• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What happens if I come up positive on a drug test at therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien47

Bluelighter
I just started my first therapy session yesterday and they told me I was going to be drug tested every week during my appointment now if I come up positive on my test for drugs what would they do would they do nothing 24hr watch increase my appointments per week put me into an inpatient session tell my parents (I'm 17) I know there's confidentiality with me and the doctor unless I threaten to kill someone or myself but pls I was just wondering I mean I want to quit I chose this but as I'm sure most if not all of u know it's hard to resist using when u have the chance to and I don't want one use to fuck me and land me in inpatient or something thank you for your help I really do appreciate it thx ?

Your best bet is to ask them as it would probably vary hugely region to region and even case to case.

You're a minor so my guess is your parents would be told. As far as confidence that might mean what is said stays private during your sessions. I might be wrong though

We do not allow testing questions as stated in the BLUA. You are at the formative years of your life so its essential that you understand this, anything you do at this point in your life will have a direct and long lasting effect on your future. I am not saying its easy to do this as I am sure none of us were perfect at everything but you should do your best to respect your families wishes. In the end and possibly within 10 years the people you call friends acquaintances etc, will be long gone, girlfriends forgotten and good times passed... In the end the only thing that really does stick around is parents they are the ones that will bail you out of jail and they are the only ones who, for the most part, can not sever ties with you as blood is the only thing that does not change.

I ask that you reevaluate your priorities as this behavior will lead to a harder road down the line. I know "wanting to quit" and the process of getting there (former heroin addict) so I am not judging you for a slip up just saying, its a damn shame that mistakes when your young follow you through life in an age of computers bu that is what happens. You do not want to be branded mentally unstable or anything silly and spend your life trying to show otherwise. Good luck with everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.