• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What exactly does PCP do and how bad for you is it both short and long term?

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey BL,
I am an experienced user of Dissociative drugs, done all the popular ones K, DXM, N02 aswell as a few RC dissociatives. However, to my understanding PCP is quiet unique in a sense it is unpredictable and very bad for you. In my research and even here on BL people are like "Stay away from PCP" and what not. Im just wandering what has earnt PCP this stigma? How dangerous is it and what side effects does it incur in the both short term and long term? I have never had the opportunity to talk to someone who has used it as I live in Australia and PCP is almost unheard of here. Also what is the trip like similar to any of the popular dissociative drugs?

I have never used PCP but have experience with analogues like 3-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCE.

Surely part of the stigma must be that most info people have on PCP (disproportionately) comes from horrible news stories about manic psychosis and disturbing consequences like a user attacking people and resisting arrest with 'superhuman' bezerker strength, or cannibalism, etc.
So yes, news stories tend to report on that and not on the guy scrupulously using a known dose of PCP with good and 'safe' result.
Those horribles reports lead a life of their own and produce even more absurd things being imagined and spreaded as urban myth.
Additionally, PCP is notoriously eyeballed via solutions and dipped cigarettes, and confused with formaldehyde as both have the nickname 'embalming fluid' and more of that incredible stupidity. So overdoses are not surprising under such conditions, making matters worse.

The other side of the story is that the reports are based on or a consequence of very real risks: PCP and related compounds are not really forgiving, otherwise the overdosings wouldn't turn out so bad. Reasons for that are probably that they are quite potent dissociatives - highly effective - and also act on dopamine which apparently can lead to mania and basically stimulant psychosis when the doses are not really kept in check.
And there are other issues as well, like the comedown can potentially be pretty rough for some... it can stay in your body for a very long time since it dissolves so well in oils and fats (so fatty tissue in the body), that can lead to chronic effects having an unusual profile / constellation... but how that works exactly is IMO not clear. Buildup of metabolites could lead to partial desensitization (maybe dissociative tolerance but less dopaminergic tolerance, making effects and side-effects shift in a sketchy way), and not being able to detox quickly and well from it can play an extra role in psychotic episodes.
(By the way I also think that people who have general dissociative tolerance could have issues with that since they may require higher doses but are then not tolerant to the dopaminergic effects...)

In the moderate to high dosage range there is also the tricky combination of severe dissociation making you 'absent-minded', amnestic (loss of memory - I guess... anterograde?) and well, a bit zombified or a little petrified... but unlike some other dissociatives, PCP and alike compounds tend to make people stay mobile, so they can still walk around and do weird or dangerous things while mentally they are off to some place else. Definitely a reason to have a sitter present, where ketamine or DXM tend to make a person lie down eventually, and keep to himself.

And finally, the dose-response curve can be a bit steep, steeper than for other dissociatives.

I did find that qua effects 3-MeO-PCP at a not too high dose can feel very peaceful and Zen in an empty way. But it is treacherous, or well better said 'false' if you look closely... Real zen is rather about mindfulness and not mindlessness... but still, both seem to feel like unity and a 'that-ness' which can lead to nothingness.
Anyway, that quality does feel pretty 'pure', less dirty than ketamine and much much less dirty than DXM. But, if you are not careful, also very crazy.

The only first hand experience I know of comes from my friend and my mother. Both smoked weed laced with PCP, and both had horrible experiences. My mother has never done LSD or mushrooms, but she refuses to do any hallucinogenic drug after her experience. She only a few months ago tried pot again for the first time in twenty years at a concert we went to. I've never tried it, but from everything I've heard, its not a good drug.

I have no personal experience with these, but I've watched a couple folks dose up with this stuff. It went kinda like this...

"Hey Q, you wanna try a sherm laced smoke with us?"

"No, you guys are idiots."

"But our dealer said.its just like dmt, you love that stuff!"

"Your dealer is an idiot."

"(I go upstairs to cook dinner, about an hour later I come back down to check on them)"

"Hey guys, you guys alright?"

"Bees bears bees beard bees beard bees bears bobobobobobo bees bears..."

"What the fuck?!"

So, basically they just were pacing, one kept saying words that start with the letter b, specifically bees and bears but other stuff too. He seemed really concerned too. After like 2 and a half hours they seemed to start to calm down. Later they all said they would never do that again and that it was like literally being transported to hell, painful, sad, frightening, and dark. It was also the last time they used that dealer.

Another account of it being used is from a time back in high school. So you know the people from school that completely sucked but were convinced that everyone dug them and often showd off stupid shit thinking that's how you get popular? Well there was thus one kid that was trying to get people to use pcp with him in the bathroom at lunch. Now, I don't know if anyone did, but he did, and all I remember is a 4"11' 115 lb wiry little white kid shove the 6'6" 255lb security guard into a locker unit so hard they all dented and the guard was nearly knocked unconscious. The kid didn't even drop after being tasered the first few times....

There's a good reason this drug has the urban legends associated with it that it does, as far as turning you superhuman and insane goes at least. It doesn't look up my alley at all, but I find dissociatives to be rather undesirable compared to psychedelics anyways, so perhaps my words are skewed a bit out of bias. All I know is I'd rather take my chances on nbome's over bloody PCP, but id still like to try it before I kick the bucket because I have a weird fascination about anything that can alter your state of mind that much and cause behavior that bizzare.

