• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What happened to 5-mapb?

white55

Bluelighter
I know it was banned in China which was a big producer, but it was well received and is still legal in many countries. I mean many chems were banned in China but they are still kicking around (2c-c, 2c-d, 2c-e, 2c-p, 4-fa, doc, 2-mmc, 3-mmc, a-php, a-pvp, butyr-fent, phenazepam (although Russia and other former Soviet states are likely the source of a lot of it since it is their benzo), ethylphenidate, mdai, amt, a whole bunch of noids (ok, lots of these are garbage, but i'm sure there are some good ones too), mxe (well it's not really common in the eu anymore since it's illegal here too, but it can be found from us vendors...), 5-meo-mipt and 5-meo-dmt make an appearance often enough (5-meo-mipt has gotten rarer but 5-meo-dmt was never very common to begin with anyway).

Then there is the crazy obsession with bringing back 2-fma which I don't understand at all. Sure it was/is a good functional stimulant, but so are 4f-mph, iph, 4me-mph, 2-fa, and so on. But most stimulants used in low doses and using correct roas can be very functional and many are more recreational anyway.

However 5-mapb which is/mas much better, quite unique and has no real 5-mapb substitute*... ok 6-mapb would be one but is even harder to make than 5-mapb so good luck with that (funny enough, it's actually legal in China). And yet nobody seems to care that much about it's disappearance.

Making it even weirder is that a lot of shit (25i-nbome, mpa, 3-cmc, 4f-pvp, a-pvt, 5-meo-dalt, 3,4-ctmp, ..) got banned in China at the same time and yet there is no shortage of it. Or maybe there is no shortage because it's so bad nobody wants to buy it.

*5 and 6 apb are still kicking around but they are more of an mda substitute than a 5-mapb substitute.

There is of course mdma but some people preferred 5-mapb and if mdma and mda were the undisputed champions we wouldn't have 5-apb and 6-apb and so on anyway....

it's out there -- you just have to look hard

there are several online vendors

a reliable vendor is currently sold out of 5-MAPB -- but has loads of 5-APB

One issue with 5-MAPB is that it metabolizes to 5-APB (at least in rats)

higher doses -- who knows

I know it was banned in China which was a big producer, but it was well received and is still legal in many countries. I mean many chems were banned in China but they are still kicking around (2c-c, 2c-d, 2c-e, 2c-p, 4-fa, doc, 2-mmc, 3-mmc, a-php, a-pvp, butyr-fent, phenazepam (although Russia and other former Soviet states are likely the source of a lot of it since it is their benzo), ethylphenidate, mdai, amt, a whole bunch of noids (ok, lots of these are garbage, but i'm sure there are some good ones too), mxe (well it's not really common in the eu anymore since it's illegal here too, but it can be found from us vendors...), 5-meo-mipt and 5-meo-dmt make an appearance often enough (5-meo-mipt has gotten rarer but 5-meo-dmt was never very common to begin with anyway).

Then there is the crazy obsession with bringing back 2-fma which I don't understand at all. Sure it was/is a good functional stimulant, but so are 4f-mph, iph, 4me-mph, 2-fa, and so on. But most stimulants used in low doses and using correct roas can be very functional and many are more recreational anyway.

However 5-mapb which is/mas much better, quite unique and has no real 5-mapb substitute*... ok 6-mapb would be one but is even harder to make than 5-mapb so good luck with that (funny enough, it's actually legal in China). And yet nobody seems to care that much about it's disappearance.

Making it even weirder is that a lot of shit (25i-nbome, mpa, 3-cmc, 4f-pvp, a-pvt, 5-meo-dalt, 3,4-ctmp, ..) got banned in China at the same time and yet there is no shortage of it. Or maybe there is no shortage because it's so bad nobody wants to buy it.

*5 and 6 apb are still kicking around but they are more of an mda substitute than a 5-mapb substitute.

There is of course mdma but some people preferred 5-mapb and if mdma and mda were the undisputed champions we wouldn't have 5-apb and 6-apb and so on anyway....

5-mapb mostly international ive seen. 5-mapb is nice is wanting no stimulation which is a fabulous option if not wanting stimulation. Lets face it, some nights would rather stay in and be couched locked doing massages feeling happy than having excess energy.

The cardiotoxicity of 5-MAPB is something to thing about... Far more heart stressing than XTC

At a small dose of even 30mg I can tell that it can be hard on the heart, be careful with chasing that one down.

The cardiotoxicity of 5-MAPB is something to thing about... Far more heart stressing than XTC

I dont think so. I dont know how this got started. can you back it up with science? Ive studied 5-mapb in and out, check out the big and dandy 5mapb threads

Some say because its a benzofuran, this can be said of 5-apb and 6-apb and all obviously benzofuran's

I'm not buying the cardiotoxicity without some actual studies. I guess it is as bad as mdma or any other drug that acts on 5ht2b receptors but unless you are using it all the time (which you shouldn't be doing) it shouldn't be any worse than mdma/mda/6-apb/5-apb/.....