• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What can I expect from Lexapro?

Byzek

Bluelighter
So im taking 5-htp since one year.
It helps very well, no side effects, I love it.
But there is no more 5-htp available.

So now Im thinking about taking lexapro its for free becoz of insurance.

Avtually I have it since one year in my cupboard and I tried it i think 3times and every time I discontinued it after few days bevoz i felt weird.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last time I ran through a glass door, the lexapro made me so dizzy.

I

Wow, I have been on Lexapro for 10 years
8 years at 10 mgs, and the last two ( COVID) @ 20mgs
I have also now added 150mgs of wellbrutian
I have been told to NOT mix with 5-HTP
It is working well
Life is not easy, but I do not feel that I am in a black clowd.
All I find is I stay emotionally in the middle, Not to High ( Happy) or LOW (sad)!
Right now this all works for me.
I am 62 and not sure of any side effects, due to all the fucking New ones with Just Aging :unsure:
:rofl:

I'm sure you can get more 5htp. I don't know what you're taking it for but if 5htp is working for you then maybe you shouldn't substitute it.

I definitely wouldn't try using a drug you already have known problems with.

They’ve been super helpful in treating my anxiety and depression, along with Wellbutrin. They’ll kill your sex drive though smh! (Which is why my doctor added the Wellbutrin.)

This is really on the borderline in terms of Harm Reduction. I totally support the questions you're asking and I'm definitely not giving you any shit here, but this is a forum dedicated to keeping people safe from potentially lethal substances. Anti-depressants like SSRI's do not usually fit into this. I'm going to leave this open, but I highly doubt that anyone will give you anything any more useful than "it helped me a bit, but not in a crazy way".

Other than that, there are complexities of your perception, emotions and biology that make describing something as definitively subtle as the subjective effects of a Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor. I just mean you'll be doing way more valuable research by simply trying it yourself and making your own judgements.

Personally is destroyed my sex drive and caused horrible withdrawal when I tried to quit.

I dont get it why ssris are reducing my libido but 5-htp not 🤷‍♂️

Its serotonin 🤷‍♂️