• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe What different things can I take for withdrawals between taking my last dose of heroin (smoked), to then taking Buprenorphine (18-24 hour wait).

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I currently use two items, however, one of them is a bit of a pain and it can cause mild PWD - Immodium. Immodium helps, but it gives me constipation. The capsules are only 2mg, too, so I typically have a full tray of x8 2mg, and it quells the feeling quite a bit.

The other thing I take is Kratom. I take red vein Kratom, the FS Bali Gold strain... Much more effective for opiate withdrawal than Immodium, it works pretty well.

Anyway, sometimes I can only manage 18 hours, and I get mild PWD when I start taking the bupe again (but only a really small amounts, tbf, it last about 1-2 hours and isn't that intense at all, as most of the opiate receptors have left my brain, but not all). I prefer the 2 hour PWD over waiting another 4 hours.

To the point, are there any other drugs that can help with the wait between H & Bupe, other than the ones mentioned here? Something that works like an opiate (like Kratom) but doesn't give you PWD would be ideal... Or anything similar.

If anybody has any suggestions, please, let be know... Thank you in advance!🌞

I found weed to help quite a bit with the restlessness. And alcohol. Also promethizine helped me. Helps with stomach pains altogether. Other than that, not really. You just gotta get through it.

I’ve heard of people taking Xanax as well. You can only do so much. 🤷‍♀️

Pregabalin / gabapentin can serve well and as they aren't opioids themselves, unlike Kratom, there is no risk of PWS. Even though I've read that Kratom also has a low probability of precipitating withdrawal.

I was always able to take low dose 1-2mg bupe without inducing PW once I started getting dope sick, but I took pills (~140mg hydrocodone/day) not IV.

Kratom in between u won't go into withdraw after since it's a partial agonist like bupe mainly. And memantine+ Lyrica or gaba. Benzos will also help