Mental Health What do you wish you'd done earlier?

demonapocalypse

Greenlighter
Im currently 19 and have my share of regrets, many of which I believe could've been helped somewhat if I gave them attention years ago. Among other things, I wish I had started seeing a therapist when I was 14, now I have essentially wasted 5 precious years of my life (though I haven't started seeing one yet I feel like I need to talk to someone, could be jumping the gun but definitely feel like its something I need).
Considering things like this makes me worry that a few years down the line ill regret not taking action on something that didn't really concern me at the time. I feel like if I ask this and get feedback from other people it might make me realize something now and allow me to preemptively get my shit together. Also I feel like its nice to just get things off your chest. So, if you could go back in time and redo something/start doing something, what would you do/why? Not even just mental health stuff but even stuff like teaching yourself something new/getting into something new, appreciating friends more, etc.

Im currently 19 and have my share of regrets, many of which I believe could've been helped somewhat if I gave them attention years ago. Among other things, I wish I had started seeing a therapist when I was 14, now I have essentially wasted 5 precious years of my life (though I haven't started seeing one yet I feel like I need to talk to someone, could be jumping the gun but definitely feel like its something I need).
Considering things like this makes me worry that a few years down the line ill regret not taking action on something that didn't really concern me at the time. I feel like if I ask this and get feedback from other people it might make me realize something now and allow me to preemptively get my shit together. Also I feel like its nice to just get things off your chest. So, if you could go back in time and redo something/start doing something, what would you do/why? Not even just mental health stuff but even stuff like teaching yourself something new/getting into something new, appreciating friends more, etc.
I wish I stayed in school and went to college
I wish I got into fitness younger
I wish I took responsibility for my life's condition and stopped being so nihilistic

Appreciating the positive support of the right kind of friendships for me I didnt wanna lose but was so paralyzed by the shame of my compulsions I lost touch but got back in touch and hung once after ignoring them for what they said was like two years didnt even feel like a full year man then lost touch so bad this time we are all outta touch basically coulda had a beautiful male friend triangle if it was not for my addictions consuming my soul I feel

Fitness younger for sure. Although looking back my lifestyle alone kept me pretty fit. I’d run for hours some nights, get into fights, jump fences, etc. I’d work out on the odd occasion but not often.

I wish I would’ve not been so shy as a younger person too, which stemmed from my sugar, alcohol and cocaine intake. I could’ve gotten sooooo much more pussy than I did. I cringe at the thought sometimes.

But ya exercise and proper diet are so important. Im gonna keep shilling the Whole30 Diet cuz it’s done me so damn good. It’s only 30 days cuz it’s more about learning positive habits that you’ll carry with long after, and cuz highly restrictive diets can’t be sustained forever. I’d say I’m in some of the best shape of my life right now thanks in part to this diet.

-GC

Tried to reach out on the phone at work today to this old friend or kung fu training brother I last hung with years back but he feels unreachable now left a couple truly sorry messages said I would no longer try to contact him maybe the only way to do that fully is by going back to where he trains still most likely and I want to make amends to all them there too one day I told myself to do it with money since I cannot give them the psychological/spiritual devotion they ask for from me.

I shouldn't procrastinate with making a donation once I grow some balls back and start paddy whack stackin' some chedda

If there is one thing I regret that I should have done earlier, was back in 2015. Ethereum had just had its inception at the end of July 2015, and I was looking at the price and wondering if it would ever get to $1000 AUD. Well, it got to $5000 AUD, and got well past $1000 AUD back in 2017.

I had a chance to sink at least $10,000 AUD into it when it was worth just 65 cents.

That's something I'll regret for years and years to come. I had a chance to really grab that brass ring, uh, wait a minute, I mean that gold ring.

And now, I just have to relegate myself to a life of mediocrity. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot and yep it sucks a dead donkey's dick. FML.

Fitness younger for sure. Although looking back my lifestyle alone kept me pretty fit. I’d run for hours some nights, get into fights, jump fences, etc. I’d work out on the odd occasion but not often.

I wish I would’ve not been so shy as a younger person too, which stemmed from my sugar, alcohol and cocaine intake. I could’ve gotten sooooo much more pussy than I did. I cringe at the thought sometimes.

But ya exercise and proper diet are so important. Im gonna keep shilling the Whole30 Diet cuz it’s done me so damn good. It’s only 30 days cuz it’s more about learning positive habits that you’ll carry with long after, and cuz highly restrictive diets can’t be sustained forever. I’d say I’m in some of the best shape of my life right now thanks in part to this diet.

-GC
definitely another thing for me, the amount of girls I rejected/refused to reciprocate interest towards to feed into my narcissism makes me want to die. I wish I had been more of a hoe :(

I wish I could grieve for my dad but it's too hard to deal with and I'd explode.

I wish I could grieve for my dad but it's too hard to deal with and I'd explode.
I feel ya on that. Grief is too hard for me too and I've avoided it for a few really important people in my life who've died. Not healthy.

I feel ya on that. Grief is too hard for me too and I've avoided it for a few really important people in my life who've died. Not healthy.
Not healthy indeed - almost an invitation to illness in fact

Grief gets harder and harder the more you get, it's clearly accumulative.

Because it's so painful we avoid it, natural to do so but massively unhelpful for us - I speak from extensive personal and professional experience unfortunately

I don't do advice usually, but on this particular topic I'd strongly urge anyone and everyone to create the space somehow in order to experience their grief. I've not seen one single case of it being helpful to avoid it, not even one.

Of course it can seem like it helps though, and in a way it does in the short term anyway. A bit like heroin or benzo's 'help'. Short term.

We may feel we can't bear the grief, but the reality is that we can and, if we wish to continue growth/development...life? Then we actually have to.

Not healthy indeed - almost an invitation to illness in fact

Grief gets harder and harder the more you get, it's clearly accumulative.

Because it's so painful we avoid it, natural to do so but massively unhelpful for us - I speak from extensive personal and professional experience unfortunately

I don't do advice usually, but on this particular topic I'd strongly urge anyone and everyone to create the space somehow in order to experience their grief. I've not seen one single case of it being helpful to avoid it, not even one.

Of course it can seem like it helps though, and in a way it does in the short term anyway. A bit like heroin or benzo's 'help'. Short term.

We may feel we can't bear the grief, but the reality is that we can and, if we wish to continue growth/development...life? Then we actually have to.
Very well said, thank you mate <3