• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What drug did they give me before going under anesthesia?

butterly

Greenlighter
When I had to have an operation that required surgery with general anaesthesia, they gave me something around 15 - 30 mins before putting me under anaesthesia. It was a single pill. However, I can't really remember what I did during that time, my relatives told me I was throwing my socks around in the hospital room lol, answering simple questions with funny answers.

But I remember entering the surgery room with full of doctors, when they inserted the syringe or what inside my arm, they told me "have a pleasant sleep" and I told them "you too", then bang I'm unconscious.

However, some time after surgery I almost fainted, felt nauseous, but the nurses told me a technique I don't remember to increase the blood flow to my brain to prevent fainting, and it worked. It was something like locking my fingers behind my head, then bend forward a bit and push my head back or something.

I am curious, what kind of stuff they give people right before general anaesthesia?

Sorry if it's the wrong category, or it's against the rules, if I violated any rules I would be glad to be pointed to a link where I can read them, because I couldn't find it.

Thank you.

My best guess is they gave you 0.5mg Triazolam. It's perfect for pre-operative sedation.

I always ask but i never remember the names of the drugs (they have to use different stuff on me because of my tolerance to drugs and high buprenorphine dosage)