• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does Phenibut feel like?

Jacklovescrack

Greenlighter
I just ordered 100g's of Phenibut powder . 99% pure, blah blah blah, all that. I'm wondering, what is the drug you'd compare it to? Or mix of drugs? I'm hoping since they are both GabaB agonists (or work on the protein channels, whatever the hell they do) it might feel like Gabapentin or Lyrica, 2 drugs which I Love. Let me know

Never used but gabapentin surely and Lyrica mostly surely arent GABAB anything. I will leave it to those who used but imagine they still may feel similar enough. Baclofen and neurontin in normal doses feel similar to me (but they mostly feel like nothing as well).

I think that only certain people "feel" phenibut...I first took it a year or two back (after reading about it on this website, actually)...took 1 or 2 grams, then sat in a hot tub waiting for it to take effect. I did get the sense that I felt "something", some minor anxiolytic action perhaps, but it could've been placebo. I went to sleep feeling somewhat disappointed, as it felt nothing like what I thought it'd feel like (benzodiazepines, alcohol, GHB, some kind of GABAergic feel...) The next day I did feel unusually good and in high spirits, but I'm not sure if that could be attributed to the phenibut.

Every other time I've tried it I've felt absolutely nothing. Even at high doses.

It is an interesting drug, though. Some of the experiences people have had on it (both good and bad) are quite intriguing, and some people seem to like it quite a bit.

I may react differently than most but phenibut to me, 3g with no tolerance, feels like a mild MDMA, and xanax mixed into 1 AMAZING high that lasts for a good 6 hours. However a lot of my friends who have tried phenibut beg or differ. It feels like a slight serotonin dopamine and GABA type high for me at least

^ yeah I specifically remember a user on this website describing it as the "child of MDMA and Klonopin". That description made me think that it could've been quite the drug, unfortunately for me it didn't quite live up to that description.

For me it's a nice high but I find it's best combined with Kratom as the two combine for a VERY euphoric experience.

But it is interesting in that it is both calming and stimulating in ways, though usually more calming than stimulating.

I take Klonopin but get nothing other than anxiety relief from it, no high whatsoever, and I dont' take other benzos, so it would be hard to compare it to others, BUT...there was one time before a surgery I got Valium IV and had this sudden feeling of well being and relaxation yet stimulation as well in the sense that I started chatting up all the nurses that were getting me ready for surgery hahah.

So compared to any drug I've done, it felt most similar to that.

I will feel very relaxed in not just a mental but a BODILY sense, and I like being out in nature when on it (but what drug isn't good out in nature??) and it's very good for socializing and good for talking to people on and gets rid of social anxiety.

It is also good for listening to music on for me and good for working out which adds to the euphoria and some people use it as an exercise aid.

The extent to which it is also stimulating is hard to explain, but perhaps it's more mentally stimulating than physically in the added energy you have because you are so comfortable on it.

But as you get into larger doses of more than like 3,300mgs for me I start to get overly sedated and you may start nodding off and need to go to sleep.

I've never taken MDMA, but in a way it can be compared to Kratom in having a "speedballish" type effect, both stimulating and relaxing, but more relaxing than stimulating, but it has none of the opioid effects of Kratom.

I can understand though why people would compare it to MDMA + a benzo though because it has an empathetic feel to it and makes you sociable and relate well to others.

Everyone experiences it differently.

It's an unusual substance for sure.

Never used but gabapentin surely and Lyrica mostly surely arent GABAB anything. I will leave it to those who used but imagine they still may feel similar enough. Baclofen and neurontin in normal doses feel similar to me (but they mostly feel like nothing as well).

Gabapentin's and pregabalin's pharmacology is hotly debated as to whether they act on GABA B receptors, and most people cite a study that claims they do not and give it veracity just because of it being published later than the others but given their cross tolerance, remarkable similarity in effects, similar chemical structure, the fact all the gabapentinoids - of which baclofen and phenibut are considered - affect the alpha2delta calcium channel as well, and that gabapentin and pregablin CAN stop baclofen withdrawal symptoms, and considering the studies published that show that gabapentin does act on GABA B receptors, I think there is considerable evidence that they do, albeit, they aren't very potent - just as baclofen isn't very potent at the alpha2delta channel.

Also, every book I've read dealing with GABA pharmacology doesn't deny their activity at the B receptor site, only merely point out it being uncertain or disputed.

I am new to bluelight btw, but been a lurker for a long long time lol. I feel somewhat educated from reading for years on end, lol.

