and I vomit. I used to think it was just the shrooms but now I think it's more just that type of chemical that makes me nauseous.

Yeah I trust alchohol more than benzos for sure. It creeps me out to have benzos around because they can be lethal, so I just don't ever have them. Someone's probably gonna be saying "yeah but booze can be lethal too.." yeah obviously, but it's harder to accidentally OD on beers or even a bottle of tequila than a bottle of pills.

I think you're right about booze making the LSD lighter and more hilarious, it takes away some of the gravity and seriousness of it. It just changes the experience, in a way that's fun but maybe less insightful. Good for parties though. Less good for those life-changing connecting-to-the-divine types of trips.

A couple of beers won't hurt but I once took mushrooms at a metal festival when I was already piss-drunk (I was young, depressed and stupid) and had a well deserved nightmare trip where I finally came to myself outside the festival gates without my ticket, money or anything. Probably kicked off the festivalgrounds for being an idiot- I don't remember anything.
A waste of the mushroom's power, it was disrespectful, don't do it.

I took HBWR seeds after drink 6-7 beers and it drastically reduced the come up anxiety. Didn't do much for the nausea, if anything made it worst. After I puked I had a pretty good trip, up until the point my straight edge anti-drug girlfriend came home and noticed I was tripping. She started telling me that I was going to die and go to hell, then left and told me she was going to die in a car crash.

I would say that was probably the worst trip ive had so far. I wasn't in the mindset to be tripping in the first place, and legitimately tried to hang myself in my bathroom after she told me all that and left.

I stay single now. Lol.

I took HBWR seeds after drink 6-7 beers and it drastically reduced the come up anxiety. Didn't do much for the nausea, if anything made it worst. After I puked I had a pretty good trip, up until the point my straight edge anti-drug girlfriend came home and noticed I was tripping. She started telling me that I was going to die and go to hell, then left and told me she was going to die in a car crash.

I would say that was probably the worst trip ive had so far. I wasn't in the mindset to be tripping in the first place, and legitimately tried to hang myself in my bathroom after she told me all that and left.

I stay single now. Lol.
Wow, what a bitch. That's a real scumbag move. If somebody ever spoke to me like that while I was tripping I would break them. I would have torn into her so deeply she probably would have killed herself in a car crash that night. If she came home then I'd have spiked her with a heroic dose of 2C-E.

One time I was arguing over something silly with my so-called best friend while I was tripping nuts on 2C-E (he was sober). All of a sudden he became angry and very abusive. I tried to calm him down but I quickly lost my patience. The vitriol started flowing off my tongue and I had him in tears in about a minute. Even his brother (who was there but wasn't even part of the argument) started bawling. These are two grown men BTW (26 and 34).

Psychedelics make me feel very happy, euphoric and sociable but also more indignant and extremely intolerant to bullshit. God help you if you interrupt my good time by cussing me out or trying to fight me, especially if it's LSD I'm tripping on and alcohol/sedatives are also involved.

drink on the comedown, phenibut is much better to combine with psych's. much much better.

Yeah I have known 3 different cases myself and 2 friends who had bad.trips due to drinking and.tripping. we are hardcore drinkers so just take it light I recommend weed instead for anxiety.
You can never go wrong there, it's just the unpleasant bad side effects from Alcohol that mess up a trip. It amplifies them extremely

I love drinking with AL-LAD but I find that AL-LAD is a very recreational PD.

Festival port of pottys are gnarly while tripping and being drunk means you have to pee. I have almost puked my brains out several times cause I had too pee in a nasty festival toilet and was under the influence of drugs that increased my sensory awareness, especially my sense of smell.

It is an exceptionally fine line. A few drinks, especially if you are accustomed to having a few drinks, can ease the transition into the psychedelic state; if you are a confirmed alcoholic, it is practically necessary to avoid nasty panic states; but going beyond a baseline level of intoxication, you can really lose control in quite a dangerous way. Many people report that they just simply can't feel alcohol under the influence of psychedelics. True as this may be, the disinhibitory effects are still real. Portion control is the name of the game.

I dislike drinking during the first stages of a trip... a light buzz is okay before you take it but I like it better ultimately without. Alcohol kind of makes things more intense, but in a dirty sort of way, and it can eliminate or make you not notice some of the more subtle and beautiful effects.

Drinking on the plateau/come-down is something I do fairly often, especially on some drugs (DOC comes to mind especially). It's a nice way to wind the trip down and increase the euphoria of the post-psychedelic state. It's good to be careful with alcohol and psychedelics though, too much isn't good. And alcohol decreases your level of control over your emotions and mental state, so it's possible that it could get out of control if something happens.

Oh no it will make the mushrooms mad at you (or some other hippy mumbo jumbo)

Honestly I love drinking on acid but acid is more stimulating and easier on my stomach. The only reason I wouldnt drink on mushrooms is the body load and the lack of energy. Acid makes it so i can never feel drunk and it gives me acid level creativity and awesomeness mixed with the social relaxation of alcohol, its great for parties.

But be careful because you can go over board or the alcohol may not agree with your stomach and could make it worse.

I generally dislike alcohol with tryptamines, not because I think they get mad at me, but just because something about the two states doesn't seem to mix well (not like it feels dangerous, but it doesn't feel nice). I think it works best with lysergamides and some phenethylamines.