View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What happened. 40mg 4-ACO-MET with 10mg vaped DMT

DMTShroom1986

Bluelighter
Had a very strange thing happen last night and still can’t get my head round it. I was 2 hours in to a 40mg 4-ACO-MET and decided to vape 10mg DMT mixed with mullein. First toke I got the typical low dose DMT effects, same with the second. About 15 mins later I to a third toke and not much happenend.

About 5 mins later I got some really scary feeling of something very wrong and that I broke something. The world went 2D and I have the feeling of being trapped much like a high dose salvia trip, due to the delayed response it was really scary and I couldn’t shake the feeling that my brain had glitched and I was broken. After about 2 mins but what felt like an eternity I returned to normal.

what I experienced was more like an NDE an not a lot like hyperspace at all. My visual field went cartoony and unrecognisable.

I consider my self experienced with the classic and research chem psychedelics but the delayed reaction to this and feeling of being trapped or broken really rocked and confused me.

Today I feel great and almost reborn, I appreciated combos can have unexpected effects but this was very odd. I am trying to rationalise that I just got hyperslapped and have even more respect but the alien experience with visuals like nothing I have experienced from any tryptamine scared me. I was more like a K-Hole than anything else but with the feeling of dying.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar with low dose vaped DMT in combos?

The DMT is pure white precip that was extracted from MHRB. And the only strange thing I have been doing recently is using skate liver oil to clean my pineal gland.

The kinetics on this are peculiar, but other than that it just seems to fall in the regular range of effects. I'm certainly familiar with the themes you describe and when using tryptamines like these, something like a meditative effect can really be a major trigger for such an episode because of the immersion (breakthrough experience), and seem delayed. And yes, tryptamines like those usually involve mortality themes for me compared to K-holes, yes. Par for the course.

I think you are expressing many cues that point to the dissociation involved in breakthrough experiences like that and that this dissociation played a vital role in your otherworldly episode.

FWIW: I can't find solid references for that pineal gland decalcification business, I don't think there is any reason to think it's directly involved, especially since how much is based on a house of cards made up of assumptions. It really seems like a lot of wishful thinking, marketing ploys n snake oil...

Possibly it would be interesting to investigate 'priming' for you.

Hi Solipsis, I hear you. I take the skate oil as I have noticed an overall health improvement but the strange thing is that the first two weeks I took the oil everyday I had some of the worse headaches ever and now my dreams are a lot more vivid and mental clarity is much better. Again as you say unlikely related I just wanted to make sure everyone had all the facts around changes I have made.

thanks for the response, the thing is dispite the harrowing experience I was taking another toke within 20 mins, back on the horse and all that. It has just further peaked my curiosity :)

I will say that the 4-ACO-MET and DMT were interesting together. I will be aiming for a break through next time without the combo.

Not sure about the delayed reaction but this sounds like the general weird alien feelings from tryptamines. I get all sorts of weird electrical shock sensations, vibrations and buzzing sounds/feelings with shrooms and or DMT. I have learnt to trust in the experience but it can be difficult at times. I don't get this with phenethylamines though.

Thanks for sharing your story, DMTShroom1986. :) I would have to agree with Solipsis and headfuck123, it really just sounds like typical strong tryptamine effects to me, probably brought out of the 4-AcO-MET briefly via the effect of the DMT.

I find your comparison to salvia particularly telling.... For me, salvia is the most direct route to this specific sort of altered state you describe, but it can be equally reached by psychedelics, dissociatives, and other novel hallucinogenic drugs like the amanita mushrooms or cannabis when combined with deep meditation. In fact, there are even specific visual hallucinations that I get consistently when I'm in this state of mind, filtered through whatever other hallucinogenic effects the drug may have which may add some flair to them but they still remain clearly the same underneath it all, regardless of which substance or type of substance gets me to that state; they largely present as abstract arrangements of stereotyped human body imagery, like tessellated theater mask-like faces, spiraling tunnels of arms all reaching out at me, full bodies linked in helix chain patterns by having one arm reached up to grab the ankle of the next, and so on, along with some general perceptual changes like altered depth perception, illusory motion, and flashing white lights. As you describe, it very much has that stereotypical near-death experience sort of feel to it.... That's part of why I think it's not really surprising to me that it could be caused by so many different substances, it's simply one of those human programs that could be brought out by many things by just probing the right neurotransmitter systems.

I will say, for the record, while I completely understand what you mean by saying you felt "stuck", I actually haven't felt that way in a long time on either salvia or any of these other substances that can get me to that same state. Like headfuck123 said, after so many experiences I sort of just learned to go with the flow and not fight anything.... As soon as I did, suddenly it became easier and easier and easier to fully let go into those sort of dissociative states the more I did it, and over time it basically stopped feeling aversive in any way except for during the most difficult trips, but even then the headspace is different, more just like a "this is ridiculous but I can get through it" kind of feeling. I've actually come to really like those experiences, specifically because even when they are really heavy and difficult like that they can be incredibly healing after the fact, like how you describe feeling reborn the next day, and especially if you really give into them during the trip itself, then it can be downright orgasmic, sometimes literally :D and also lead to all kinds of fascinating transpersonal or out-of-body experiences like you'd expect from the stereotypical near-death experience state. That's just my perspective on the matter, anyway.... I've pretty much gotten to the point where I always want to have that kind of effect during my trips, on psychedelics or anything really, and eagerly look for those specific kinds of visuals I described that are always present during it as a sign that I'm on the right track.

Just some food for thought....

Thanks Kaleida,

I feel privileged to have 3 BL heavy weights to help me make sense of it. I have had serveral oh shit moments before but this one will stay with me for a while. Just wanted to report back as what ever it was it has removed a blockage of some kind and I have had a great week being high on life. Also my hppd has gone almost overnight. I have tried a number of 4-subs and phens this year, more than in my lifetime due to availability and discovering these great molecules and was worried I was over doing it every two weeks for sometime.

I owe you all some trip reports and need to sit down and write them out, my most rewarding experience to date was 2C-C and 2C-D combo’d at 45mg each gave me my only ever plus 4 in the true sense. I really underestimated it at a festival, but being able to slow down time and wind my visuals backwards was insane. Was sat in a meditative state under a tree in the pouring rain in a state of utter bliss.

I am just getting my feet wet with DMT and I am saving my 5-MEO-DMT for when I get the calling. 4-ACO-MALT is next on the list in a month.