• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

what happens if there is too much serotonin in the synapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman04

Bluelighter
Say you have a broken/slow serotonin transporter. What would the effect be on the brain and your mood? Would that cause overactive serotonin receptors ?. what else? When I say too much serotonin I mean TOO MUCH serotonin describing a PERSISTENT, but NOT SEROTONIN-SYNDROME qualified excess. NOT serotonin syndrome, but too much serotonin* over time - where it relates to borderline health issues. Caused by genetics not meds.

Say you have a broken/slow serotonin transporter. What would the effect be on the brain and your mood? Would that cause overactive serotonin receptors ?. what else? When I say too much serotonin I mean TOO MUCH serotonin describing a PERSISTENT, but NOT SEROTONIN-SYNDROME qualified excess. NOT serotonin syndrome, but too much serotonin* over time - where it relates to borderline health issues. Caused by genetics not meds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3963524/

Introduction should lead you to more relevant research. Keep in mind all of these neurotransmitter systems are intertwined and cannot be isolated to specific behaviors. That link happened to have quite a lot of human studies cited.

Bluelight is a forum for community discussion, not a personalized medical diagnostic service.

Status
Not open for further replies.