• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What can I replace with?

eye2797

Greenlighter
I have pain on the daily. I have headaches quite frequent and lower back pain, I also have a bad neck. My doctor knows all this and is doesn't like prescribing pain medication. I do not take it daily but when I do need, I don't have it.
I have done physical therapy and such for my neck, it was from a bad go cart accident.
I am trying to find some alternatives to the pain meds, like herbal and natural type things.
If it is allowed would like any suggestions from others.

Have you ever tried medical cannabis? If it's an option in your state it's definitely something to look into.

Yes, Felonious. I am a major proponent of Cannabis becoming a second or even firs-line treatment for pain. As a medicine, it's still clouded in this weird abiguity, despite the fact that it's essentially the most effective medication for the purpose outside of Opioids. What state are you in OP?

Cannabis, while potentially a decent analgesic, just doesn't seem too practical, at least not for either severe pain, or long term use.

As an adjunct to other medications, OK, but then I'd worry about adverse CNS-related outcomes, like car accidents & the like.

You also have the entire segment of the population that view cannabis as an illegal drug, and a psychoactive narcotic---not saying theres anything wrong with that, I love it, but I only love cars and guns when i'm the one driving/shooting lol---which, education & enlightenment aside, will always be a deal-breaker for some.

Not to mention even in Legal states, you can't get a job with green piss.....silly bit of rubbish that is.

What in the hell did people(companies, P.O.'s, Doctors, nosy parents) do before drug tests, I wonder???
THEY WORKED.....they had fucking jobs & went to work FFS!

Drug tests have ruined the economy, thereby!

Oh ffs I give up on trying to edit my posts. Anyway I basically suggested possible diet changes. Though if it's crohnic pain perhaps a pain clinic. I went through the whole only being allowed a certain number of narcotics prescriptions from my family practice doc before having to be referred to a pain clinic. Not all pain clinics are horrible as mine has pain docs, nutritionist, lifestyle coaches, support groups and they even have psychiatrists and counselors or staff.

I was editing to add that I agree that outside of opiods medical cannabis is effective, but depending on the causes of your pain it may only be temporary relief. In my original comment I mentioned that it takes more than just opiods to alleviate pain...at least in my experience. Ginger & turmeric work wonders for me.

I am in Illinois. Not sure about here.

Illinois actually has a functioning program. There's quite a long list of conditions so there's a good chance you'd be covered.

There's non-smoked options in IL too so you could take a tincture or a capsule to be able to get a variety of CBD:THC ratios. All things your dispensary would be able to work with you on. I met some people that worked at a couple of the organizations, really nice people and really dedicated to what they do. The dispensaries even have RNs on staff.

What do you mean "your doctor"? How about you find another doctor if you need one? If, but ONLY IF your pain is realy bad, opiates would be what you need.