But yea, i am def one of those people who feel phenibut. It seems like GABA B agonists is like marijuana, where there is a reverse tolerance. Meaning i really didnt appreciate its effects until about the third time i dosed it.
When i first got hip to phenibut in 2010, it seemed alot stronger. It even had a crystal like appearance. Nowadays it has a flour like look and its effects are a little smoother.
I used to fall asleep in the middle of anything on it. That was very alarming to some people. Much like GHB, it producing a very high grade euphoria and almost a trippy visual effect. Colors look very vivid and beautiful on phen.
I also experience some hardcore withdrawal from it and tolerance to anything gaba b is a beeyatch.
i think since it has a resemblance to phenetheylamine, is modulates dopamine. It def has a dopeamine feel to it. And so does the detox.
I think it removes anxiety very well, at first, but that changes after a few solid days of dosing. It also increases appetite and my weight very quickly. I dont feel gaba a adherence with this drug but do feel a hgh spike lol

You're right. It definitely has a catalyzing effect on dopamine because of it's phenethylamine structure - something that differentiates it from baclofen. Some studies claim it to affect GABA A receptors in higher doses, whilst others contradict this, so I dunno about that as I haven't done much research. But where have you been getting phenibut that looks like flour? - it should look like crystals, that's all I've ever seen... Be careful with the withdrawals... research GABA B agonist withdrawals online and read about the case reports from baclofen withdrawals...the delirium and hallucinations the syndrome can produce can mimic paranoid schizophrenia.

Nice input. Thats very interesting on what you said about baclofen. I always that they were striking similiar, in which they are but baclo does not have that strong dopamine feel like phen.
Also i have heard voices cold turkeying off phenibut. Also very vivid dreams, sleep paralysis, and night terror.
Liftmodes phenibut, both there HCL and Free Amino Acid version look like flour.
i will admit, i am bipolar 2, so my reactions to drugs are intense both on and coming off them.

My phenibut I've gotten from liftmode always had a crystal like appearance. hmm. that's interesting. but, yeah. GABA B agonists are known for causing hallucinations of all perceptions in withdrawal if it's to a certain degree. I've withdrawn hardcore from baclofen three times from being on high doses for two years after a massive over dose of nearly 2 grams of it, and I was in a delusional, paranoid, state with full blown auditory hallucinations that I didn't even know weren't real while I was in the hospital. I thought they were trying to have me arrested and were putting epinephrine and amphetamine in my catheter and IV. (This was due to the extreme stimulation I was feeling - the hallucinations were all stemming from what was going on with my body and environment, which was what made them seem so real.) And that the seroqueland remeron they gave me to sleep was amphetamine with LSD on it because it made me hallucinate because of the very fucked up, tender, and damaged, hyper-excitable state my brain was in from having practically no GABA B receptors due to intense downregulation.

I also developed a fever of almost 107 and got an infection - it's known to cause hyperthermia ad hyperhydrosis due to initiating a hypermetabolic syndrome. I also didn't sleep for six days. These GABA B agonists can be really nasty. That's why I stress to be careful with them.

Interestingly, though. The first time I took phenibut, about 3 grams, I noticed striking GABA A effects - blurred vision, staggering gait... like the first time I took Klonopin. So it may very well effect the GABA A receptor, a property which baclofen may lose with the addition of the chloride atom.

My phenibut I've gotten from liftmode always had a crystal like appearance. hmm. that's interesting. but, yeah. GABA B agonists are known for causing hallucinations of all perceptions in withdrawal if it's to a certain degree. I've withdrawn hardcore from baclofen three times from being on high doses for two years after a massive over dose of nearly 2 grams of it, and I was in a delusional, paranoid, state with full blown auditory hallucinations that I didn't even know weren't real while I was in the hospital. I thought they were trying to have me arrested and were putting epinephrine and amphetamine in my catheter and IV. (This was due to the extreme stimulation I was feeling - the hallucinations were all stemming from what was going on with my body and environment, which was what made them seem so real.) And that the seroqueland remeron they gave me to sleep was amphetamine with LSD on it because it made me hallucinate because of the very fucked up, tender, and damaged, hyper-excitable state my brain was in from having practically no GABA B receptors due to intense downregulation.

I also developed a fever of almost 107 and got an infection - it's known to cause hyperthermia ad hyperhydrosis due to initiating a hypermetabolic syndrome. I also didn't sleep for six days. These GABA B agonists can be really nasty. That's why I stress to be careful with them.

Interestingly, though. The first time I took phenibut, about 3 grams, I noticed striking GABA A effects - blurred vision, staggering gait... like the first time I took Klonopin. So it may very well effect the GABA A receptor, a property which baclofen may lose with the addition of the chloride atom.

I also get the blurred vision and staggering gait yet I am prescribed Klonopin and I have NEVER gotten those effects from Klonopin so that's interesting.

I guess substances effect everyone differently, unless you were on a really large dose of Klonopin, cause I only take 1.5mgs.

Mine was a 2mg tablet back in 2010 after not having any luck with 10mg of diazepam. Didn't find out it was affecting me til I was taking wide, loopy, curvy turns in my car that my passenger noticed, not me. lol