• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals What Happened To The Entheogen Review?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Why did they stop? Did Jon Ott just get too burnt out on it all? I’d love to know more.

-GC

Wow, I have my 4 copies from 1999. I just pulled them out of my magazine bin from the past just 2 days ago. I also have first editions of a lot of the entheogen books including Pharmacotheon by Ott.

I love Johnathon Ott. Very honest I love how he called opiates "smart drugs" lol. But last I heard a person he let stay at his home in Mexico got mad and burned his stuff. THen left for Columbia? Not sure and I don't want to start rumors. I just pieced together my own research and realize it may only be partly true. I really only believe what a person says themselves. But that is all I got. I thought it was a coincidence that you mention the Entheogen Review as I just pulled out a few copies.

@mdx92129, any info you get and want to put out would be beyond appreciated. Info like that is gold when people are searching past BL posts for knowledge. The amount of detail Johnathon Ott puts in his books are like the encyclopedia of plants and what they contain. Ayahuasca Analogs is so valuable too. Such detailed documentation.

Tell Morris (and Ott if you see him) that we Love them and are thankful for their work.

I’d love to sit down with Morris’ scrawny ass and pick his brain. I used to talk so much shit about that guy after I watched the Sapo Documentary, but I feel the psychedelics truly have changed him from that moment to now. I now hold him in high regard and feel he’s done a lot for the community as a whole. Good dude.

But going back to why he annoys me sometimes, I noticed when he scored the interview with Alexander Shulgin way back that he did so in kind of a sneaky way. Can’t remember how but he’s good at weaseling into an interview lol.

If I could ever speak to Ott though, that would be a fucking trip. That guy is MY idol. At least in the ethnobotanical side of his life, can’t say I know tons more than that. Since I was a kid I remember reading his work. There used to even be a psychedelic music artist I loved named Ott, he’s probably still around just don’t see him much these days.

-GC

New album is coming very soon <3

My first electronic music show ever was Ott and I think Phutureprimitive opened for him. I miss psychedelic electronic like that, my area is all DnB, dubstep/dub and riddim these days :/

I’ll give the new album a look!

-GC

Hope Jonathan Ott is doing alright, AFAIK he went dark a couple of years ago and hasn't done any interviews or uploaded any new content ever since.
The people who burned his house down are truly fucking evil...

I'm meeting Morris in Summer and am going to probe him more about Ott, he's one of my idols.
Morris is a brilliant chemist and journalist and he has done a lot of great work through his podcasts, interviews, documentaries, etcetera. No clue how you got the opportunity to speak with him, but make the most of it.

EDIT: Found a pdf of every publication of The Entheogen Review on Archive.org. 2000 pages so I'll be adding this one to the reading list backlog.

Last edited:
Morris is a brilliant chemist and journalist and he has done a lot of great work through his podcasts, interviews, documentaries, etcetera. No clue how you got the opportunity to speak with him, but make the most of it.

EDIT: Found a pdf of every publication of The Entheogen Review on Archive.org. 2000 pages so I'll be adding this one to the reading list backlog.
downloaded the epub, thanks

There used to even be a psychedelic music artist I loved named Ott, he’s probably still around just don’t see him much these days.

-GC
I always wondered if Ott named himself after Jonathan...?

I always wondered if Ott named himself after Jonathan...?

Yea me too! I’m gonna bet that he probably did given the psychedelic vibe his music has.. I miss seeing him. That was my first electronic music show, Ott and Phutureprimitive.

-GC