• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What drugs are over the counter in Canada but are prescription only in the USA?

ickray

Bluelighter
I read that Canada has drugs that you can buy over the counter which you would need a prescription for in the United States. I tried doing a little googling but didn't find a definitive list.
Any Canadians on here that happen to know?

I read that Canada has drugs that you can buy over the counter which you would need a prescription for in the United States. I tried doing a little googling but didn't find a definitive list.
Any Canadians on here that happen to know?

I'm not sure but I believe the pharmacist has a bit of discretion. For instance 8mg codeine pills are technically over the counter but you have to ask the pharmacist (who makes the decision to dispense it or not).

I'm not sure but I believe the pharmacist has a bit of discretion. For instance 8mg codeine pills are technically over the counter but you have to ask the pharmacist (who makes the decision to dispense it or not).
Interesting. Thanks for your input.

I think pharmacist is one of the few professions where it's okay to lie to the customer: "No, we don't have that product!" (while they do).

that I know of, codeine and methocarbamol. Codeine is easy to get as long as you aren't dressed like a hobo or have opioid maintenance in your medical history ( Like I do). But the better question is why? 8mg of codeine is so worthless. and you cant separate it from the 15mg of caffeine which totally ruins the experience.