It's worth mentioning whether the PCP doses were titrated or known exactly by measurement in those cases you described. Because if not, your NBOMe comparison seems flawed in that NBOMe's could easily kill you if you used and dosed it like a lot of people apparently dose PCP.

Solipsis said it all in the post #2
in other words: stay away from PCP if you don't know what you're doing.

I used to do that shit all the time 30 years ago.
It came in powdered form and was usually smoked or snorted. I IV'ed it quite a bit. It's pretty freaky shit.
We'd usually make 20-25 "McDonalds Spoon Dimes" out of !gram, which meant each dime was 40-50mg. If it was strong, and it usually was, a dime would put you on the moon.
We called it tripping on PCP "getting small". I think George Carlin does a bit about it..."Get Small".

I'd like to say it sucked, it's bad, stay away from it, but I cant. I used to love that shit.
I can't compare it with any of its analogs because i've never done any of them.
If it's "pure" PCP then watch out 20-30 mg is enough to spin you pretty good.

Erowid suggests 10mg as a "strong" dose. Don't take 20-30mg, that's stupid high, especially without any experience and tolerance.

Erowid suggests 10mg as a "strong" dose. Don't take 20-30mg, that's stupid high, especially without any experience and tolerance.

do what he says...we never weighed shit and we probably dosed kinda high and also i have no idea as far as purity goes...if 10 mg is a high dose, then our shit musta been shit.

then again, it'd eat through aluminum foil...

It's worth mentioning whether the PCP doses were titrated or known exactly by measurement in those cases you described. Because if not, your NBOMe comparison seems flawed in that NBOMe's could easily kill you if you used and dosed it like a lot of people apparently dose PCP.

I get your point, doses are essentially unknown, one was a dipped ciggerette, one was identified as a dime. All i know is the state of mind of people I've seen on it seemed disturbing, and i feel it's good to use caution and to relate experiences, even if they aren't personal with something this bizzare.

of course, you should never use nbome the same way. I only used it since its another substance with a problematic, shady air due to deaths and freak outs. I personally love them, hardly ever take more than a single mg, and think they have a lot of promise, but are far from an ideal moiety. Very interesting stuff, and very effective if you aren't reckless. Tho, with careful and responsible use I'm sure pcp is very interesting in its own right.

I just worry too much, mostly about getting formaldehyde instead of pcp... That wouldn't be a good day for anyone lol ..

Formaldehyde is a gas at ST&P, and in watery solution it is still a noxious, pungent irritating chemical. Even if you have never come across it, you will probably be aware when you do. Although I heard some guy ingested aniline thinking it was a 2C-E solution or something like that, which is also really horribly smelly.

Even if PCP (or analogues I am more familiar with) smells typical, weird and chemmy like idk, a hospital... it is still a different league than irritating vapor.

I have no intention of trying it. I am definitely fascinated with things that alter the mind that much but think PCP is definitely one too give a miss. Thanks for all your input guys. I do have one last question. If its possible can you describe the feeling/visuals(if any). I think that's about as close to it as I wanna get :)

contemplating getting a wet cigarette right now. Unfortunately I'd have absolutely no idea what the dosage is so i'd just have to guage it based off of taking very small drags and working my way up to a comfortable level of dissociation. I don't plan on taking more than an amount I can barely feel if I end up doing it. If it happens i'll report back with my findings :D

You could make an extract of the cigarette and reverse engineer that shit, or is that backwards? Still, volumetric measurement with that liquid should put you on basically the same level of a person with PCP or 3-MeO-PCP in every other situation... What I mean is: titration could be controlled.

Back in the day there was a product marketed as T, they said it was synthesized thc, in actuality it was PCP. It came in crystal/powder or what they called tab t, which was little orange, yellow, or green pressed pill, about the size of a roll. The powder was sold in dimes, about 1/4 to 1/2 a gram. I used to do 2 or 3 small lines, around .25 and it was intense, disasociative and psychedelic, shape shifting stuff. I did it often for a year, no flash backs, no known issues, very different from K imo. I can't say it is bad stuff, i have done much worse imo, i heard at camp bisco last year they were bunking people with it, selling it as k, it isn't like any k the kids these days have ever done.

Hey I haven't been here for a while and forget how to properly quote and reply.... but someone mentioned "laced" joints. Man if I had a nickle for every time I heard that. I'm not saying it's 100% bullshit, I'm just saying I would have a lot of nickles. I always thought "laced" joints was an urban myth until I "apparently" had one. In all honesty, to this day I'm still not sure If I was just stoned as hell off zero tolerance or if it really was laced.

I've done DMX and MXE and it didn't really feel to similar to either one of those, shit just got weird lol. This was back in high school, It was in a small city surround by more rural communities. So a few of the country kids get talking about how this "comic book guy" type character is selling "laced" joints out of the local pawn shop. I don't buy this for a goddamn second, at the time as they knew less about drugs (just started smoking weed). What the hell though, I hadn't smoked for about a month and really wanted to blaze. I never thought it could actually be laced. So we smoke it, we get walking and BLAMO! everything turns CGI lol (video games, pixar movies). I later see some kind of witch/demon in a window that my buddy doesn't see. The walk home we were both so far away from each other lol, like roaming aimlessly in a dessert but we were just in a small soccer field. We got back to my place played Resident Evil 5, which scared the shit out of me (it's not even a scary game) and the whole thing lasted waaaaay longer than weed.

For the most part when someone says, "It was laced" all I hear is "I greened out and can't come to terms with it". After that though, I'm a bit more open to listen to people about "laced" stories... With that said I still think the vast majority of them are bogus.