View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What counts as frequent ketamine use

Seph

Bluelighter
So within the past month I tried k for the first time and had an absolutely amazing time with some friends talking all night and having a mini rave to ourselves for a solid hour or two . Anyway i have read that frequent k use can lead to bladder scaring and heavy/long term use can lead to the formation of brain leasons, so my questions are what consitutes heavy usage/frequency and what is the safest way and amount of I to use ?

Ideally, less than once a week, although I prefer to wait at least 2 if large doses were consumed because that's when I start to feel very mild UT effects. Once in a blue moon though, I'll use it a few times a week and then take a break to be extra cautious. Most published cases of irreversible bladder damage from ketamine was from daily use in heavy doses, but don't think that you're safe just because you don't go that nuts with it. Olney's lesions have only been proven in PCP abusers as far as I'm aware. Basically, use common sense. Give your body time to heal like you would (or should) with alcohol or any substance that is known to be hard on the body.

Apparently ketamine can also cause such lesions after about 1 year of addiction: http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnana.2013.00023/full - They start as very minor but then in the following couple of years become actual more serious lesions.

So they may be an eventuality even if they happen much faster in other animal species with different metabolism.

Agreed that more than weekly use is not a good idea, but it may be better to do it less often depending on what addictive tendencies it may precipitate. Twice a week and sticking to it is preferable to starting with once a week and then having huge problems with escalation.

Be careful with ketamine. I don't know many people who can control how much they take if they have regular access to it and the money for their habit.

Be careful with ketamine. I don't know many people who can control how much they take if they have regular access to it and the money for their habit.

You ain'ta woofing!
That stuff grabs you by the balls.
Luckily I don't have any more extra money to spend on K ATM...I spent it all on K!
I am doing the S isomer and from the standpoint of it's increased action my total intake is not as high as it probably would be with the racemic.
Generally a "heavy" night for me is 250-500 mgs and I might consume 2-4 grams on a run which will last about a week and then I take a break.
Before anyone preaches at me, I am aware of the downsides and have taken "steps" to curb my use.

I am prescribed nasal ketamine. It is a dream come true. I have a list of pain and psychological issues that ketamine helps directly with. for 8 years I was on a cocktail of pain killers, benzos, muscle relaxers, etc. I have always not been able to feel pain relief or "high" (at all) of oxycodone or any opiate at any milligram, or even gram. Now I dont need anything but K. maybe some marijuana too.

Ketamine is literally hands down the most fun, and helpful drug for me, next to mushrooms(which has more therapeutic properties for me)

You're actually prescribed it nasally? Never heard of that.

Ideally, you should keep it to once every 1-2 weeks at most. However in my experience, even if you only do K at this frequency your tolerance is going to steadily build up, and Ketamine tolerance is a bitch to get rid of.

Thanks guys I think at most it'll be once a month if even but with little knowledge about k except for some basic info of erowid your responses have been great .

Last I read this was still in clinical trials. Evidently not any more.
What is the dosage?
mg/ml dilution?
S isomer or racemic?
Brand name?

idk what isomer. I should call and ask. it is 100mg/ml and theres 30ml with 3.45g of ketamine in the bottle. I feel like I get .01 per spritz, as it takes me about 4 to feel great, and 10 spritzes to make me have some visuals and noodle limbs.

Interesting thread. I recently had an infusion done due to pain. 500mg iv over 8 hours. Not as I remember it from a large oral dose 16 years ago, but shit, I'd be happy once a week or month.

Bumps of ketamine every few days helps with general malaise/depression more than any other disso I have tried.

Maybe 20-25mg in the morning and then do some yoga or a few 20mg bumps at night every few days.

I like to hole and whatnot, but I would rather dose smaller. Maybe if I had a larger/cheaper supply it would be different. I kind of think feeling not so fucked up about being alive wins over holing every day and ruining my tolerance

idk what isomer. I should call and ask. it is 100mg/ml and theres 30ml with 3.45g of ketamine in the bottle. I feel like I get .01 per spritz, as it takes me about 4 to feel great, and 10 spritzes to make me have some visuals and noodle limbs.

Thank you.
I will have to evap my 25mg/ml down to a stronger product and see how it goes.
It's way too easy for me to do excessive amounts with a needle so maybe after a few months break I will try this and see how it goes.

Apparently ketamine can also cause such lesions after about 1 year of addiction: http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnana.2013.00023/full - They start as very minor but then in the following couple of years become actual more serious lesions.

So they may be an eventuality even if they happen much faster in other animal species with different metabolism.

Agreed that more than weekly use is not a good idea, but it may be better to do it less often depending on what addictive tendencies it may precipitate. Twice a week and sticking to it is preferable to starting with once a week and then having huge problems with escalation.

Interesting. Like I said, I had no idea, but I'll keep that in mind now. You're absolutely right about addictive tendencies, which I failed to bring up. I only have fiendish tendencies (meaning redosing til I'm too high to see straight) and then I can forget about it for long enough at least, but I have a friend who is having trouble with weekly use, and I'm starting to worry about him :/ I told him once a week but maybe twice a week at lower doses would be better, since he doesn't especially care about holing.

Interesting. Like I said, I had no idea, but I'll keep that in mind now. You're absolutely right about addictive tendencies, which I failed to bring up. I only have fiendish tendencies (meaning redosing til I'm too high to see straight) and then I can forget about it for long enough at least, but I have a friend who is having trouble with weekly use, and I'm starting to worry about him :/ I told him once a week but maybe twice a week at lower doses would be better, since he doesn't especially care about holing.
Ketamine, for me, gives very real meaning to "compulsive re-dosing". I finally shipped my last 20 or so vials to friend for safe keeping until after January 2017 and then will get periodic shipments after that. I've never seen anything even close to K for addiction and I have been addicted at one time or another to virtually everything addictable.

Ketamine, for me, gives very real meaning to "compulsive re-dosing". I finally shipped my last 20 or so vials to friend for safe keeping until after January 2017 and then will get periodic shipments after that. I've never seen anything even close to K for addiction and I have been addicted at one time or another to virtually everything addictable.

Same here.

Ideally, you should keep it to once every 1-2 weeks at most. However in my experience, even if you only do K at this frequency your tolerance is going to steadily build up, and Ketamine tolerance is a bitch to get rid of.

This is the definite truth, even after taking a month break from ketamine I still have a huge tolerance.
I haven't really taken a break longer than a month and a half though, ketamine habits grab you pretty hard too