• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does a caffeine crash feel like?

airthe

Bluelighter
hello i was just wondering what an caffeine crash feels like

I dont really experience a crash from caffeine. I definitely notice if i dont have any in the morning but if I take caffeine in the morning and then dont take anymore all day at worst i will feel a bit tired and have a minor head ache. I also usually dose at regular times so i dont really crash. I take pills so its usually 600mg at 7am, an energy drink at 11 or 12 and then 100mg at 3 or 4pm. I dont notice a crash by 10 or 11pm as i usually just go to sleep at that time.

This is also one of the primary reasons I don't drink coffee, and because it acts as a completel diuretic with my body.

I drink 4 cups in the morning and I feel no crash. I like it because caffeine protects my liver and brain from oxidative stress and it reduces the risk of neurodegenerative diseases like alzheimer and PD.

To each their own; I will sometimes get one of those fancy iced coffees, usually with chocolate chips and whipcream.

only very rarely have I experienced a caffeine crash -- when I've not been consuming much/any lately and consume a huge amount at once. I differentiate this from "caffeine withdrawals" because to me crash implies no dependency, just the comedown.
man though I did have to w/d off 350mg/day of caffeine recently and that sucked. I'm not sure exactly how bad it sucked because I was also w/ding off an amphetamine, an SSRI and an antipsychotic at the same time, but I attribute those deathly headaches to the caffeine at least.

symptoms include -- headache, exhaustion/fatigue, depression, irritability, insomnia despite a strong desire to sleep

I do have a question: what kind of caffeine consumption are you talking about? 1-2 cups of coffee per day, 3-6 cups of coffee per day, caffeine pills (what mg?), or slamming energy drinks all day? Might be easier to give a more accurate answer.

I myself drink coffee nearly every day. Not as much on the weekends, though. And I usually keep it to 1-3 cups a day. I can stop cold turkey and have no issues whatsoever. But I'm sure you're talking about a much higher "dose" of caffeine.

I've drank a couple cups every morning for years. I've never experienced a crash, only WD symptoms if I don't have any by afternoon of the next day