• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What dose shall I take at a museum in amsterdam?

TurnipKing

Greenlighter
So I'm trying shrooms for the first time in amsterdam and I'll probably do it before we go to a museum. I've done acid countless times, how do shrooms compare? I still want to function and be able to do stuff. Thanks!

edit: Another question, can I just chew them a little and swallow or do i have to chew them into a paste? Can I eat them with a mars bar or some mnms to make the taste a little better?

Last edited:
They vary in potency & it's likely to be fresh truffles if you're buying them legally in Amsterdam, so the dose range is totally different to dried mushrooms. They're usually sold in portions big enough for a good dose, you could try half for a museum dose. You can just chew & swallow, no need to hold them in your mouth or anything. A sweet drink might be better to wash it down. I've never had truffles, but mushrooms don't taste bad.

They doesn't last as long as LSD, maybe 6-8 hours & there's little or no hangover. They're not as stimulating as LSD can be. They can be more emotional.

I'd go for the "lightest" kind (some are said to be more powerful than others, and unless it's very good marketing, I've noticed it is really the case).
Take 1/2 or when you're feeling confident 2/3 of a standard dose.

Personally, I'd go for 1/2 dose and smoke weed.

LSD tends to be simulating while mushrooms can get heavy sedating. Definitely shoot for a lower dose to start and gradually work your way up to the effect you want. The main difference in neuro activity is that LSD has activity in dopamine psilocybin/psilocin does not. The difference is impossible to really explain. LSD leads to patterning and morphing/breathing surface textures I find and closer to phen visuals vs melting, color changing, and wobbly surfaces that psilocybin and dmt itself more lead to while still having that nature.

I think you'll have a great time! :D Just dose responsibly and start low.

interesting responses, thanks guys, will probably just buy '1 dose' (may bring my scales just to be sure) and split it with a friend.

It would say none. When you try a new drug its best to do so in places where you don't have to behave. You don't have a clue how you react to shrooms.

It would say none. When you try a new drug its best to do so in places where you don't have to behave. You don't have a clue how you react to shrooms.

I don't think I'll have a bad time, and I've heard shrooms is mostly about your mindset before you do them. If I think that I'm going to have a good time before I do it, I should probably have a good time right? Worst comes, I can just go back to the apartment and wait for it to wear off.

edit: missed words and

you should take pics and use it in your trip report if you're comfortable with it. i'd love to see what kind of things you were looking at and it might get a better "feel" for what your experience was like. best of wishes hope it goes amazingly!

I would recommend you put them in a smoothie if you can, something with a bit of citrus fruits, Kiwi, Lemon, Orange, Banana and Apple will mask all the flavor, BUT I recommend you stay away from Dairy.... no milk or yogurt.

What Museum? The Vangough Museum is quite popular, I have walked around in there many times, often wondering if his perspective was a hallucination at times or IF he simply put himself in strange places.

He has this painting of a bathroom, and it kinda looks like he painted from a high corner

I'm gonna second the guy that said you should not take them in public the 1st time...

Shrooms are so unpredictable and I find I'm often less comfortable in public on them than I am on acid. Just my personal experience, you may feel different of course.

If I want to go out on mushrooms, I like to take them at home or somewhere private and relaxed - then when I start tripping, if I feel up to it, venture out to my destination of choice. I don't like taking them at the place I'm going to trip because I often times like to lie down and roll around for the first hour and giggle, then build up the energy and motivation to get out there once I'm comfortably settled into my tripping mode. With LSD, I'm fine to just drop a tab and get to it because it has that positive energetic push.