• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What deadly line did you cross, when you are an I.V user?

sleepwalker

Bluelighter
Let me explain a bit more. I was trained as surgeons assistant, so shooting up was taught and tried out on n orange ,twice but then i learned all techniques on humans..
Now the first time i ever tried to put a needle in my arm there seemed to be an invisible barrier.8)
So IM use of Dormicum was the start, its more like :1,2,go and punch that muscle.

But this needlefetish took me over a line.
One day after being sick for quite a long time i got my H and some Coke to party.
But all coke WAS meant for nasal use , so if you wanted to smoke it, you'd have to use ammonia to make it smokeable.

I came prepared with 2 filled syringes, one with water for my H, one with ammonia to clean the coke.
Upon squirting the water in the spoon with H, I immediatelly realized i had added the wrong substance in the wrong spoon.
Here's a line I crossed which i never thought possible, i was so sick, i added citric acid to the ammonia, cooked it and took the shot anways.8o8(
And i survived, shot did what it shouldt have done.
Now i am sure we all crossed many lines, but do any of you have a similar story?
I often tell this story for it shows me what Heroin and needle use can do to your thinking.

Anyone?

I have done a few things like that. Like bleaching out a pin, forgetting to rinse it with water, drawing up and just doing it anyways. Even that small amount of bleach burns.

Then I was using fent last spring and it got so bad that when my package came I would be so sick I would eyeball the pure fent (the only reason I lived probably was my tolerance was SO high that I was taking ocassionally shots of 3mgs (the equivalent of 300mgs of morphine) and when I say eyeball I'm talking a couple little granules. Then once I was right I would take the rest of the bag (which would by that point be around 100mgs for one b/c they were slightly over 100mgs) and dilute it into 10 IU 100s (so each 10 IUs was 1mg) and use 10-30 IUs at a time. And it definitely was good fent- I had friends that tried 200mcgs and were puking. It only took like a couple weeks for it to get BAD like that. So yeah- eyeballing fentanyl powder- something I knew I shouldn't do but the fent WDs were so bad I felt like I couldn't even go through the diluting process. To get back on subs I had to go from fent to H to subs.

Oh, and another terrible thing about the fent- it only holds for 60-120 minutes in my case, maybe like 2.5-3 hours if sleeping and the last dose was big.

The worst of it for me was fishing my used picks out of a sharps bin trying to make a choice as to which one was last used, clean out and use. I'm lucky I didn't get any heart issues like "veges" and require replacement valves courtesy of some poor piggy. There's no excuse for reusing needles in Australia as they are supplied to users free of charge. But it's not like junkies are necessarily an organised bunch. You know the needle is blunt when you can barely pull it out cos it's like a fish hook clinging to your vein and skin.....Ew.

Injecting the small, ever so-small, amount of h I could get out of my cotton that filtered the h out in the first place.

- used needle as well.

- Getting pissed off not being able to find a vein, and muscling it.
- Going through my own sin bin to get a used needle. (Only mine, but still, not good using a blunt pin)
- The stuff congealing. Instead of throwing it away, I put it back in the spoon, heated it up and shot.

I'm glad my needle days are over.

Re used needle that was last used by someone that had hep c and had no bleach or anything so I said fuck it. I ended up getting hep but luckily years later took the grueling treatment and am now hep free!